1. Post
    I'll only be using the Netcomm router Slingshot gives me if my Asus AC66U can't handle the Gigabit speed.

I found some settings for the AC68U on another site that should stop that from being a problem though.

2. Post
    Got switched over this morning. I seem to max out around 921-940Mbps.

http://www.speedtest.net/result/7283100857

3. Post
    Yea that's pretty much what you should expect.

I don't think I ever got more than that range nor anyone else I know with it

4. Post
    Vulcan wrote:
    Who uses telco provided routers?
    the vast majority of households probably

- - - Updated - - -

Valeyard wrote:
    Got switched over this morning. I seem to max out around 921-940Mbps.

http://www.speedtest.net/result/7283100857
    thats sweet, whats the plan cost?

5. Post
    Kog wrote:
    the vast majority of households probably

- - - Updated - - -

thats sweet, whats the plan cost?
    $99 a month $115 the first month because of the $15 upgrade fee.

6. Post
    Valeyard wrote:
    How long do plan upgrades on Fibre normally take?
    Depends in part on your RSP.

7. Post
    would like to see nz being progressive and offering 2.5 gigabit. but hey, gigabit isn't too bad at least.

8. Post
    mercutio wrote:
    would like to see nz being progressive and offering 2.5 gigabit. but hey, gigabit isn't too bad at least.
    Problem with that is 99% of people dont have the network infrastructure for such speeds. So unless you've got a lot of users its just going to be wast

9. Post
    make that 99.9999%

i don't really see the point of 2.5/5G ethernet when 10G is ubiquitous. why **** around with a stop gap? all for the sake of PoE and reusing ancient cabling? i don't get it.

10. Post
    We're unlikely to see plans faster than 1G any time soon not because it isn't possible (it is) but because there isn't a need or demand for it.

11. Post
    I Imagine this is isn't a common speed test result to expect to see but damn if it isn't cool.

Last edited by Valeyard; 17th May 2018 at 3:15 pm.

12. Post
    more than 1 gigabit - must be hax!

13. Post
    I tested again and it seems to have gone back down. Strange. Maybe Chorus are testing something? Or just a good server at the right moment?

14. Post
    mercutio wrote:
    Why? 10Gbps GPON was already being tested up north last year.It's on the cards for a 2020 rollout iirc. I know someone who was getting 8.9Gbps download speeds off it.

15. Post

Wonder what they are doing. I already have a gigabit plan and canít fault it really. Anyone else get this?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

16. Post
    Maybe some network optimsation? They mention its designed to make it go faster. Maybe ask over @ the slingshot forum on Geekzone. I also have Gigabit with slingshot but haven't received that email.

17. Post
    I don't have that email either.

I just got hooked up to Gigabit with them last Wednesday (new fibre install). Haven't been able to get over 200Mbps down and about 370Mbps up so far on a wired connection (most of the time it is under 150Mbps).

Their NF18 router is flaky also (they know that and are working on it with Netcomm). They wiped my first bill at least.

18. Post
    HELL KNIGHT wrote:
    I don't have that email either.

I just got hooked up to Gigabit with them last Wednesday (new fibre install). Haven't been able to get over 200Mbps down and about 370Mbps up so far on a wired connection (most of the time it is under 150Mbps).

Their NF18 router is flaky also (they know that and are working on it with Netcomm). They wiped my first bill at least.
    Never trust an ISP provided router. I kept mine as they won't troubleshoot issues if you don't have it plugged in. But am using a Unifi Secure Gateway and can speedtest at 900/450 fairly consistently. Can max the connection out too with locally cached things like steam + uplay

19. Post
    I don't. I've never even had an ISP one before and only used it for the initial setup, as it is preconfigured - because as you know they don't support third party routers.

I have my Asus one plugged in now and the speeds are no better, and I've seen other people with this router on Slingshot pull the expected speeds.

I'm also on a crappy old backup PC with a very slow mechanical drive that isn't even able to even write at the speed the connection should be doing. So I'll wait till I build my new PC (when insurance company pays me out) before escalating it to their tier two support.

20. Post
    Mada wrote:
    Wonder what they are doing.
    Possibly moving your line from one handover to another, to alleviate potential congestion.

HELL KNIGHT wrote:
    So I'll wait till I build my new PC (when insurance company pays me out) before escalating it to their tier two support.
    9 times out of 10 gigabit speed troubles are caused by CPE.

21. Post
    Is a 900/450 fibre plan with landline, free national calling and free calling to 10 International countries for $86 / month A good deal ?? I
    couldn't find a better deal.

22. Post

23. Post
    Yeah I do along with the international calling. Looks like the same deal but with the extras I need.

24. Post
    So Slingshot is decent?
    Our Vodafone VDSL contract is out so we're looking to upgrade to fibre now it's here.
    They have a 50% off for 6 months from broadbandcompare.co.nz that seems like the cheapest gigabit plan.
    Anything else I should be looking at?

25. Post
    robrc12 wrote:
    Yeah I do along with the international calling. Looks like the same deal but with the extras I need.
    Get VOIP from someone like 2talk, it's cheap and far more portable.