1. Post
    Added the Ridley amiibo to my preorder.

2. Post
    It annoys me that EB Games are charging $29.99 for the Smash Amiibo now, pretty sure all the other ones have been $24.99.

Why the price hike? Oh right because they can.

I've got Ridley on pre-order and I absolutely love him and the fact that it is even a thing, but man as someone who collects all the Smash Bros. ones the extra cost on the new ones for no apparent reason pisses me off.

3. Post
    Got a digital preorder now as well (will give physical cart to my son) so gonna play from midnight

Feeling hype afff!

pic taken from Paris, France. Subway station : Châtelet

Print your own manual thanks to some redditor:

https://www.reddit.com/r/NintendoSwi...sical_manuals/

4. Post
    Version 1.1.0 has added the ability to pull in spirits from certain other games that you own (i.e. your switch as a save file), like Pikachu / Eevee from Let's Go, Dice, River Survival and Golden Mushroom from Mario Party.

5. Post
    Is it definitely available for play from midnight? Usually the Eshop only updates at 9 or 10am does it not?

6. Post
    koukimonster wrote:
    Is it definitely available for play from midnight? Usually the Eshop only updates at 9 or 10am does it not?
    The mainline official nintendo games from what i gather are normally midnight. Starlink was midnight (well, like 4 minutes past) so I'm not 100% sure how the whole thing goes. It could well be that it doesn't unlock until later in the morning. Dunno.

7. Post
    Crow#Zero wrote:
    Version 1.1.0 has added the ability to pull in spirits from certain other games that you own (i.e. your switch as a save file), like Pikachu / Eevee from Let's Go, Dice, River Survival and Golden Mushroom from Mario Party.
    Love it when games do things like this. Wonder what else we'll get

8. Post
    Never played any Smash games so I dont feel any hype

- - - Updated - - -

Gazza-Max wrote:
    Love it when games do things like this. Wonder what else we'll get
    Would be genius marketing move to get a character from every Nintendo game

9. Post
    I'm not into the Smash Bros games but it's great to see another AAA exclusive game on the Switch. It should sell a few systems too.

10. Post
    Played an hour or so and it's gorgeous.

Good list of reviews here https://www.reddit.com/r/NintendoSwi...ew_megathread/

11. Post
    For anyone wanting to rush through and unlock all characters as early as possible, here's the trick that's doing the rounds. In this vid he's restarting the game but I watched a stream that mentioned you don't even need to do this - just change the language settings.

I'm in no hurry so playing traditional.

12. Post
    Just watched one review of this. Massive amount of content! and an almost 40 hour long campaign. I'll have to grab this, As the only smash bros game I played was the 64 version.

13. Post
    I've heard 20 - 40 hours of the campaign, and sounds pretty tedious so not overly hype for that.

14. Post
    Plays and looks absolutely gorgeous!! I'm completely trash though. Guess I should read the basic instructions like how to pick items up and use them.. And how to get back onto the bloody platforms! (Think I've been playing too much Brawlhalla)

15. Post
    same dude lol

16. Post
    Are character unlocks random? Or do they come in a set order?

17. Post
    First DLC fighter confirmed today at TGA

18. Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	flkj.JPG 
Views:	45 
Size:	82.1 KB 
ID:	224221

if the courier showed up in the next 10 mins I wouldn't even be mad

19. Post
    It’s good, but they nerfed Falcon so I have no choice but to throw it in the trash and start a mass boycott movement.

20. Post
    Ossu!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20181208_135304.jpg 
Views:	32 
Size:	249.4 KB 
ID:	224223

21. Post
    Really enjoying this both online and offline, though I'm pretty terrible lol. If anyone is keen for some battles one evening it's easy enough to create an online room and password protect it.

22. Post
    This is a really cool idea:

Starting at 07:00 on 14/12, there'll be a three-day event in Super #SmashBrosUltimate, during which certain spirits appear more often on the Spirit Board. Time to nab those spirits you've been missing! Beating them will also earn you extra gold. There'll be a new event weekly!

The theme this time is "A Spectacle to Behold!".
    During this event, characters who wear glasses or sunglasses will be frequenting the Spirit Board. #SmashBrosUltimate
    https://twitter.com/NintendoEurope/s...68888516280320

23. Post
    Can you only unlock certain spirits through spirit board? (Ones you can't unlock in world of light)
    If not I'm not seeing much point in spirit board? But maybe I'm missing something!

24. Post
    Dunno tbh.. i think it's only a rotation of spirits that might help you out if you are blocked in the adventure mode or something. Or you can earn a bunch and feed them to your main spirits if you need to level up.

25. Post
    I bought smash ultimate and the ridley amiibo for my birthday today. What are some good characters to try out for basically a beginner to smash and is it a good idea to just play through the adventure mode before going online?