1. Post
    Happy to have this sitting under my telly end of year. Concept art based on dev kit.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	m8uRUsNcZi7NVxCq5dWojW-1024-80.jpg 
Views:	118 
Size:	25.0 KB 
ID:	228032

2. Post
    Damn that looks nice.

3. Post
    Not really too fussed what it looks like tbh, as long as it plays games

4. Post
    Black Plague*** wrote:
    Not really too fussed what it looks like tbh, as long as it plays games
    Same as long as it doesn't look like a huge VCR like the the OG Xbone lol

5. Post
    Ins0mn1ac wrote:
    Same as long as it doesn't look like a huge VCR like the the OG Xbone lol
    lol yeah, I'll give you that. I've got the S, it's not too bad.

6. Post

7. Post
    GeneralZod wrote:
    Happy to have this sitting under my telly end of year. Concept art based on dev kit.

Way over engineered. It looks nice, but the bean counters would never approve it.
    Just we see these awesome "concept cars" and then on release the real deal looks nothing like it.

8. Post
    God of War director drops twitter bombshell - announces that Sony will unveil the PS5 in under 4 weeks from today

https://wccftech.com/ps5-reveal-less...s-david-jaffe/

9. Post
    SirGrim wrote:
    God of War director drops twitter bombshell - announces that Sony will unveil the PS5 in under 4 weeks from today

https://wccftech.com/ps5-reveal-less...s-david-jaffe/
    Dats not Cory Barlog...

10. Post
    GeneralZod wrote:
    Sony’s Experience PlayStation event is on now at its Sony Square NYC store until Feb 16. Might end with some PS5 reveal???
    Good call.

11. Post
    BURN_BABY wrote:
    Good call.
    LOL, didn't even see that post

12. Post
    GeneralZod wrote:

Made in Dreams

13. Post
    BURN_BABY wrote:
    Good call.
    Yea same place they did the PS4 reveal many many years ago. I was there!!! Following it on the net

Name:	20130201_ps4_orbis_playstation_meeting_2013.jpg 
Views:	14 
Size:	35.3 KB 
ID:	228047

14. Post

15. Post
    Demons Souls! Remake! As a launch title! That would be one hell of a sexy grain of salt.

And looks like the controller will be called.... Dualshock 5. And be backwards compatible with the ps4 and DS4 forwards compatible with the ps5.
    Sony are being accommodating. So BC a certainty.

16. Post
    I'm calling full BS.

I really want to believe it, but there are real crack up stuff in there.

Like Gran Turismo 1 from PS1 being re-launched to run at 120fps and have Ray Tracing on the PS5... wtf?
    Not to mention it says the entire PS1, PS2 and PS3 library will be able to purchase and play from the PSN store on Day 1.

Like PSP and PS Vita running on the PS5

Like having to many AAA titles launching on Day 1 of the PS5 with a small install base at the time.

17. Post
    SirGrim wrote:
    I'm calling full BS.

Like Gran Turismo 1 from PS1 being re-launched to run at 120fps and have Ray Tracing on the PS5... wtf?
    Not to mention it says the entire PS1, PS2 and PS3 library will be able to purchase and play from the PSN store on Day 1.

Like having to many AAA titles launching on Day 1 of the PS5 with a small install base at the time.
    All the PlayStation library being downloadable has been heavily rumoured also by people who have leaked correctly in the past, but who knows.

18. Post
    SirGrim wrote:
    I'm calling full BS.

Add to that the incompetence of them releasing the Playstation Classic as an ARM device using the still in development PCSX-ReARMed instead of using either their own PS1 emulator that they used for the PSP, which worked far better, or making it a low-powered NUC with Mednafen, which is faster with better comparability and accuracy. They couldn't even make a proper ps1 emulation device, let alone a PS2, 3 or 4 one.

Also, no publicly available PS3 or Playstation Vita emulator runs games well enough yet so they'd have to invest a ton of money to roll their own. Which again with the Playstation classic, they've shown that they don't want to do that.

19. Post
    Yeah sceptisim is very high right now, ps3 is barely emulateable on the pc cant imagine sony being able to ull that off themselves.

20. Post
    I'd guess the PS4 games would work on the PS5. Anything else I doubt it.

21. Post
    WarZoner wrote:
    I'd guess the PS4 games would work on the PS5. Anything else I doubt it.
    PS4 games will run with little effort at all. PS1 and PS2 require emulation, which is not complicated to do anymore. PS3 also requires emulation, but it's tricky to do and requires a bunch of testing and coding updates for each game - so to say that the entire catalogue of PS3 games will work on the PS5 at launch is mind boggling, that's why it's probably fake.

ludez wrote:
    Yeah sceptisim is very high right now, ps3 is barely emulateable on the pc cant imagine sony being able to ull that off themselves.
    PS3 games can actually run very well on a PC even on not the best system, to get there requires the emulator developers to test and release performance updates (this isn't changing the game, they are just making the emulator run more efficient for a particular game's code). I've been playing Skate 3 over the last year or two on a PS3 emulator - when the game first was able to boot up, the performance was atrocious - we're talking like 1 to 5 frames per second at 720p on a high end PC - my PC had not changed during this time, yet Skate 3 now runs at 4k 60fps without a hitch - simply from updates to the emulator. And it took a small team of people working on this for over a year to get the performance to where it needs to be. And this rumor expects us to believe every PS3 game can be emulated perfectly on day 1 for the PS5 - Sony must have had hundreds of software developers working day and night on their internal emulator...

22. Post
    ^It depends on the game though, there's still 1500+ titles according to their progress report that they don't even consider playable. Playable titles certainly shot up quite a bit recently though, but that's because this emulator has been in development since 2013 and everything has only just came together in the last couple of years. https://rpcs3.net/blog/2019/12/25/pr...eptember-2019/

Also, PCSX2 has 4 titles that still don't boot at all and around ~80 that aren't playable, and that's been going for 18 years!

23. Post
    PS5 devkit OS UI, also revealed is the PS5 uses 1TB of storage

Name:	9uvmaepblsb41.jpg 
Views:	31 
Size:	590.4 KB 
ID:	228057

24. Post
    What we have to look forward too....

1.) The PS5 will be revealed at a PlayStation Meeting event for the press/media on February 5, 2020.

2.) The PlayStation Meeting will be held at Sony Hall in New York City.

3.) At the PlayStation Meeting the console’s design, controller, UI/home screen, specs and features will be revealed.

4.) The PlayStation 5 will be backwards compatible with all PS4 games.

5.) The PS5 will release, worldwide, in October 2020.

6.) The Sony PS5 will cost $499 USD / 449 UK / €449 EU / 54,999 JP.

7.) PlayStation 5 specs will be almost on par with Xbox Series X, which will cost $100 more at launch.

8.) Pre-orders for the PS5 will go live after the event on February 5.

9.) Gran Turismo 7, MLB The Show 21, Demon Souls Remastered, Godfall and Legendz are some of the PS5’s launch titles.

10.) The PlayStation 5’s new slogan, as well as for the brand as a whole, is “IT’S TIME TO PLAY.”

25. Post
    GeneralZod wrote:
    What we have to look forward too....

1.) The PS5 will be revealed at a PlayStation Meeting event for the press/media on February 5, 2020.

2.) The PlayStation Meeting will be held at Sony Hall in New York City.

3.) At the PlayStation Meeting the console’s design, controller, UI/home screen, specs and features will be revealed.

4.) The PlayStation 5 will be backwards compatible with all PS4 games.

5.) The PS5 will release, worldwide, in October 2020.

6.) The Sony PS5 will cost $499 USD / 449 UK / €449 EU / 54,999 JP.

7.) PlayStation 5 specs will be almost on par with Xbox Series X, which will cost $100 more at launch.

8.) Pre-orders for the PS5 will go live after the event on February 5.

9.) Gran Turismo 7, MLB The Show 21, Demon Souls Remastered, Godfall and Legendz are some of the PS5’s launch titles.

10.) The PlayStation 5’s new slogan, as well as for the brand as a whole, is “IT’S TIME TO PLAY.”
    This is from a "leak" on 4chan that no one believed until now - because very recently Sony's twitter account was updated to say "ITS TIME TO PLAY". It could be true, or the twitter manager could just be trolling us.
    Last edited by SirGrim; 21st January 2020 at 11:44 am.