1. Post

Posts in this thread appear as comments on the following Gameplanet article:

Read article...

2. Post
    In related matters, what games do you think deserve to have a little extra light shone on them? Or perhaps slipped under the radar, or have been unjustly forgotten over time?

3. Post
    Been meaning to pick this one up, good writeup!

4. Post
    Not really into this kind of game, but i think these kinds of "GP Recommends" features are a cool idea.

5. Post
    Fantastic game. A great throwback to the 90s point and click genre.

6. Post
    ChrisB wrote:
    In related matters, what games do you think deserve to have a little extra light shone on them? Or perhaps slipped under the radar, or have been unjustly forgotten over time?
    I think you should go back and re-review Mass Effect Andromeda

7. Post
    brand wrote:
    I think you should go back and re-review Mass Effect Andromeda
    I tried to go back and replay it late last year. Thing is a liked it even less then. A re-review would likely be savage. Not as savage as a re-review of Fallout 4 would be though.

8. Post
    ChrisB wrote:
    Deus Ex: Mankind Divided was a criminally over-looked game.

9. Post
    I think my fondest memories will be well covered. Things like Rise of the Triad, Hexen, Dune 2 and MechWarrior 2.

10. Post
    Caffeine wrote:
    I think my fondest memories will be well covered. Things like Rise of the Triad, Hexen, Dune 2 and MechWarrior 2.
    I know its not what you're referring to, but maybe its time I looked at the Triad remake from a few years ago. I remember liking it, but I dont think I played it for long.

@Eva, I doubt I will revisit DXHR anytime soon. I reviewed it, and dont feel all that motivated to revisit it tbqh. Also for me at least I am looking at games GP has not covered previously, or potentially ones where the GP official score differs from my opinion.

One thing I may look at is Shadow of War in June when all the changes are complete. Had I reviewed it, it would not have been a positive review based on the feedback I got from my flatmate.

11. Post
    This just arrived at work for me. Which makes it my 3rd Thimbleweed Park Purchase (Kickstarter, Switch, and Fangamer Big Box).

If you're interested here is the link to the Thimbleweed Park Collector's Edition Page

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20180424_110908.jpg 
Views:	75 
Size:	931.1 KB 
ID:	221669 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20180424_110924.jpg 
Views:	76 
Size:	996.8 KB 
ID:	221670
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20180424_111104.jpg 
Views:	78 
Size:	216.9 KB 
ID:	221671

12. Post
    Not for nothing but back in the day this was standard stuff for retail games -it makes me a little sad...

P.S. What is on the floppy disk?

13. Post
    I feel that pain. I collect Big Box PC games, but at least this will sit nicely with my LucasArts collection. On the plus side its $40USD which is perfectly reasonable imo.

No idea what's on the disc. No details given, and no drive to check it.

14. Post
    Child of Light
    Rayman Origins
    Oxenfree
    Everyone Has Gone to the Rapture

I can't convince any of my mates to give these a go. Not blood thirsty enough for them.

15. Post
    Just finished Deponia Doomsday, which is a hilariously nonsensical loop of a journey that's pretty firmly a tongue in cheek big ol' slap in the face for anyone who whined about the downer ending in goodbye. Entire series is worth a look if you're into a more monkey island style "arbitrary-ish" puzzle solutions

16. Post
    Feliz wrote:
    Just finished Deponia Doomsday, which is a hilariously nonsensical loop of a journey that's pretty firmly a tongue in cheek big ol' slap in the face for anyone who whined about the downer ending in goodbye. Entire series is worth a look if you're into a more monkey island style "arbitrary-ish" puzzle solutions
    I liked the first 3 Deponia games, but I've not played that one yet. It's on the list, but its a really long list.

17. Post
    ChrisB wrote:
    No idea what's on the disc. No details given, and no drive to check it.
    *Disk

You can probably get a USB external floppy drive but would Windows 10 even have driver support for it?
    EDIT: The answer is yes.

18. Post
    Don't see much chance of me picking up an external 3.5inch floppy drive at this advanced juncture of my life.
    Apparently the disk (fighting back the muscle memory wanting to push that c key) has character sprites and background art.

19. Post
    Hollow Knight!!!!!!!!

great game and cheap, on sale on Steam https://store.steampowered.com/app/3...Hollow_Knight/

its also on Switch

20. Post
    ah yes the adventure games of old, still remember old sierra games where if you got stuck you could write them a letter (yes it would take weeks!) and they would write back to you with hints, found a couple of them for colonels bequest and manhunter the other day....great times