1. Post
    I'll be buying regardless.

2. Post
    I'll be grabbing one as well. Be good to see if they've done any adjustments to the controllers and the design of the actual console when it eventually comes out.

3. Post
    Day one for me too. Sounds great!

4. Post
    Valeyard wrote:
    Im thinking Horizon Zero Dawn 2 and GT7. With last of us 2 and Deathstranding ports.
    I'm not sure about GT7 tbh, unless it turns out to be a port of GT:Sport.

5. Post
    I'll probably get the at launch, for the one launch game and then it'll mostly gather dust for a year due to a lack of games

6. Post
    If they have PS1, PS3 backward compatibility for PSN purchased games then I will preorder the console. I.e. NOT streamed.

7. Post
    BURN_BABY wrote:
    I'm not sure about GT7 tbh, unless it turns out to be a port of GT:Sport.
    hmm yea thinking about it based off GT sports release date I think at most we could see maybe a GT7: Prologue

8. Post
    ludez wrote:
    I'll be buying regardless.
    I might wait three days and then buy yours off you

9. Post
    gneiss wrote:
    I might wait three days and then buy yours off you
    If it's like my one x I won't ever sell it.

10. Post
    PS5 will feature Navi and Zen 2. Confirmed @ Computex.

11. Post
    I don't know what that means

12. Post
    Basically it means the console will be so fast you'll be able to complete any game in a picosecond.

13. Post
    jords wrote:
    I don't know what that means
    anything non graphics related like AI or physics will be MUCH, MUCH better on the ZEN 2 side.

On the Navi side, the graphics will also be a lot better.

The PS4 had a relatively weak CPU when launched (AMD didn't have the best CPUs at that time), and now you'll be getting a high end modern day CPU in its place.

14. Post
    Jason Schreier is saying spring launch for PS5.

What does this mean for Sony’s other remaining announced PlayStation 4 games? Well, The Last of Us 2 was planned for a 2019 release but I recently heard from a person familiar with goings-on at Sony that it’s been delayed to early 2020, likely February. And Ghost of Tsushima will follow in the next few months, with the PlayStation 5 likely launching next spring.
    https://www.kotaku.com.au/2019/05/de...t-in-november/

15. Post
    https://wccftech.com/playstation-5-m...-scarlett/amp/

Hmmmm wasn't expecting that,in my head I was convinced it would have been the other way round.

16. Post
    Don't they have two models though?

17. Post
    matt8485 wrote:
    https://wccftech.com/playstation-5-m...-scarlett/amp/

Hmmmm wasn't expecting that,in my head I was convinced it would have been the other way round.
    PS4 was more powerful than Xbox One so not really that surprising. I think the One X showed Microsoft that people do care about specs. The ps4 pro was a half step response to the One X. I still cant help but wonder if PS5 will come out a bit later than Scarlett just so it can get on top of its specs. Personally I wouldn't rule out Spring 2021 even tho its likely Holiday 2020.

18. Post
    Whats the bet the Xbox will be $100 more again even though it's the weaker system lol.

It will be a bit of a blow to MS if the Scarlett is weaker since PS will no doubt have the stronger lineup of games again. What will be the point of getting an Xbox at all now? lol. Guess it will be nothing more than a Game Pass machine lol.

If I was MS I would put the strongest model out first and at least try & beat the PS5 in specs before they fall even further behind lol.

19. Post
    Ins0mn1ac wrote:
    Whats the bet the Xbox will be $100 more again even though it's the weaker system lol.

It will be a bit of a blow to MS if the Scarlett is weaker since PS will no doubt have the stronger lineup of games again. What will be the point of getting an Xbox at all now? lol. Guess it will be nothing more than a Game Pass machine lol.

If I was MS I would put the strongest model out first and at least try & beat the PS5 in specs before they fall even further behind lol.
    Im hoping E3 2020 they will unleash their full library of newly acquired studios and reveal what they've been working on. Praying for some solid AAA single player games.

20. Post
    jords wrote:
    Don't they have two models though?
    That was the theory - that they had a 4TF console and a 10TF console.

Digital Foundry has theorised for months that the 4TF console would be weaker than the Xbox One X and it would be a marketing failure and a hard sell.

Then at E3, Microsoft only announced one model - which seems to suggest they may have canned the 4TF version.

It's for the best really - AMD has gotten 25% more IPC out of Navi, so 4TF + 25% = 5TF against the One X's 6TF when comparing apples to apples. There was a real chance the base next gen xbox would not be a 4k 60fps machine and only the top end 10TF would be.

As for Microsoft's claim that the next gen machine is 4 times more powerful than the one X, it's not a straight forwarded formula and who knows for sure what they did to come up with that gem of a claim.

10TF is rumoured for the machine + 25% Navi IPC boost = 12.5TF effective against a One X.
    This means the next gen xbox's GPU would be roughly twice as fast as the One X.

Still that's only 2 times, not 4. Then we can look at the CPU, which using Zen 2 cores, is rumored to be 8 times faster than the Jaguar cores in the One X. But games, especially at 4k are much more dependent on GPU power instead of CPU power, so 8 times faster CPU doesn't mean it's a 8 times faster console.

Microsoft has then used some weightings to derive an overall boost of four times.

Anyone looking roughly to know how powerful next gen consoles will be, just watch this

Pretend the rx480 is actually a xbox one x and the 1080ti is the Xbox One 2 and PS5
    Just remember, this is not how games will run - consoles have their optimizations, this is just an indication of the rough raw power difference between generations

Last edited by SirGrim; 18th June 2019 at 2:52 pm.

21. Post
    Ins0mn1ac wrote:

You gotta remember Xbox is basically a hobby for Microsoft. Sony is an ant compared to the giant that is Microsoft so they can afford to do whatever they want. Xbox are killing it with gamepass, it's a huge market they have tapped into.

Xbox aren't even worrying at all about Sony they are now just doing there own thing.

Nobody knows what the next gen is going to be in reality. It could be the 360 vs PS3 all over again.

Just hurry up and release last of us 2 already though.

22. Post
    You can have the fastest, most powerful console in the world, but the fact is, it's the software that sells, and Xbox doesn't really give me a reason to buy one.

23. Post
    Black Plague*** wrote:
    and Xbox doesn't really give me a reason to buy one.
    Xbox don't care about you buying their box. If you're playing in their ecosystem and/or subbing to one of their services then it's a win.

I'm keen for Gears 5 but we've seen no campaign gameplay since like 2018 and the game is out in 3 months. They showed some CoD Zombies clone PvE mode gameplay at E3 but I don't care about that shit. What are they scared of us seeing? I really hope that we don't have another first party stinker from MS on our hands.

Sony's censorship BS aside, if they give us BC with PS1/2 games from PSN then my purchase of PS5 is guaranteed as a vote with my dollar. EDIT: If they have PS3 BC then I'm getting it day 1.

24. Post
    EvaUnit02 wrote:
    Xbox don't care about you buying their box. If you're playing in their ecosystem and/or subbing to one of their services then it's a win..
    Nah, not doing either of those things.

25. Post
    Black Plague*** wrote:
    Nah, not doing either of those things.
    Neither.

I just can't see Sony allowing their lead to be relinquished. They revolutionised console gaming with the PSX, then massive success with the PS2. A big miss-step with the PS3, which they bounced back from with the PS4, helped by Microsoft's mixed Xbox One message of "Tv, tv,tv, sports, Kinect, tv, tv, tv....".

I don't think that they are as complacent about their lead in the industry as they have been in the past.

There is some validity in what ludez says though. Microsoft have the pockets deep enough to simply make it work regardless. They just keep throwing money at it. They also keep throwing ideas to see what sticks - Kinect, HoloLens ..... Sony get a lot of stick for just dumping hardware (Original Move on the PS3, the Vita .... is VR next? Or they in for the long haul?), but all manufacturers do that, even Microsoft.