Page 2 of 6 First 12345 ... Last

1. Post
    dns4me still works for me...

https://dns4me.net/

2. Post
    ^ Thought i'd give it a crack - seems to be working!!! Will start paying when my 7-day trial runs out if it's still working. $4.37 a month is decent; i've learned with these services to only pay monthly so that you don't lose money if they stop working (if you buy in advance and then cancel, most don't refund the unused portion).

Thanks for that bjorn

3. Post
    Can this work if I'm using an Xbox?

4. Post
    ludez wrote:
    If there are VPN apps on the Xbox Store that work, I don't see why not. But I'm guessing MS might be a little more restrictive with those.

5. Post
    ludez wrote:
    Yeah i think you can - you just need to set the DNS manually in the network settings. I'm sure that the 'dns4me' website mentions that Xbox is supported.

6. Post
    have to go into your xbox dns settings. I had to do simular when I used to dabble in the vpn thing before netflix bit down hard.

7. Post
    Oh shit i retract my previous statements, US Netflix is awesome.

8. Post
    Why? UK is better to me, every season of Always Sunny!

9. Post
    So I just get one of the us DNS zones then chuck those into my Xbox DNS?

10. Post
    I have used getflix a few times, they offer 14 day trial

11. Post
    Getflix wasnt working for ages...they were all down...interesting that ones back...wonder how long for!

12. Post
    Getflix doesn't seem to work for me. Can you confirm you get US shows?

Free trial of Expressvpn works on fire tv

13. Post
    Just signed up for a trial again with getflix,set the region to US for netflix and amazon prime and its working.

14. Post
    dns4me works on my samsung TV

15. Post
    Signed up for dns4me trial, it cut off a season of the mrs' current show (Riverdale). Was worth a shot.
    (Also Samsung TV)

16. Post
    Working for me on Samsung and Panasonic TV’s; watched The Secret Life of Pets on the Sammy this morning, and the last couple of episodes of S4 for Peaky Blinders on the Pana this arvo.

Frag, are you saying that US Netflix is a season behind us with Riverdale?

17. Post
    Yeah I've noticed this with a few shows (e.g. The Blacklist). Not a dealbreaker though, easy enough to switch back/set on a per device.

18. Post
    Frederick James wrote:
    Frag, are you saying that US Netflix is a season behind us with Riverdale?
    Yeah seemed that way. Season 2 here, only season 1 when I used the DNS. A quick google confirms this is the case.

As mentioned, easy enough to switch, but it probably throws out on demand stuff at the same time. So I decided to just swap it back and save myself the hassle. I don't watch broadcast TV here, but her indoors does. And she will have zero interest in changing the DNS setting when she wants to swap.

Good to know it can still work though.

19. Post
    Fragluton wrote:
    Signed up for dns4me trial, it cut off a season of the mrs' current show (Riverdale). Was worth a shot.
    (Also Samsung TV)
    How did you set it up for the Samsung??

I have put the DNS settings in our router but am getting an error when I log in to netflix on my computer: We are having technical difficulties and are actively working on a fix. Please try again in a few minutes, and incorrect password when logging in on the iPad. Missus is watching netflix on the TV but im not sure if its the US or NZ one ><

20. Post
    For my samsung it was "network", then "network status", then I could manually configure the DNS.

Try find season two of Riverdale that will determine region.

21. Post
    Sweet thanks Yup im on the US one ....I have done it through the router so all the devices can get it / easier for the missus. Hopefully it wont effect anything else

22. Post
    ludez wrote:
    So I just get one of the us DNS zones then chuck those into my Xbox DNS?
    Hmmm not working for me, tried using the setup guide and doesn't work?

23. Post
    Getflix has been working for me for a few months now.

Stopped working with devices like Chromecasts though a month or so back which is annoying

24. Post
    I'm trying to use getflix and input the DNS straight into my router I assume I'm doing it right? Manually set DNS at the bottom from getflix global DNS servers.

25. Post
    Yeah that looks right to me Ludez, but I don’t use Getflix so not sure why it wouldn’t be working. How is it not working? Just not giving you US Netflix? Or are you getting the “You seem to be using a proxy” error on Netflix? Same with dns4me?

I don’t have an Xbox, but the dns4me DNS addresses are working on our 2 smart TVs when using the Netflix app.

Fragluton wrote:
    For my samsung it was "network", then "network status", then I could manually configure the DNS.

Try find season two of Riverdale that will determine region.
    And/or season 4 of Peaky Blinders