Black Ops 4 Info dump: No Campaign, Battle Royale Mode

Thread Rating: 9 votes, 5.00 average.
(9 votes)
Page 1 of 6 1234 ... Last

1. Post

Posts in this thread appear as comments on the following Gameplanet article:

Read article...

2. Post

Black Ops 4 Info dump: No Campaign, Battle Royale Mode

Rumour is the campaign was too "outlandish" and they cancelled it.

https://twitter.com/charlieINTEL/sta...35667495096321

A battle royale mode is also apparently being developed by Raven software.

https://twitter.com/charlieINTEL/sta...29037441306625

Polygon reached out to activision but they dont comment on rumours.

When reached for comment, an Activision spokesperson said, “We don’t comment on rumor and speculation. We look forward to revealing Black Ops 4 on May 17th.”

The sources, who asked for anonymity, said that as Black Ops 4’s release date approached, it became evident that development on the single-player campaign wouldn’t be completed. One source said Treyarch has since focused Black Ops 4’s development on expanding multiplayer and the series’ popular Zombies mode. The source described an emphasis on cooperative modes as a potential stand-in for the typical single-player campaign experience.
    https://www.polygon.com/2018/4/17/17...source=twitter

3. Post
    Meh CoD campaigns are shit anyway so no loss there. Looking forward to the MP reveal

4. Post
    Ins0mn1ac wrote:
    Meh CoD MP are shit anyway
    Fixed

5. Post
    I only play CoD for the MP so that wouldn't bother me at all.... but I find it hard to believe they'd do that, there are heaps of people that only play it for the single player story (for some reason) and I think they'd be rather angry.

Despite being different development teams maybe they'll lump it randomly with that rumored single player only MW2 thing lol.

6. Post
    Sting wrote:
    there are heaps of people that only play it for the single player story (for some reason)

Cause it's like a Michael Bay movie, turn off your brain and blow shit up.

7. Post
    CoD has had some pretty good campaigns, to be fair - not many companies create AAA linear single player shooters anymore.

8. Post
    Ins0mn1ac wrote:
    Meh CoD campaigns are shit anyway so no loss there. Looking forward to the MP reveal
    The campaigns are the only good part of CoD games.

9. Post
    They could cancel the entire game i couldn't care less, time to create a new ip.

10. Post
    EvaUnit02 wrote:
    The campaigns are the only good part of CoD games.
    Only if you're into boring ass linear on rails gameplay. Its like go straight to this point shoot a bunch of enemies then go directly to this point shoot another bunch of enemies, rinse and repeat. Don't forget to hit that checkpoint or else the enemies will just keep respawning endlessly!! Oh yeah we'll throw in one on rails level where you're manning a machine gun mounted on a moving vehicle just to break up the monotony!! And of course don't forget to press F to pay respects!!

11. Post
    Ins0mn1ac wrote:
    Only if you're into boring ass linear on rails gameplay. Its like go straight to this point shoot a bunch of enemies then go directly to this point shoot another bunch of enemies, rinse and repeat. Don't forget to hit that checkpoint or else the enemies will just keep respawning endlessly!! Oh yeah we'll throw in one on rails level where you're manning a machine gun mounted on a moving vehicle just to break up the monotony!! And of course don't forget to press F to pay respects!!
    To be fair bro you could say that about most single player games. Go here do this and do it this way etc etc

12. Post
    ludez wrote:
    To be fair bro you could say that about most single player games. Go here do this and do it this way etc etc
    Yeah true. I just prefer games where you have a bit of variety & freedom on how to approach a given situation eg Crysis & Far Cry.

13. Post
    BLOPS3 campaign was dope

14. Post
    Ins0mn1ac wrote:
    Yeah true. I just prefer games where you have a bit of variety & freedom on how to approach a given situation eg Crysis & Far Cry.
    Those games are really poor at set pieces, though. As someone else said, it's like watching a Die Hard or Face/Off; lots of action, big explosions, big moments; maybe not the most deep, but who cares?

15. Post
    There's nothing wrong with linear narrative-based games. Blops 3 had a well written story that was pure Philip K. Dick-esque cerebral sci-fi and it didn't treat the player like an idiot with its storytelling. (This probably bite them in the ass in the end because the majority of their playerbases are in fact idiots who need everything spelled out for them.)

Treyarch are very good storytellers, I am saddened that this game won't have a campaign. I won't be buying it.

I rate World at War as one the best written action games of the last decade. It told a brutal anti-war story painted in shades of grey. It didn't shy away from portraying the player characters and their allies as potentially just as nasty as the nazis. War is horrible and can makes a monster of anyone.

Modern Warfare trilogy is well done for the most part but at the end of pure Tom Clancy-esque pulp.
    Last edited by EvaUnit02; 19th April 2018 at 1:31 pm.

16. Post
    Really curious to see what they meant by "outlandish". Aliens? Time travel? Or was just that it lacked diversity / didn't consider today's delicate climate?

17. Post
    Crow#Zero wrote:
    Really curious to see what they meant by "outlandish". Aliens? Time travel? Or was just that it lacked diversity / didn't consider today's delicate climate?
    Maybe it was No Russian x 1000

18. Post
    So I assume the game will sell for a discounted price on account of no SP?

They wouldn't charge full AAA price for half a game -they don't think their customers are that stupid do they?

19. Post
    brand wrote:
    So I assume the game will sell for a discounted price on account of no SP?
    They wouldn't charge full AAA price for half a game

This is Activision we're talking about lol

20. Post
    https://charlieintel.com/2018/04/19/...-to-overwatch/

TLDR version: BLOPS 4 was very similar to overwatch /lawbreakers. Playtesters hated it, now it's very similar to BLOPS 3.
    Only a rumor but seriously Lmfao!

21. Post
    This game is sounding like a massive flop, so much backpedaling - they game needs to be delayed but its activision so it won't be - major flop, caling it now

Ya'll know Battlefield 5 is going to be the real multiplayer shooter for 2018

22. Post
    Damn if even Treyarch can't deliver a good CoD game then the franchise is truly dead to me. I avoid the IW and Sledgehammer games like the plague. They should just make it more like BLOPS2 so its still a bit futuristic but without the advanced movement crap.

23. Post
    SirGrim wrote:

Ya'll know Battlefield 5 is going to be the real multiplayer shooter for 2018
    Black female German soldiers you reckon?

24. Post
    |icED-e@RtH| wrote:
    Oh noes, it would really ruin my immersion of the video gamez if they did dat

25. Post
    |icED-e@RtH| wrote:
    They didn't do that in BF1? The only females they added were Russian snipers, which was authentic.

They won't do a COD.

26. Post
    BF1 had black German soldiers on the European front.