Page 4 of 4 First 1234

1. Post
    frio wrote:
    I wonder if we could get an NZ Smash Discord together or something and book in some regular nights? Watching streamers, lag seems like a uniquely outsized problem in NZ.
    I'm always up for some Smash. I don't usually use discord or anything but we could use the forum to organise something, either way here or the multiplayer thread.

Setting up a room is easy, we just need numbers them a room name + password. If we are all friends it shows up in the friends rooms list.
    Last edited by Crow#Zero; 30th December 2018 at 9:03 pm.

2. Post
    Keen.

Wil use what ever will help us jam MP anything together.

3. Post
    The easiest way to win spirit battles against Little Mac, seems to be to do nothing until the AI jumps off the stage lol

4. Post
    I've won a few battles where they sorta jumped off but couldn't do the annoying jump dash move and just died. I just can't do any of the smash ultimate moves I've noticed the AI does them to me now if I'm winning just to make the match more tense.

5. Post
    Olimar and Little Mac are broken af for spirit battles. Olimar's Pikmin get double spirit bonus applied to their damage, and for Mac you can stack 3x fist attack supports and then two shot everything.

6. Post
    I picked this up over Xmas and am keen to get in some local arenas if anyone is hosting, pm me

7. Post
    Haven't touched WoL for about a week, having too much fun playing online. Some occasionally laggy matches but overall not bad.

I'll set up a room this arvo / evening if anyone is keen. Add me in the friends list (code in multiplayer thread) so it'll show up under friends rooms.

8. Post
    Do people actually play with spirits?

9. Post
    You mean online? Never tried but there is an option to enable them.

10. Post
    I'd imagine it'd mostly be 3 stock 1v1s with items/stage hazards disabled

11. Post
    Yeah I'm all about battlefield, items disable and 3 stock but also 3 mins up to 4 players for ultimate carnage.

12. Post
    Bt wrote:
    I'd imagine it'd mostly be 3 stock 1v1s with items/stage hazards disabled
    You might imagine. Those are the rules I have been searching for, and have yet to find one of those games.

Albeit a small sample size of 10 or so games since I have been working on WOL (100% completed it tonight), but your rule searches tend to be more of very loose suggestions than actual parameters.

13. Post
    I can't be quite sure but it feels like it just samples through everyone's parameters. I find I get mine for a few, switches to something else, them back to mine (obviously rematching, not leaving).

14. Post
    I've had a bit more success on 1v1 3 stock no items tonight, mostly got the same rules but also randomly got multiplayer matches or timed matches (who the hell plays 1v1 timed matches?) in between.

Having a lot of fun with it even though the online input lag is pretty bad.

15. Post
    Played in a friends Arena last night.

Was pretty fun actually, chatting over dischord. Turns out you can't play more than 4 player online so we always had to have one spectating which wasn't a massive issue given games weren't very long.

16. Post
    I find the most success with 1v1 3-stock 7min -- the time matters too .

17. Post
    Is this with regards to lag?

It was weird we had pretty bad lag last night too even though all from NZ.

18. Post
    Nah, I mean I get the most rules matches with 1v1/3stock/7min. Other time periods net me significantly less 1v1 matches.

19. Post
    I think I just finished World of Light. It showed a short as movie then right back to the title screen with no credits o_0..

20. Post
    WarZoner wrote:
    I think I just finished World of Light. It showed a short as movie then right back to the title screen with no credits o_0..
    WoL has multiple endings, thats the games way of telling you "No not that one, try again." hehe.

21. Post
    Pulley wrote:
    Is this with regards to lag?

It was weird we had pretty bad lag last night too even though all from NZ.
    I've played wi-fi direct switch vs switch against a co-worker and there is lag even on that. Nintendo are unbelievably bad at netcode.