Page 1 of 12 123411 ... Last

1. Post

PlayStation 5 - 2020

Supposed leaked specs for PS5.

Given the large amount of RAM and the presence of a SSD, Youtuber Spawn Wave reckons that these are specs from a devkit.

I'm fully keen for full BC with PS4 games. In the current era of digital game libraries having people start again at square one is obtuse. Kudos for Xbox for lighting a fire under Sony's ass with the Xb1's extensive BC support.

2. Post
    Eh, you had me until I saw 32gb of RAM lol

It will be 16GB, not 32

Rest of the specs are nothing new - we expect an AMD GPU and CPU and those numbers look about right, but as of right now the only GPU that could put out 14tflop is Navi which isn't even out - so that puts the release sometime out unless they want go back to the days of $699 consoles

They can't pack Navi and Zen into a box for $399 usd for about another 1 and half years or so and that's where I believe Sony will go, they will not again launch an expensive monster like the ps3, not considering they want to push their online service revenue which requires more users and more users you will get with cheaper base hardware prices

So I expect a $399 system when it is announced, I expect a launch date of mid to late 2019 - maybe even early 2020 and it would not surprise me to see PSN Plus receiving a major revamp to make it more compelling as well as increasing the prices of PSN Plus

3. Post
    Can't wait till it's released and ludez can moan about how loud it is.

4. Post
    jords wrote:

And SirGrim can moan about how it won’t do xxx FPS @ xxx hz

5. Post
    jords wrote:

Nah, too many jaggies for Ludez.

6. Post
    jords wrote:

I only had a problem with the pro being a jet blower. Put ps4 pro loud into google you will get 1000s of results its well documented.

7. Post
    People are forgetting that there is a new CEO of SIE. Andrew house may have been aiming for a 2020 release and left a detailed plan behind. But the new boss might be bold and ambitious and investors could be hungry for a new piece of hardware to compete with the 1X on a more equal level. The new boss could fast track ps5 even tho that would be a mistake.

Also in regards to specs. I see something like this.

12-15TF Navi Based GPU
    8 Core Zen based APU @ 2.5/3GHZ
    12-16GB RAM GDDR6
    1TB HDD
    Fall 2019/2020
    $399
    Last edited by Valeyard; 16th April 2018 at 5:33 pm.

8. Post
    Let's look at Ram in console

Xbox -> 64MB
    Xbox360 -> 512MB ( 8 times amount from previous gen )
    Xbox One -> 8GB ( 16 times amount from previous gen )

Do you think they'd only go times 2 from previous gen?

16GB doesn't seem enough, as the Xbox One X is already at 12GB and that is without a 4K dashboard running in the background. Hell my graphics card alone has 11GB VRam in it.

I'd say they'd go at least 32GB ram. especially if they want it to last until 2026.

9. Post
    Lol 32gb of ram isn't happening in a retail console.

10. Post
    EvaUnit02 wrote:
    I'm fully keen for full BC with PS4 games. In the current era of digital game libraries having people start again at square one is obtuse. Kudos for Xbox for lighting a fire under Sony's ass with the Xb1's extensive BC
    I still say this gen MS was the one that stuffed up the most by not having full B/C with 360 at launch, even MS only gets a few titles each month added to its limited B/C out of the massive 360 catalog.

Was so betting on MS having full B/C, with Sony either keeping the Cell or ditching it losing B/C either way it would of been a win for MS but Sony ended up walking away laughing. Would be funny if Sony didn't have B/C with PS4 would almost let MS walk away laughing, if they had some games worthy of B/C on Xb1..

11. Post

12. Post
    Whats with the ****ed thread title?

13. Post
    I reckon 2TB HDD honestly.

14. Post
    2019 is what I expected anyway, E3 announcement, November 2019 release

I've spent way too much money on PC parts in the last year so I'll be cutting down on buying any electronics except for the PS5, will buy that day one but nothing else lol

15. Post
    I think companies like there own events to pimp the consoles and then e3 is games galore!

16. Post
    Will be very interesting to see how they do the consoles next gen, if they don't make the base consoles as powerful as the x/pro will people want to move over to them?

17. Post
    ludez wrote:
    Will be very interesting to see how they do the consoles next gen, if they don't make the base consoles as powerful as the x/pro will people want to move over to them?
    zero chance they won't be significantly more powerful

ps5 will use 7nm ryzen and 7nm navi based SOC, delivering roughly 5 times the CPU power of the PRO and at least double the graphics power of the PRO

That's my call, the PS5 is a 4k 30 to 60fps machine afterall

18. Post
    jords wrote:
    Whats with the ****ed thread title?
    Triggered me as well; that random " - " at the end makes my eye twitch. Eva

2019 ... that'd be great!

19. Post
    SirGrim wrote:
    zero chance they won't be significantly more powerful

ps5 will use 7nm ryzen and 7nm navi based SOC, delivering roughly 5 times the CPU power of the PRO and at least double the graphics power of the PRO

That's my call, the PS5 is a 4k 30 to 60fps machine afterall
    But the ps4 pro is an enthusiasts level machine, if the ps5 is more powerful that means the internal components are better, more advanced tech etc...therefore bomb costs increase and then Sony will have to increase price from what the base ps4 retailed for surely?

20. Post
    It could be $2K and i'll still buy it - happy to pay for PC performance on a standardised hardware platform.

21. Post
    Frederick James wrote:
    It could be $2K and i'll still buy it - happy to pay for PC performance on a standardised hardware platform.
    But will the masses? I'll be buying a ps5 this time round, and will wait on the Xbox equivalent.

22. Post
    Thread title needs a space after the dash .....

Yeah, the masses may not, i'm just saying that price won't be a factor for me personally. Whilst they could release a base console and a 'Pro' version, i expect that devs will develop for the lowest common denominator, so kinda prefer they just do one machine.

Although i'm sure a lot of games will be 'Pro Enhanced', so ... yeah .... IDK!

23. Post
    Frederick James wrote:
    2k for mid level PC performance? Pass lol. Plus PC's can do way more things than a console. Only way it would be worth anywhere near that much was if it was at least 4k 60fps native on every game, & they let you do practically anything you can do on a PC. No way the masses would pay anyhwere near that much anyway.

24. Post
    2019 is certainly looking more and more likely based off these comments

https://www.polygon.com/2018/10/9/17...ration-console

25. Post
    2019 would be cool. TLOU2 and Death Stranding as launch titles?