1. Post

State of Decay 2 (PC/Xb1) - co-op zombie survival

Release date, May 22nd. Windows 10 Store/Xb1 exclusive presently. State of Decay 2 could be launching on Steam at a later date.

Looking good, I'll definitely give it a trial on Game Pass.

2. Post
    Looks pretty cool but not enough to get an Xbox. Still on Win 7 so will get this if the Steam version comes out.

3. Post
    I feel like they might have missed their Window for this.

4. Post
    Valeyard wrote:
    I feel like they might have missed their Window for this.
    That's why it's $30 USD/$50 NZD/on Game Pass day 1.
    Ins0mn1ac wrote:
    Still on Win 7 so will get this if the Steam version comes out.
    Still on a NINE YEAR OLD OS? Yeah okay.
    Last edited by EvaUnit02; 23rd April 2018 at 10:14 am.

5. Post
    EvaUnit02 wrote:

Still on a NINE YEAR OLD OS? Yeah okay.
    Yeah but still the best OS ever. I'm extremely reluctant to change. Having said that once I finally replace my ancient rig I will bite the bullet and change to Win 10.

6. Post
    Win 10 is better in almost every way if you configure it properly. (i.e. get rid of all the monitoring bs)

7. Post
    Ins0mn1ac wrote:
    Yeah but still the best OS ever.
    No Love for Windows 95b?

I kid - Windows 98 was way betterer

8. Post
    zippy wrote:
    No Love for Windows 95b?

I kid - Windows 98 was way betterer
    The whole Win 9x family was crashtastic garbage in comparison to mainstream versions based on the NT codebase.

9. Post
    Apparently the game has a zillion bugs according to multiple reviewers. Xbox holds their second L for the year after Sea of Thieves.

10. Post
    What a shame, I did enjoy the first one. Maybe by the time it comes out on PC it won't be a problem.

11. Post
    Its on PC just not steam. Guess Ill get whatever pack they put out next year.

12. Post
    Wonder how many will refuse to buy it simply due to it being on Windows 10 Store and not Steam.

13. Post
    DeltaTenNZ wrote:
    Wonder how many will refuse to buy it simply due to it being on Windows 10 Store and not Steam.
    Absolutely loads of people. MP would probably be completely dead for PC users if they didn't have cross-platform play with Xbox.

14. Post
    Not like Microsoft will learn anything from it. Such a damn shame really as I bought State of Decay on steam and enjoyed it. And was actually looking forward to the sequel..... now, I'll unlikely bother.

More money for other games I suppose...

15. Post
    I don't know why people would refuse to buy a great game just because it's not on Steam/Origin, seems kinda childish to me.

Anyway, I haven't played the first State of Decay but I am looking forward to this

16. Post
    the game is riddled with bugs and is being eviscerated in reviews

17. Post
    after watching more gameplay this looks like an exact carbon copy of the first game just with better graphics & co-op.

18. Post
    jdz wrote:
    I don't know why people would refuse to buy a great game just because it's not on Steam/Origin, seems kinda childish to me.

Anyway, I haven't played the first State of Decay but I am looking forward to this

I have Steam, Origin, UPlay, GOG. All working platforms that dont **** with my system.

MS Store I'll have to tie it to my OS, and be forced to register Win10 to a Microsoft account. My GFWL account was converted to an Xbox account, which I cant retrieve because it wasn't tied to a Microsoft account. 90% of the games that used GFWL are still broken. What happens when MS pulls out of the Games platform business again goes back to consoles. Do I loose all my games again ? What happens if I buy a new PC and my Hardware and OS changes, do I have to buy them again ?

At least with Steam/Origin/UPlay/GOG most of them can be "fixed" if Steam/Origin/UPlay/GOG ever stopped supporting them. I can move to another PC, log in and download any game, bet I cant do that with Windows Marketplace.

19. Post
    KaskadeNZ wrote:
    I have Steam, Origin, UPlay, GOG. All working platforms that dont **** with my system.

MS Store I'll have to tie it to my OS, and be forced to register Win10 to a Microsoft account. My GFWL account was converted to an Xbox account, which I cant retrieve because it wasn't tied to a Microsoft account. 90% of the games that used GFWL are still broken. What happens when MS pulls out of the Games platform business again goes back to consoles. Do I loose all my games again ? What happens if I buy a new PC and my Hardware and OS changes, do I have to buy them again ?

At least with Steam/Origin/UPlay/GOG most of them can be "fixed" if Steam/Origin/UPlay/GOG ever stopped supporting them. I can move to another PC, log in and download any game, bet I cant do that with Windows Marketplace.
    Ahh right, I didn't realize it was such a hassle. Fair call then

20. Post
    I'm actually really enjoying it.

21. Post
    EvaUnit02 wrote:
    Release date, May 22nd. Windows 10 Store/Xb1 exclusive presently.State of Decay 2 could be launching on Steam at a later date.

Looking good, I'll definitely give it a trial on Game Pass.
    It's really fun. I played 7 hours of Multiplayer and 7 of Singleplayer (alone and with friends helping) and i enjoy it alot. I find it better than the first game and look forward to playing more!