1. Post
    I really like that design. Can't imagine them using it but still cool

2. Post
    ludez wrote:
    I really like that design. Can't imagine them using it but still cool
    Nah man, it looks like a place to rest your junk lol

3. Post
    It looks more like a new VR unit than a console.

4. Post
    When is the actual release date? has it been confirmed?

Someone told me Nov 2020

5. Post
    x-M-x wrote:
    When is the actual release date? has it been confirmed?

Someone told me Nov 2020
    Only Xbox Scarlett has a confirmed release window, holiday 2020.
    https://www.gamesradar.com/xbox-proj...t-release-date

6. Post
    PS5 Pro rumored to launch along side the base model. I'm surprised. I thought they would give it a few years allow more advanced hardware to come out and then do a PS5 Pro in like 2023 or something.

https://wccftech.com/playstation-5-pro-reveal/

7. Post
    Sony patents a voice assistant for the PS5

https://patentscope.wipo.int/search/...&tab=PCTBIBLIO

8. Post
    Mark Cerny from Sony shares new details about the next gen PlayStation.

* Yes it's called a PS5 and yes it will be launching "holidays 2020"

* It will be a SSD only storage drive, no mechanical drives at all. It's fast, games wont use conventional loading screens.

* Will use a new updated Optical drive, game disks have 100GB storage, drive also plays 4K Blurays

* Sone improvements have been made in moving data between the storage drive and disks - for the gamer it means games will need less storage on the drive and games will no longer install the entire game files - aka games will take up less space if you put a disk in.

* The PS4 User Interface is described as bare bones - not to worry, the PS5 user interface is a total redesign. There are also new features like being able to see exactly what your friend is doing in their game and even what rewards they receive - for instance they could be playing Borderlands 3 and you can see what boss they are fighting and what loot dropped for them, you can also press one button to join straight into their game if they allow it.

* The DualShock 5 controller looks very similar to DualShock 4. It has a microphone and speaker in the center, uses adaptive trigger button rumble, haptic feedback on other buttons and coil actuators on the grips. A demo is shown off - the interviewer says playing games with this controller is a very nice experience where the controller feels different depending on what your character does and even what surface they are running over - enough to make you feel like running over sand is slow. Sony says this new controller has been ready for launch since the PS4 Pro, though they've kept it just for the PS5. The DualShock 5 uses USB Type-C port and uses fast charging. No figure is quoted, but the battery is bigger this time and it makes the DualShock5 a bit heavier than the 4.

* The PS5 uses hardware ray tracing on the AMD Navi GPU for both ray traced graphics and audio.

That's all they are Allowed to talk about for Now

https://www.wired.com/story/exclusive-playstation-5/

9. Post
    This is so weird how they're just drip feeding info. Are they still gonna do a playstation meeting to properly announce it? Who knows.

10. Post
    I think it's all about keeping themselves in the news.

Sony (PlayStation) have not been in public really since E3 2018, Nearly 18 months with out a proper show/press conference kind of unheard of for a huge company. look for a PS5 blow out come Feb i think and then a huge show at E3 and back on board for TGS and PGW heading into launch in....November?

11. Post
    Valeyard wrote:
    This is so weird how they're just drip feeding info. Are they still gonna do a playstation meeting to properly announce it? Who knows.
    Oh they will have a hype generating event no doubt, but it's still nice to get bits and bobs. Only some of this info is new while others is just re-clarifying their position on previous info they released. There is still tons of news they have to talk about - full specs, features, launch games, launch prices, future direction for the machine, new VR headset perhaps, backwards compatibility etc.

The most exciting bit of this new news is the DualShock 5 controller imo - it has a microphone so you can talk to friends without needing a headset - hopefully there is a push to talk button on the controller too.

The new haptic and rumble feedback sounds amazing - while the PS4 already has rumble, the interviewer said that using the 4 and 5 back to back made the 4 feel dead, like something is wrong with it. The 5 sounds like it's very responsive to what your character is doing on screen, it should be really nice for adding immersion in VR games too - hopefully they add the same technology into next gen VR controllers too.

edit

Sony developer tweeted that the PS5 will have an unveiling event next year

https://twitter.com/lowpolyparker/st...235528704?s=20
    Last edited by SirGrim; 9th October 2019 at 9:12 am.

12. Post
    Exciting stuff, cant wait to get mitts on the new controller. I'm calling God of War for launch title, not a new game but a continuation of the norse theme with you know who showing up at the end and the boy being another you know who.

Xmas 2020 prezzie sorted. Hoping price point of $699

edit

Some info on using the controller with actual gameplay.

•Sony demonstrated the controller features with demos of Astro Bot: Rescue Mission and Gran Turismo Sport. Here are Wired’s impressions:◦Astro Bot: Rescue Mission – “I ran a character through a platform level featuring a number of different surfaces, all of which gave distinct—and surprisingly immersive—tactile experiences. Sand felt slow and sloggy; mud felt slow and soggy. On ice, a high-frequency response made the thumb sticks really feel like my character was gliding. Jumping into a pool, I got a sense of the resistance of the water; on a wooden bridge, a bouncy sensation.”
    ◦Gran Turismo Sport – “Driving on the border between the track and the dirt, I could feel both surfaces. Doing the same thing on the same track using a DualShock 4 on a PS4, that sensation disappeared entirely. It wasn’t that the old style rumble feedback paled in comparison, it was that there was no feedback at all. User tests found that rumble feedback was too tiring to use continuously, so the released version of Gran Turismo Sport simply didn’t use it.”

13. Post
    I they thought said ps5 wasn't out till 2021?

14. Post
    ludez wrote:
    I they thought said ps5 wasn't out till 2021?
    Not sure where you heard that it was always gonna be 2020.

15. Post
    Valeyard wrote:
    Not sure where you heard that it was always gonna be 2020.
    Hmmm can't remember now actually. Cool that it's 202 though

16. Post
    Gah! Bring it on!

17. Post
    While not important, Sony also confirmed that the leaked patent design for the devkit is in fact 100% the real deal.

This is what the PS5 devkit looks like that the developers have in their hands.

Just remember the machine that goes on sale won't look like this - the final product always looks very different than the devkits.

18. Post
    GeneralZod wrote:
    I'm calling God of War for launch title,
    I highly doubt that you'll win this bet. A Guerrilla Games title is more likely.

19. Post
    EvaUnit02 wrote:
    I highly doubt that you'll win this bet. A Guerrilla Games title is more likely.
    Yeah, agreed, GOW would still be a few more years away.

20. Post
    Just tell me a price and where to preorder kthnx.

21. Post
    Scarlett is up for order PS5 should follow suit
    No price though Obviously

https://www.mightyape.co.nz/product/...x-one/30472387

22. Post
    DOGZILLA wrote:
    Just tell me a price and where to preorder kthnx.
    This

23. Post
    Yep, i need it in my veins, will get it from Noel Leeming again and pick up. or mall.
    Gah excites!

24. Post
    Whats the point of preordering when its still over a year away?

25. Post
    Giddy excitement.
    I'll get it from the first place offering midnight pickup.