1. Post
    ludez wrote:
    What tv could even make use of 120fps?Arent 99% of tvs 60hz
    There are some 120hz TVs for sale since 12 months ago (for example most LG TVs and quite a few Samsung's TVs are now 120hz) and the amount of them for sale is rapidly improving even down the stack to low end models. It's won't be long until even Veon is selling them.

But also some people actually plug their consoles into gaming monitors which go up 360hz
    Last edited by SirGrim; 22nd February 2020 at 8:20 am.

2. Post
    ludez wrote:
    What tv could even make use of 120fps?Arent 99% of tvs 60hz
    The sony x9000E series and onwards can do 1080p @120hz. Most mid to high ends tvs this year can do [email protected]

3. Post
    Black Plague*** wrote:
    I kinda can, still got a huge PS4 backlog lol
    So do I, but love the hype around a new gen.

4. Post
    jords wrote:
    So do I, but love the hype around a new gen.
    Yeah mate, me too

5. Post
    3dfx_ownd_joo wrote:
    The sony x9000E series and onwards can do 1080p @120hz. Most mid to high ends tvs this year can do [email protected]
    Im a noob when it comes to tvs, so say my panasonic has 100hz can it actually display 100hz? Or is it marketing nonsense

6. Post
    ludez wrote:
    Im a noob when it comes to tvs, so say my panasonic has 100hz can it actually display 100hz? Or is it marketing nonsense
    Hook it up to your pc and see if there is a 100hz option in the resolution settings, if not then no.

Or hook it up to your Xbox one x, that console has a high refresh mode, if it's not available then your th doesn't support it

In the past it was general expected manufacturers would lie about refresh rates and to find the actual number you'd have to cut it in half - that's why we had TVs marketed as 200hz and other such nonsense, I suspect it's related to having black frame insertion.

7. Post
    It was related to frame interpolation. It won't be compatible with anything over 60Hz unless it's super new.

8. Post
    E3 still going a head for now. But the ESA are "monitoring and evaluating the situation daily.” If E3 is cancelled how screwed are Sony and MS? Jason Schreier speculates that companies will start doing digital events instead.

https://twitter.com/jasonschreier/st...8275587534855?
    https://www.ign.com/articles/e3-plan...r-coronavirus?

9. Post
    Valeyard wrote:
    E3 still going a head for now. But the ESA are "monitoring and evaluating the situation daily.” If E3 is cancelled how screwed are Sony and MS? Jason Schreier speculates that companies will start doing digital events instead.

https://twitter.com/jasonschreier/st...8275587534855?
    https://www.ign.com/articles/e3-plan...r-coronavirus?
    Sony wasn't going to E3 anyway, only Microsoft cares about E3

Sony has it's own events and has digital platforms for events, it's no issue for Sony to have it's own Digital live streamed event.

10. Post
    Yeah, Sony hasn't cared for E3 for some time now, won't affect them at all.

11. Post
    Sony's PlayStation 5 delayed to March 2021

How long before we're hit with this distressing headline due to covid19?

And apologies to anyone spitting out a gob of cornflakes over their shiny new S20's its my main concern with covid19.

12. Post
    GeneralZod wrote:

And apologies to anyone spitting out a gob of cornflakes over their shiny new S20's its my main concern with covid19.
    dont post fake news.

Yesterday in an interview AMD said "despite rumors, dont worry the PS5 WILL be launching in 2020"

13. Post
    GeneralZod wrote:

You scared me for a second lol but tbh the radio silence is starting to get somewhat concerning. I'm sure theres a logical explanation like theyre waiting for last of us 2 and ghost of tsushima to come out.

14. Post
    SirGrim wrote:
    dont post fake news.

Yesterday in an interview AMD said "despite rumors, dont worry the PS5 WILL be launching in 2020"
    AMD really!! Great. All I needed to know can sleep easy.

15. Post
    Martha is Dead developer on the PS5

Speaking in the latest issue of Official PlayStation Magazine UK, studio head, Luca Dalco had this to say:

PS5’s specifications are incredibly exciting – particularly for us is the additional graphical power and inclusion of ray-tracing architecture. Our studio has come a long way over four years and Martha Is Dead will strive for photorealism. We’re excited to see the next-generation hardware incoming to support us bringing our vision to players.

Texels

We worked a lot in order to use the highest-resolution textures as possible also on PS4; nonetheless, PS5 will allow us to use an incredible Texel density, up to 4096px/m – that means the visual will be fully detailed also in higher resolutions. It’s one of the most important advances in visual capacity that we were waiting for.

SSD

Dalco also touched base on the PS5’s SSD, adding: “High-quality assets are naturally larger in size so will benefit from the faster loads times.”

Ray tracing

The topic also shifted to ray-tracing, which Dalco described as an “incredible technology for independent studios, allowing games to reach new levels of realism without the need for huge teams.”

16. Post
    *RUMOUR* Bluepoint Games to announce "Tenchu Collection" on March 9th, 10 A.M PST. Coming Q4 2020 exclusively to PS5.

This is a launch title for the PS5 that is releasing this November. It is a remake of the first 3 titles in the Tenchu series. Bluepoint to announce this with a trailer on Wednesday, March 9th.

So this was their next project? I'm ok with this.

17. Post
    More RUMOUR. Excerpt from a post linking to a post of another post.

Sony is releasing 2 PS models. The base PS5 is 9TFLOPs . Their other one is also top of the line to compete with XSX top dog. This all makes sense now as to why people are getting mixed numbers for each of the platforms. I also heard that the top of the line models will be expensive. No pricing but I would guess around $600.

Could make sense the casuals will get the cheaper version because, and we hard nuts the bells and whistles.

18. Post
    GeneralZod wrote:
    More RUMOUR. Excerpt from a post linking to a post of another post.

Sony is releasing 2 PS models. The base PS5 is 9TFLOPs . Their other one is also top of the line to compete with XSX top dog. This all makes sense now as to why people are getting mixed numbers for each of the platforms. I also heard that the top of the line models will be expensive. No pricing but I would guess around $600.

Could make sense the casuals will get the cheaper version because, and we hard nuts the bells and whistles.
    gonna need 9 new jobs and win a massive lotto payout at this rate...

19. Post
    You've got roughly 35 weeks until the PS5 launches, let's imagine it's $750 NZD (just to be safe), you need to put away $21.43 a week. Not too bad.

20. Post
    Thats what i did, pre order save each week and wham!

21. Post
    3dfx_ownd_joo wrote:
    You've got roughly 35 weeks until the PS5 launches, let's imagine it's $750 NZD (just to be safe), you need to put away $21.43 a week. Not too bad.
    I'd day it's going to be significantly more then that.

22. Post
    3dfx_ownd_joo wrote:
    21.43!?? But how will I buy my $2000 iPhone and daily avo on toast!

Clearly gaming is too expensive! *goes back to sipping on $6 flat white*

23. Post
    ludez wrote:
    I'd day it's going to be significantly more then that.
    Yeah, maybe for the "Pro" SKU, I assume the standard may even be cheaper, that's assuming the 2 SKU thing is legit.

24. Post
    Sounds like E3 is canned, not that Sony cared haha

25. Post
    Yea 4 years ago this would be huge but now. Nothing. Nada.