1. Post

Posts in this thread appear as comments on the following Gameplanet article:

Read article...

2. Post
    so will they be moving all the players from the Division to the new Division 2?

3. Post
    Bloody wrote:
    I hope it's brand new - I'd would deter new players like myself if it was transfered over and old players had an advantage over new players

4. Post
    Bloody wrote:
    Who knows, but at the very least it would be nice if Division players from the current game had some sort of "bonus", even if in the form of patches/insignia's that can be worn on your characters clothing, or even clothing itself to show that they're a "Division Veteran" or something of that nature.

Given clothing itself doesn't have stat bonuses or whatever (at least in the current game.)

5. Post
    that would split the playerbase tho, some players have put in hundreds, thousands of hours in their toons in Div1. While playing brand new in Div2 would be interesting but considering this is an ongoing game , this is the primary reason why a WoW2 never came about.

6. Post
    SirGrim wrote:
    I hope it's brand new - I'd would deter new players like myself if it was transfered over and old players had an advantage over new players
    If you don't do PvP I don't see what difference it would make. It's a primarily PvE game after all.

7. Post
    Just transfer characters over and give them a slight upgrade on starting gear that will make no difference in 2-3 levels + an achievement

8. Post
    EvaUnit02 wrote:
    If you don't do PvP I don't see what difference it would make. It's a primarily PvE game after all.
    in the beta all I did was pvp, I found the pve to rather boring in comparison

9. Post
    Looking forward to this, be a day 1 purchase for sure. built on the new snowdrop engine, be interesting what they have to say at E3

10. Post
    DeltaTenNZ wrote:
    Who knows, but at the very least it would be nice if Division players from the current game had some sort of "bonus", even if in the form of patches/insignia's that can be worn on your characters clothing, or even clothing itself to show that they're a "Division Veteran" or something of that nature.

Given clothing itself doesn't have stat bonuses or whatever (at least in the current game.)
    I read the following "in June 2018 players will be able to play/get shields which are specific achievements that will allow them to unlock division 2 rewards" - not sure what the rewards are but looks like they are trying to give something to Division 1 players
    Last edited by Mountain Slayr; 10th March 2018 at 8:49 am.

11. Post
    Seems like a huge cash grab, Why not just keep expanding the first one ? Release a few reasonably sized expacs etc. I just started playing this again though and its tons better than what it was on release.

12. Post
    Sverin wrote:
    Seems like a huge cash grab, Why not just keep expanding the first one ? Release a few reasonably sized expacs etc. I just started playing this again though and its tons better than what it was on release.
    So releasing a new game on a better engine verses just updating an old game equals a cash grab. if they did that most people would be unhappy with visual quality frame rate etc due to the jump in quality/specs over A 2-3 year period. A couple of big expansions would be at least half the cost of a new game. Now something like cod that comes out every year that's more of a cash grab than releasing a 2nd game which will be at least 3 years after the first game released.

13. Post
    SirGrim wrote:
    in the beta all I did was pvp, I found the pve to rather boring in comparison
    PvE was the main focus of the big v1.8 update from the other month (Feb 2018 ).

Sverin wrote:
    Because boxed retail releases are important for selling games to a primarily console audience, who're mainly normies who walk into shops and buy physical copies still. "Games as a service" is still a relatively new concept for them.
    Last edited by EvaUnit02; 10th March 2018 at 5:22 pm.

14. Post
    I'm keen for this.

I stopped playing The Division for a while and when I tried to get back into it, I had a hard time finding groups to run with.

Still, I spin it up for some Survival solo-queue every now and then.

I've been waiting for more story stuff to be released, and I hope that's what this will be. Story is king. If they build it, I will come.

15. Post
    There's a division discord group with tons of people playing. Super easy to find a group for anything.

https://discord.gg/thedivision