1. Post
    Ins0mn1ac wrote:
    Whats the point of preordering when its still over a year away?
    Let them YOLO if they want to haha. I won't pre-order until we're 1 month from launch

2. Post
    I'm in two minds. One, I usually wait until a year after launch, so most of the bugs are ironed out, but also two, the FOMO is real.

3. Post
    Black Plague*** wrote:
    I'm in two minds. One, I usually wait until a year after launch, so most of the bugs are ironed out, but also two, the FOMO is real.
    Software bugs, hardware issues and lack of quality exclusives - just some of the joys for early adopting ;P

4. Post
    I'll grab this on launch day. As I'll be ditching MS when this releases.

5. Post
    The PS4 didn't really get going until 2016/2017. Remember the indie station meme that was going around the first couple of years? But because Sony has earned that brand trust through the PS4 a Playstation will always be in my living room. Microsoft on the other hand are ending this generation on a whimper. I have a One X along side my PS4 Pro. I am in no rush to get Scarlet. I will play Halo Infinite on the One X or my PC but will get the PS5 at launch.

6. Post
    Black Plague*** wrote:
    Yeah same I've never bought a console day 1 and usually get it at least a year later as well. The PS5 does sound really awesome so far so it might be the first time I get one on launch. All depends on that launch lineup though.

7. Post
    Ins0mn1ac wrote:
    Yeah same I've never bought a console day 1 and usually get it at least a year later as well. The PS5 does sound really awesome so far so it might be the first time I get one on launch. All depends on that launch lineup though.
    If they release a PS5 Pro at the same time, then I could be swayed, at least that's the rumour

8. Post
    I bought a Xbox 360 on day one - it overheated and died 2 days later

I bought a PS4 pro on day one - now I'm stuck with a console that has a whining noisey fan

There are usually teething issues like this if you buy early

9. Post
    SirGrim wrote:
    I bought a Xbox 360 on day one - it overheated and died 2 days later

I bought a PS4 pro on day one - now I'm stuck with a console that has a whining noisey fan

There are usually teething issues like this if you buy early
    just crank up the sound on the tv to mask the fan lol I've noticed when games are playing the fan goes pretty full on but with stuff like Netflix etc.. it goes back to quiet mode.

10. Post
    Valeyard wrote:
    The PS4 didn't really get going until 2016/2017. Remember the indie station meme that was going around the first couple of years? But because Sony has earned that brand trust through the PS4 a Playstation will always be in my living room. Microsoft on the other hand are ending this generation on a whimper. I have a One X along side my PS4 Pro. I am in no rush to get Scarlet. I will play Halo Infinite on the One X or my PC but will get the PS5 at launch.
    Game Pass is swaying things in Microsofts direction first for me next gen. I doubt very much we'll see MS drop the ball when it comes to matching Sony on console power next generation, so it really comes down to the games and while I like Sony and their exclusives more than Microsofts they're mostly all single player so it doesn't really matter if I play them day one or 3 years after they launch I'll still get the same experience.

But really it's Game Pass, if MS keep up the same standard next gen that they've had this gen then how could anyone pass it up? We just got World War Z and Yooka-Laylee today to go with Dishonored 2 and Dirt Rally 2.0 from last week plus we've got Outer Worlds arriving in a couple of weeks, I don't know how they manage to give us all these games for such a cheap price, and I don't care as long as they never stop lol

11. Post
    Ins0mn1ac wrote:
    Whats the point of preordering when its still over a year away?
    Because there's no doubt that I'll be buying one and I'll gladly just get that shit locked in so I'm at the front of the queue.

- - - Updated - - -

SirGrim wrote:
    Let them YOLO if they want to haha. I won't pre-order until we're 1 month from launch
    Good luck with that.

Was working for NL when the PS4 dropped, all the stock received was allocated long before a month from launch.

12. Post
    Mhm how far ahead then? If I have to pre-order earlier I will. I'd prefer not to too, but I will to get it day one.

13. Post
    SirGrim wrote:
    Mhm how far ahead then? If I have to pre-order earlier I will. I'd prefer not to too, but I will to get it day one.
    Ages ago so my memory isn't perfect on it but I think it ended up being something like everyone who had preorderd prior to July were in the safe zone and got them and from there most were out of luck. Probably off on the month but it was definitely long before a month in advance.

Obviously depends on how much stock retailers end up getting. We really didn't get that many.

You won't need to make the full payment anyway just a deposit hence I'll jump on as soon as I see them available.

Probably not from NL knowing what a ****ing circus it was there behind the scenes with that one and how many people were disappointed. I don't trust them to not **** it up haha. Fortunately I knew someone in store who made sure mine was securely hidden away so nothing happened to it this after it looked like they bungled the allocation for my preorder as well.

14. Post
    Will Mightyape asap!

15. Post
    Just checked my preorder was 9/9/13 from the Warehouse and remember getting into the 1st shipment list. Got it day one no hassles. Not sure if NL and Warehouse have the same distribution chain so was lucky not to be one of the disappointed ones.
    I'm picking the warehouse to have the best price again they sold the launch ps4 for 649, and will be very happy if that's the price point again.

16. Post
    Mightyape is saying they can "confirm" they'll be able to deliver PS5 units to customers before Christmas Day 2020.
    They put up a PS5 section in the website and you can join the mailing list to get first in line when pre orders go up

17. Post
    I'll prolly have to put down a preorder sometime soonish not to sure where as I kinda want to do a trade in deal if EB games still does those. Saves me from having to do the trademe thing.

18. Post
    SirGrim wrote:
    Mightyape is saying they can "confirm" they'll be able to deliver PS5 units to customers before Christmas Day 2020.
    They put up a PS5 section in the website and you can join the mailing list to get first in line when pre orders go up
    I'm guessing pre orders wont go live until the official reveal event. Either a playstation meeting early next year or E3.

19. Post
    Can't see section on website

20. Post
    jords wrote:
    Maybe they need to update the front end - I accessed it through a link on their Facebook page

21. Post
    jords wrote:
    Doesn't matter there's nothing there anyway. its blank.

22. Post
    First PS5 enhanced PS4 game confirmed to be Marvel Avengers.

This is a PS4 game, but the developer says it will run on the PS5 AND they will be providing a patch that makes the game run even better on the PS5 by using it's better performance.

23. Post
    SirGrim wrote:
    First PS5 enhanced PS4 game confirmed to be Marvel Avengers.

This is a PS4 game, but the developer says it will run on the PS5 AND they will be providing a patch that makes the game run even better on the PS5 by using it's better performance.

so it sounds like theyre going to use a similar system to the 1x for enhancements.

24. Post
    Worth changing the title of this thread now that it's been confirmed for Holiday 2020?

25. Post
    Black Plague*** wrote:
    Worth changing the title of this thread now that it's been confirmed for Holiday 2020?
    Good luck with that. The PS4 thread has been titled "Next gen PlayStation" for 6ish years now. \_(ツ)_/