Page 3 of 3 First 123
Results 51 to 65 of 65

  1. Post
    #51
    You know twitch exists yea?

  2. Post
    #52
    SirGrim wrote:
    but you could do those things which makes it a sport
    I could get super competitive, swear and throw my racquet around but unfortunately I'm not good enough for people to want to either watch or pay me to do so. Alas, tennis is not a sport.

    - - - Updated - - -

    St4lk3r wrote:
    You know twitch exists yea?
    Who are you talking to?

  3. Post
    #53
    Sorry, Sirgrim

    Which would give an audience and pay thus making 2 of his 3 criteria redundant

  4. Post
    #54
    Ok fine then, nothing is a sport - its just a hobby, lets close this thread

  5. Post
    #55
    SirGrim wrote:
    lets close this thread
    Where's the sport in that?

  6. Post
    #56
    Quasi ELVIS wrote:
    If I play a friendly game of tennis and there's no crowd watching and I'm not getting paid then it wouldn't be a sport by your rules.
    That would be a comedy tbh.

  7. Post
    #57
    Surely you fatties aren't still debating over if sitting in a chair clicking a mouse is a sport or not?

  8. Post
    #58
    Bobs wrote:
    Surely you fatties aren't still debating over if sitting in a chair clicking a mouse is a sport or not?
    you're a sport.

  9. Post
    #59
    Vulcan wrote:
    That would be a comedy tbh.
    Why? I'm better at squash but I'm alright at tennis.

  10. Post
    #60
    Bobs wrote:
    Surely you fatties aren't still debating over if sitting in a chair clicking a mouse is a sport or not?
    I know this is bait but there's a good case to be made that using direct drive racing wheels on sim racing games like iRacing actually requires a fair bit of athleticism


  11. Post
    #61
    BURN_BABY wrote:
    I know this is bait but there's a good case to be made that using direct drive racing wheels on sim racing games like iRacing actually requires a fair bit of athleticism
    I've played with high quality feedback wheels before and I'd have to say not really. Most of the physical effort in racing a car is in keeping yourself steady against all the g-forces rather than just the act of turning the wheel.

  12. Post
    #62
    Shooting is a sport - in that it requires a lot of skill, knowledge and practice to be good at it

    Rugby is a sport for the above reasons

    Being the best in the world at counter-strike isn't because ?

    It's all about being top of performance in a competitive environment where skill and consistency is important. The debate over 'hurr durr' video games isn't a sport - seems to be more around the values of what people see as sport (i.e. healthy versus unhealthy for the body - requiring cardio-vascular athleticism).

    Short-sighted imo.

  13. Post
    #63
    People still think playing video games professionally isn't a sport? Lolwut

    They must be envious that they can't do it.

  14. Post
    #64
    Quasi ELVIS wrote:
    I've played with high quality feedback wheels before and I'd have to say not really. Most of the physical effort in racing a car is in keeping yourself steady against all the g-forces rather than just the act of turning the wheel.
    So have I but unless those high-quality wheels are direct-drive, then it doesn't really matter what you use as the DD wheels can deliver far more torque to the wheel (I think the YT video I posted said about 5 times or so compared to the high-end Fanatecs). Sure, it's not the same physicality as real motorsport but I could easily see a 2 hour race on one requiring at least as much athleticism as say, curling or plenty other Olympic sports.

  15. Post
    #65
    BURN_BABY wrote:
    I could easily see a 2 hour race on one requiring at least as much athleticism as say, curling
    I can't argue with that observation.