Page 2 of 9 First 12345 ... Last

1. Post
    jords wrote:
    2019 would be cool. TLOU2 and Death Stranding as launch titles?
    That was my first thought too.

2. Post
    The market will reject anything above $400 USD. If you they do a 2019 release date then I'd wager a console with similar power to a 1080ti at most.
    jords wrote:
    They would need to be cross-gen. You don't want to piss off millions of PS4 owners.

I'd upgrade for 60fps if PS5 delivers it for cross-gen titles.

3. Post
    Ins0mn1ac wrote:
    2k for mid level PC performance? Pass lol. Plus PC's can do way more things than a console. Only way it would be worth anywhere near that much was if it was at least 4k 60fps native on every game, & they let you do practically anything you can do on a PC. No way the masses would pay anyhwere near that much anyway.
    That's a fair point, but i wouldn't mind paying that for a mid level PC if it was standardised hardware, i.e no pissing around with drivers, settings etc - shit just works, and everyone is on a level playing field. And $2K was just a figure i pulled out of thin air - i don't expect that they will lose money on the console, but i can't see their profit margin being huge.

4. Post
    2019 would surprise a lot of people including myself I'm sort of half an half on 2019/2020. If its 2019 that means sony has to announce a playstation meeting soon for January/February. Unless they skip the Playstation meeting and do the announcement the old fashioned way at E3. Also last of us 2 and death stranding being cross-gen launch titles would make so much sense.

5. Post
    I'd say 2020

6. Post
    EvaUnit02 wrote:
    They would need to be cross-gen. You don't want to piss off millions of PS4 owners.

I'd upgrade for 60fps if PS5 delivers it for cross-gen titles.
    They could be ported later on as was done for TLoU, they'd more likely be swansong releases for the PS4
    No way such big AAA+ titles would be PS5 exclusive as they'd be shooting themselves in the foot with low sale numbers

Consoles usually launch with low budget titles as few devs want to take the risk trying to sell their game to such a small install base

7. Post
    ludez wrote:
    I'd say 2020
    Idk man it all seems to be aligning for a 2019 release. PSN name change happening means theres big changes happening behind the scenes to PSN, Last of Us 2 next year the same way last of us was the big ps3 finale. Death stranding also looks like a next-gen title to me.

8. Post
    I say March 2019 Reveal, E3 games launch, October/November launch.

9. Post
    I hope all the PS4 accessories (wheels, joysticks etc.) will work on it.

10. Post
    DW wrote:
    I hope all the PS4 accessories (wheels, joysticks etc.) will work on it.
    I expect them not to given the farce that happened this generation (they actually cut off support mid-generation for wheels, most Fanatec wheels worked for PCars1 but not 2, for example).

It doesn't really matter anymore, since most people get around the "oh but it's for security" blatant lie with this neat dongle anyway. I have one and it works a treat

11. Post
    Saw this on resetera. Its from a sales insider. Still take it with a grain of salt.

-2019 was at one point a potential launch year for PS5

-Hardware timing was not the deciding factor for launch

-Due to software and business decisions the date is now 2020

- Developers do not have dev kits yet in any large scale capacity and are using loose spec Ryzen based PCs atm

12. Post
    jords wrote:
    Absolute dream, but then also means you have to buy a new machine haha.

13. Post
    I am hoping any new PS5 will support standard Bluetooth connections for headsets and headphones so we can take advantage of things like Dolby Headphone(tm) and improvements in surround sound.

If not, at least make it easier to use an external DAC/Amp to do it.

14. Post
    MintyJewels wrote:
    Absolute dream, but then also means you have to buy a new machine haha.
    They've already been announced for PS4 years ago. They highly likely aren't going to pull that rug out from under people now.

15. Post
    EvaUnit02 wrote:
    They've already been announced for PS4 years ago. They highly likely aren't going to pull that rug out from under people now.
    There's no reason they cant be crossgen.

16. Post
    Valeyard wrote:
    There's no reason they cant be crossgen.
    No shit, not the point. The guy was afraid that PS4 versions would be cancelled.

17. Post
    Interesting...

Playstation DevCon is a developer only event that Sony uses to inform and exchange information with developers making content for the Playstation platform. The event is mostly on the technical side with Sony reported to have briefed developers heavily of the PS4 Pro and PS VR back in 2016 before the Pro was even announced.

The Playstation DevCon 2018 is most likely to brief developers on the PS5 since Sony doesn’t have any other new hardware to talk about, plus they probably delayed the event from May to Q4 2018 to accommodate their release schedule for the console. Most industry rumor suggest the PS5 could release in 2019 so the timing for this event, if it indeed is for the PS5, makes sense.

Sony was recently hiring a Product Manager for a “Next Generation PlayStation Campaign”, so this times in with that nicely. Sony CEO Kenichiro Yoshida also commented on the topic recently stating that a next-gen Playstation is “necessary” and will not be a major departure from the PS4, putting the tablet rumors to rest.

We don’t know much about Sony’s next console but some recent patents suggested that the PS5 could have Backward Compatibility and a V-Sync-like technical implementation.
    https://gearnuke.com/sony-to-brief-d...-devcon-rumor/

18. Post
    New news

PS5 rumours

* PS5 devkits being with devs for sometime already
    * PS5 will be priced at $500usd
    * PS5 used 8 core Ryzen CPU and Navi GPU
    * PS5 will be capable of 4k 60FPS gaming
    * PSVR 2 is in developement, some of the PSVR2 hardware will be inside the PS5 - the gamer just needs to buy the new PSVR2 Camera/headset and connect to the PS5
    * VR Gloves will launch with PSVR2
    * Last of US 2, Ghost of Tsushima and Death Stranding have been pushed back by Sony and all 3 will now become PS5 launch titles (as well as on the PS4)

The person pushing these rumours has accurately leaked rumours before - this is the guy who said Sony would skip E3 2019 before Sony announced it

https://www.techspot.com/news/77487-...UGqKTMu0oxHeQQ
    Last edited by SirGrim; 20th November 2018 at 2:24 pm.

19. Post
    "new PSVR2 Camera and connect to the PS5"

There are 2 versions of the PSVR as it stands (not much difference from the sounds of things.. I dunno, I have the old one..) if this is true I hope it's compatible with the first gen as well.

20. Post
    $500usd on a base console? Heck no

21. Post
    ludez wrote:
    $500usd on a base console? Heck no
    Pretty sure the One X was $500USD lol

I reckon TLOU 2, Ghost & DS will be launch titles too, since no release date has been announced and Sony won't be at E3 next year.

22. Post
    Ins0mn1ac wrote:
    Pretty sure the One X $500USD lol

I reckon TLOU 2, Ghost & DS will be launch titles too, since no release date has been announced and Sony won't be at E3 next year.
    Yeah but that's their top console. A base console at 500usd is insane

23. Post
    ludez wrote:
    Yeah but that's their top console. A base console at 500usd is insane
    And if the numbers above are correct, the PS5 will be at least twice as powerful as the One X, surely it can charge a little bit more than the PRO

Also, how do you know they will do a PS5 PRO? Maybe it will just be a single machine for the next gen

Also the PS5 will contain inside it the PSVR2 hardware box, so you don't have to buy that seperate like you do on the PS4 and PS4 PRO

24. Post
    SirGrim wrote:
    Also, how do you know they will do a PS5 PRO? Maybe it will just be a single machine for the next gen
    ^This, I feel as if the PS4 Pro was predicated on the sudden upsurge in 4K TVs rather than a shift in how consoles are released going forward.

25. Post
    Exactly, the market demanded 4k, so Sony gave it to them. Now they are demanding 60fps and it looks like Sony will oblige with the PS5
    If this new machine does 4k 60FPS, I see no reason have a PRO as well, unless some new technology comes to market - I Don't see 8k taking off for a long time