Results 26 to 50 of 52

  1. Post
    #26
    Dre wrote:
    I want to hear more on Quasi leaving cars on peoples lawns?

    Sent from my MI 5 using Tapatalk
    Internet party in Manurewa, burnouts in V8 soarer. Something broke, maybe a tyre.

  2. Post
    #27
    New question: How do you guys view accompanying a test driver? The couple who drove it yesterday expected to take it out without me. I understand wanting to drive without any pressure from a seller, so I don't see an issue. I just phog'd his driver license. They came back after 20 minutes and the DTE had dropped by 50km. Obviously they've thrashed the ass off it. Disappointing outcome. I'll be accompanying people from now on. Can't wait until this thing sells.

  3. Post
    #28
    It is what it is. I expect a test driver to give the car a good workout, wouldn't you do the same?

    I have taken people out in my cars before and shown them how hard they go, then given them their turn, this seems to work well for me.

    I'd probably just use my judgment at the time though. If it looks like a couple of drongos, then I would probably accompany. If it's a sane looking couple then probably not.

  4. Post
    #29
    There is no way I am going to let anyone test drive a car without me.

    Risk of theft, or cockwomble driving antics is far too high.

  5. Post
    #30
    Depends on the car I'm selling. The gtb no way I'd let someone go by themselves. The golf etc I let them take it onto town and get a check etc and we live 20 minutes away.

  6. Post
    #31
    I haven't test driven a car I was thinking about buying without a bit of sustained WOT and brake slams. In saying that I would also ask if I could give it a bit of stick. If they said no I'd probably walk away thinking the car had something to hide. Accompany but don't restrict spirited driving imo.

  7. Post
    #32
    Always accompanied test drives. Even had to take over driving in one case as they couldn't drive manual well at all... They still purchased it though. After dealing with some idiots I resorted to just under cutting other cars on the market to reduce hassles. Usually sell to first person to view that way.

  8. Post
    #33
    OK, it is a performance wagon (of sorts) so I'll accompany and recommend they give it some gas to get a feel for it

  9. Post
    #34
    capriv8 wrote:
    New question: How do you guys view accompanying a test driver? The couple who drove it yesterday expected to take it out without me. I understand wanting to drive without any pressure from a seller, so I don't see an issue. I just phog'd his driver license. They came back after 20 minutes and the DTE had dropped by 50km. Obviously they've thrashed the ass off it. Disappointing outcome. I'll be accompanying people from now on. Can't wait until this thing sells.
    If the vehicle is insured, I couldn't careless if I'm in the vehicle or not as the outcome will be the same - I'll be rid of the vehicle and I'll end up with money in my pocket. However if it isn't insured, and it's a high theft vehicle, I'm in the passengers seat BEFORE they get given the keys to drive it.

    If it is some $1000 shitter, then go nuts without me.

    Also, I expect the cars to be thrashed to shit during a test drive because if it can't handle a thrashing, I'd expect them to walk away from the car. I'd do the exact same when buying. The last car I purchased to keep was a SR20DET Avenir - I put my foot down and thrashed the tits out of it with the seller in the passengers seat. The seller wasn't happy but I told him that if it can't handle it, and it blows up, well, then it wasn't as reliable as he said. All cars should be able to take a hiding every once and awhile.

    In the end, I purchased the car right then and there.
    capriv8 wrote:
    OK, it is a performance wagon (of sorts) so I'll accompany and recommend they give it some gas to get a feel for it
    It's really not.

  10. Post
    #35
    Gos gud 4 wat it is

  11. Post
    #36
    capriv8 wrote:
    Gos gud 4 wat it is
    Doesn't make it a "performance car".

  12. Post
    #37
    Sell it during skiing/snow boarding season.

  13. Post
    #38
    I don't care Linx.

    Dropping the price seems to have helped. Should have a few looking at it this week and its going for an AA inspection on Wednesday. Cheers all

  14. Post
    #39
    Linx wrote:
    If the vehicle is insured, I couldn't careless if I'm in the vehicle or not as the outcome will be the same - I'll be rid of the vehicle and I'll end up with money in my pocket. However if it isn't insured, and it's a high theft vehicle, I'm in the passengers seat BEFORE they get given the keys to drive it.
    The problem with that is if the driver does anything truly boneheaded then your insurance isn't going to cover it. Nor would you be covered if they took off with the car.

  15. Post
    #40
    capriv8 wrote:
    I don't care Linx.

    Dropping the price seems to have helped. Should have a few looking at it this week and its going for an AA inspection on Wednesday. Cheers all
    You had 7 watchers last week now you have a bunch more. Hopefully you offload it coming into winter, I literally almost bought an 06 3.0r last week but khs put me off.

  16. Post
    #41
    Never been on a test drive except when someone wanted me to come. Most of cars ive sold don't tend to attract dipshits and weren't worth more than 5k.

  17. Post
    #42
    Disinfo wrote:
    The problem with that is if the driver does anything truly boneheaded then your insurance isn't going to cover it. Nor would you be covered if they took off with the car.
    I've checked with my insurer and I'm covered?

  18. Post
    #43
    Standard car policy? Out of interest.

  19. Post
    #44
    capriv8 wrote:
    New question: How do you guys view accompanying a test driver? The couple who drove it yesterday expected to take it out without me. I understand wanting to drive without any pressure from a seller, so I don't see an issue. I just phog'd his driver license. They came back after 20 minutes and the DTE had dropped by 50km. Obviously they've thrashed the ass off it. Disappointing outcome. I'll be accompanying people from now on. Can't wait until this thing sells.
    "its not insured for you to drive it, but I'll take you for a drive." can be used if you get the impression they're dodgey

  20. Post
    #45
    Linx wrote:
    I've checked with my insurer and I'm covered?
    Every car policy i have had, no matter the company it was from, has always had a named driver clause. If someone test driving it stole or crashed the car my excess would be huge.

  21. Post
    #46
    Fragluton wrote:
    Standard car policy? Out of interest.
    Yes.

  22. Post
    #47
    Unsettled wrote:
    "its not insured for you to drive it, but I'll take you for a drive." can be used if you get the impression they're dodgey
    I like that

  23. Post
    #48
    Random thought, but is there a Turners in Christchurch you could list it through? It might broaden the amount of people that 'could' buy the car if it's available in another location. The cost of gas to get it there could outweigh the drop in prices. ??maybe??

  24. Post
    #49
    I don't know if this is still current and correct an estimation of the buyers market at Turner's... buuuuuut, from what I've seen there when I've been to any of their auctions, but little red hatchbacks of the common variety go for decent money.

    Pretty much everything else of the cars that I've seen (I haven't been to a van / commercial auction) go for well under market rate, where they even reach reserve.

    Also, I think your listing cost are right up there given that Trademe gets a far higher "page view" count.

  25. Post
    #50
    I'll have to stick with Trademe for the time being. I've been fielding calls from all over NZ. Auckland, Christchurch, Tauranga, Alexandra, Queenstown. I do think the relocation costs are a bit prohibitive for some people, but now that I've dropped the price so much, I would need to raise it again to cover the costs of sending the car away from Nelson to sell.

    I had a very promising looking week initially... but AA inspection booked, then cancelled at last minute because they found another car locally. A test drive this weekend that wanted a mechanics report - provided that, then silence (despite no issues). A few enquiries around the car's cosmetic condition and a lowball offer that was $500 less than a local car yard offered. It's pretty demoralising stuff.

    I'll give the market a few weeks then relist with better photos and a fresh description of the car. I've learned a bit about realistic pricing since the car first went up, so am confident that next time around I can get a sale to take place.