Page 1 of 4 1234 Last

1. Post

Smash!! (Switch)

Name:  smashhype.jpg
Views: 402
Size:  30.2 KB

Finally confirmed for 2018, no release date yet.

2. Post
    Pretty good analysis on the characters in the background. No real surprises so either of the mockups could be legit.

3. Post
    Awesome news. What do we reckon on release date? 3rd quarter?

4. Post
    Gazza-Max wrote:
    Awesome news. What do we reckon on release date? 3rd quarter?
    Yeah most likely though depends on whether Pokemon is actually due this year. I'd say September, Pokemon December if it is still coming in 2018.

5. Post
    Thinking about the roster, and the fact that we are getting smash without next gen Pokemon, Metroid, Fire Emblem etc.. I'm starting to wonder if this is infact a DX entry with extra characters like the Inkings in Mario Kart 8 DX..? Hope not but it almost feels too soon for a new Smash in that regard..
    Last edited by Crow#Zero; 19th March 2018 at 10:03 am.

6. Post
    The last pair of Smashes came together, reportedly, in 2.5 years. We're definitely in a timeline where this could be Smash 5 .

7. Post
    boss baby confirmed as a playable character

8. Post
    Smash will be playable at E3 as part of an invitational tournament

Sounds more complete than a lot of people were expecting!
    Last edited by Crow#Zero; 23rd March 2018 at 9:59 am.

9. Post
    Todays direct

10. Post
    This certainly is turning out to be smash bros ultimate so much is in this game and plenty of fan service. Even if you don't play smash you can use the game's music and the switch as a music player. There is also apparently still more for them to show and there is speculation the hidden mode they didn't show on the menu screen might be some kind of story/adventure mode

11. Post
    SO hyped now

Full Direct here

12. Post
    Anyone else keen for the potted plant? Nintendo trolled us so hard.

13. Post
    nuke737 wrote:
    Anyone else keen for the potted plant? Nintendo trolled us so hard.
    I kinda feel like that was a last minute rush after the 'grinch leaks' to show us something totally new. It won't be available at launch so I do wonder if that's the case. Still not sure how to claim him with a physical preorder, will investigate later. Something about using the gold from the actual purchase via the Switch home screen - but at that stage it's no longer a preorder coz you can only play it on launch. Weird.

14. Post
    TLDR on the spirit stuff?

15. Post
    Crow#Zero wrote:
    I kinda feel like that was a last minute rush after the 'grinch leaks' to show us something totally new. It won't be available at launch so I do wonder if that's the case. Still not sure how to claim him with a physical preorder, will investigate later. Something about using the gold from the actual purchase via the Switch home screen - but at that stage it's no longer a preorder coz you can only play it on launch. Weird.
    Yeah it was wierd but heck, it could be another meme character to flex on unsuspecting friends. What do you think pricing for the season pass is gonna be for us?

16. Post
    World of Light mode looks nice

17. Post
    Kog wrote:
    TLDR on the spirit stuff?
    I think basically they are attributes or stat boosts that can be loaded against your character. I was really hyped when I saw a spirit 'feeding' energy into the character but it doesn't play like that.

edit: good rundown here (hardly tldr tho) https://www.kotaku.com.au/2018/11/su...s-a-whole-lot/

nuke737 wrote:
    What do you think pricing for the season pass is gonna be for us?
    On the nz eshop the pricing is just under $11 for each character / stage / music pack, and game + pass total is about $142 from memory. Not sure about the pass on its own, probably around $50.

I probably won't get the pass at launch as I'm so unfamiliar with most of the starting roster anyway.

I really like the Mii customisation. Wonder if we will get a stage editor? (doubt it at this stage, no biggie)

18. Post
    I think with physical copy they just meant you register it with your MyNintendo account and get the gold coins like you normally would and that is your way of 'claiming' the Piranha Plant with your physical copy.

As for the fighter pass, usually I wouldn't bother. I hate giving companies money for 'future' stuff. Usually I'd just buy it as it was released unless there was a huge discount (which there is not here) but BAH I want that Xenoblade Mii costume and music that they said would come with the pass.

19. Post
    Awesome preview

20. Post
    Smash smash smash

21. Post
    Haven't played one of these before, can someone explain why so much hype? I'm not a huge fan of fighting games as they can get repetitive pretty quickly. What makes this addictive/replayable?

22. Post
    i wont say so much that there is hype as it's likely only to be with current nintendo fans tbh

smash can be a fighting party game when u have items attached but can also be taking pretty seriously as well so its versatile in that sense.

the crazy amount of playable characters (especially in this iteration) and based on previous versions, many stages have transforming parts to it adds to replayability too.

does differ from the usual fighting game concept where you're trying to deal out more damage on the opponent so that they can be hit off the stage rather than having their life points deducted.

that being said im unlikely to get this as i generally lose interest in fighting games in general.

but from what i have seen, Smash Ultimate really does live up to its name in terms of content too.

wish nintendo also released a pre release demo too as they have with other games but oh well.

23. Post
    This is my first Smash game and I'm looking forward to it but I really like fighting games - the whole finding your main, learning their strengths/weaknesses and then playing against other people thing is always fun. I think this is the only 'main' fighting game franchise that I haven't had an opportunity to try due to not owning anything Nintendo..

Only thing that's bit off-putting to me right now are the stages..like some of them look so wild that I don't even know what's happening

24. Post
    I've played smash on 3ds and wii u but this is the first I really feel invested in having been so late to the party. I love the accessibility of the game, but also the passion from the hardcore community. From the very first teaser trailer (I still get goosebumps watching it) I knew this was gonna blow up. As JAFA says there's not a lot of hype around here but reddit is going off.

I just hope that the network is stable enough to take the load and deliver a consistent experience. Nintendo have already recommended we pick up a hard wired network adaptor.

whoooooo to main lol, so many characters I want to try: Pokemon Trainer, Ice Climbers, Ike, Ken, Mewtwo, Mii (can't be used online so probably not) .. and mix / matching the spirits will be fun to experiment with as well.
    Last edited by Crow#Zero; 4th December 2018 at 8:48 am.

25. Post
    I just wanna main King Dedede to inhale goddamn down B Pikachu attacks