1. Post
    Manually set DNS settings for one device (i.e Console, ATV4 etc) leave 2nd device as is, best of both worlds.

2. Post
    Anyone had success getting working on their Note 8? I've tried turning off location etc, still failing there but working fine on TV (occasionally it spazzes and says im using a proxy etc)

3. Post
    I got it working using dns4me but now Netflix says content isn't available in my region......getflix doesn't work for me so not sure how to use now?

4. Post
    ludez wrote:
    I got it working using dns4me but now Netflix says content isn't available in my region......getflix doesn't work for me so not sure how to use now?
    Your IP address probably changed, open up dns4me console and updates it.

5. Post
    KevinL wrote:
    Your IP address probably changed, open up dns4me console and updates it.
    Don't see that option?

6. Post
    ludez wrote:
    Don't see that option?
    Literally the first thing when you log in?

7. Post
    Nope not there for me, no option for the update just dynamic ip

8. Post
    Also it might be that you're trying to access content that isn't available in the region you have currently selected.

9. Post
    KevinL wrote:
    Also it might be that you're trying to access content that isn't available in the region you have currently selected.
    The stuff I watched last night now says not available in your region? I haven't changed any settings and IP looks the same

10. Post
    Turn your TV off and on again?

11. Post
    Refresh internet connection? Did your ip change? you may need to go to the dns4me website and confirm it there?

12. Post
    KevinL wrote:
    Turn your TV off and on again?
    I've done it on my router, I'm pretty sure its the IPS from DNS4me not working. Unless its just the Xbox not liking the DNS settings? Will try on the Samsung smart TV in the bedroom

13. Post
    ^ How’d it go?

14. Post
    Works on the Samsung smart TV but not on the Xbox, I think the DNS clashes with the Xbox servers?

15. Post
    Mines not working anymore, i'm guessing this is the case for other people too?

Ah well, it was good while it lasted

16. Post
    Yep damn it! Just paid for a dns sub too
    Infuriation wrote:
    Mines not working anymore, i'm guessing this is the case for other people too?

Ah well, it was good while it lasted

17. Post
    Yep, goosed for me too. I just paid for a sub as well, but month to month, so am out $4.37 - it’s why you never subscribe to these services for any more than the minimum!

18. Post
    It is why you should subscribe to the premium ones

19. Post
    Hell Knight, when you say premium ones, do you mean VPN’s?

I’d be happy to do that, if I could find one at a reasonable price, that worked with my two smart TV’s, and didn’t otherwise gimp my download speeds. For example, I saw this on Lifehacker a few days ago - 5 best VPNs that work with Netflix (https://www.lifehacker.com.au/2017/1...-in-australia/). Cheapest was AUD$11.99, which is a far cry from NZD$4.37. If it was 100% guaranteed they would work, I’d consider that, but there’s also a big part of me that says “F**k them; I’ll just torrent it!”.

And I’m not that big on TV that I’d miss any show/movie if it wasn’t there. I guess if you watch a lot of telly, and Netflix’s NZ offerings don’t do it for you, it’d be a compelling value proposition.

20. Post
    Yes, as I mentioned earlier in the thread https://www.expressvpn.com/vpn-software (It is on that list you linked also). You can use it at the router level for your smart TV's.

The roughly 4500 shows and movies on ours is enough for me currently (I have a big backlog), but I have used it before and it was flawless, even on ADSL.

I'd just watch everything I can on ours, then sign up to the VPN for a month and binge through all the shows that aren't available here.

21. Post
    I paid for one month of expressVPN, works on fire tv and gives good Netflix performance. Can get access to UK as well

22. Post
    Working fine for me, for what it's worth (dsn4me, UK netflix)

23. Post
    I cbf with pissing around with changing device DNS or setting things at Router level. I just use The IP Vanish app to go to the US or UK on my Mac then Chromecast the tab to the TV. If you cast the screen then it will open Netflix on Chromecast and not work, but if you just cast the tab then it works fine.
    Then I just Remote Desktop my Mac on my phone and it acts as a remote lol.
    I watch a lot of UK based panel shows, so I'm always casting Dave, Channel 4, BBC and ITV.

24. Post
    That sounds like a lot more work to me... Changing DNS on my Samsung TV took maybe a minute. At least you have a solution that works though. YouTube is my content provider these days for most things.

25. Post
    Changing DNS settings on Router level/DNS on individual device is extremely basic and a lot less convoluted that the process you described @ Mancubus.