Page 2 of 2 First 12

1. Post
    KevinL wrote:
    I had a similar model, it worked fine in near zero Hamilton temperatures - on very very cold mornings it would need to run a defrost cycle though (which doesn't take very long).
    Ahh thanks for the feedback - Wellington tends to be in the 8-13 in winter around my area - i'm pretty deadset on getting this Mitsubishi MJ-E22VX, crossing fingers that it can deal with what Wellington throws at it.

2. Post
    Incidentally for those interested, this was rated highest on consumer https://www.bunnings.co.nz/suki-30l-...heat_p08902085 - it's a decent model but doesn't have the "Photo-catalytic air filter" but has a heater.

It's also $500 cheaper than the mitsubishi one...so pretty tempted to get this instead.

3. Post
    I would second this: http://www.briscoes.co.nz/electrical...difier-1038850

It's astoundingly effective, but you will see it impact your power bill.

4. Post
    latest delonghi here, works a treat

5. Post
    Haisley wrote:
    I want to dehumidify when my family is at home. Which is at night. The breathing, cooking, showers, laundry rack, that comes with more people being there is the problem.

During the day, I ventilate the house.
    That is what we do.

During the power cut we ended up with phlegmy nose and throats, because we could not turn our dehumidifier on over night while we slept, to dry the house out.

We have an old Delonghi, which is now close to 20 years old, and still works well.

6. Post
    Does regular dehumidifier use breed soft people?

7. Post
    Sin^ wrote:
    Does regular dehumidifier use breed soft people?
    trying to breed with a dehumidifier...you risk going blind .
    it might be soft because youve now permanently damaged it with your deranged usage

8. Post
    CMKMStephens wrote:
    I would second this: http://www.briscoes.co.nz/electrical...difier-1038850

It's astoundingly effective, but you will see it impact your power bill.
    Impact as in raise your power bill?

9. Post
    Mitsubishi 16L Dehumidifier MJE16VX is what we use. its effective! can also dry your clothes (closed room) if needed.

isn't too much on power bill if you have it on every now and then!!

10. Post
    ojnab wrote:
    trying to breed with a dehumidifier...you risk going blind .
    it might be soft because youve now permanently damaged it with your deranged usage
    Too much Silicon Valley for you. It just seems that not subjecting yourself to a regular dose of high humidity is going to have its own negatives.

11. Post
    +1 for recommendation of a desiccant dehumidifier.

I have a GD330 (Top model in consumer NZ testing), as new in box, used for 1x season prior to buying our new house. Wellington. $250 pickup. ($550 NEW). http://www.briscoes.co.nz/electrical...difier-1038850

12. Post
    kiwijunglist wrote:
    +1 for recommendation of a desiccant dehumidifier.

I have a GD330 (Top model in consumer NZ testing), as new in box, used for 1x season prior to buying our new house. Wellington. $250 pickup. ($550 NEW). http://www.briscoes.co.nz/electrical...difier-1038850
    Only a 2L tank?

How did you run it? Plumbed into a sink?

13. Post
    I guess our place wasn't wet. If you ran it 24/7 i guess it would require emptying every day.

14. Post
    We have the Mitsubushi MJ-E22VX. Works great. Dries clothes in a closed room. Always surprised how much water it collects.

15. Post

Dehumid with laundry function

My post might be a bit late for the original question, but thought it might help someone later who sees this. So I throw my two cents in, 😊 just as winter begins. ❄

I have a Mitsubishi Oasis dehumidifier( MJ-E22VX-A1) had about 5 years. I really used it full on these past two years as I got fed up with my flat being cold and damp! It is so brilliant I love it. Here are a few good features I like:

Laundry Mode - helps your washing to dry. Goodor really rainy days for those without a drier, or short notice or no outdoor space. So you can either put items on coat-hangers or set up an A-frame laundry rack inside your house. I used to do both, put in my hallway - or somewhere slightly enclosed/ out of the way. Set to Laundry Mode setting and it blasts air in whatever direction you point the luvar air outlet, it pushes out air quite strongly. Yes it does use some power up if you do it a lot, but is a good option if you need items to dry fairly fast or days where the weather is damp and cold outside and nothing will dry. I don't use it now hardly, but found it good in the past when stuck.

I was so fortunate to be given this and wrongly had low expectations. This model surprised me at the options it had. Its so well designed and practical, easy to use, move, empty, maintain and nothing like any clunky others i have used. The 22L tank is easy to see the water level of and very easy to remove and carry and tip out. Clever design and plastic tray under it so not gonna rust! I like that on a cold day the dry air is more pleasant and easier to be in, it can make a room seem warmer just by being drier. So I just committed to pay a tiny bit more on my power for the comfort of no damp soggy air.

Occasionally I move it away or lower the setting as I can feel the air is getting too dry ie. sucking the moisture out of my skin and eyes, haha, just now and then!
    I lived in a basement previously so it was important to not live in as much moisture. Helped also in that we had bathroom and kitchen fans but if you didnt, it should help somewhat with moisture from those areas too (but not cooking smells) .

At night placed it in our 2 bed flat hallway, and leave it on a higher mode during cold nights. We'd leave bedroom doors ajar, I found generally was less cold and not often have crying windows in the morning unlike every day, without it. Always found a few weeks in winter with more wet windows from weather cycle, so we'd wipe it off and once curtains opened and in auto (booster) mode that soon dried up!

In Eady Dehumidifying Mode it automatically uses its temperature and humidity sensors to adjusts itself to balance the variables out as it clears moisture. I like this mode as it often raises temp in the room a little bit and works quickly. But not so great if really cold weather rather than humid weather.

The Humidity Mode you can already see the current level of humidity in your house then can manually set it to be lower than that if you prefer, at one of various levels and it keeps working till that is reached. This is a gentler, quieter mode more a low maintenance.

It has a Mildew Guard option which I am about to try out. It has a cycle for this once a day.

You waste turning it on if you leave windows or doors open as you're just giving it more work to do and not efficient at all. There is a Timer option if you want to use a feature for a short time or go out but not have it on unceasingly.

For ease of use and effectiveness I highly recommend one of these. Yes it is expensive but so worth it. Sometimes there might be a second hand one out there. I got mine when there were very few around. Now I see them in many stores so that shows there is a need and it must be getting more popular! The price has gone up about $150 since I got mine.

Perfect for a standard 2 bed flat. For a 4 plus bed home you could have this as your central one and get an additional cheap one for less used rooms which are further away from main living or sleeping areas.

Happy hunting if you are looking for a high quality, well designed machine, do consider this one or similar Mitsubishi model.

16. Post
    I bought a delonghi 30L Combi. Dang it's noisy! But sucks that moisture hard.