Philips Hue Vs Yeelight

Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.
(1 vote)

1. Post
    They do have them, just not in the starter pack unfortunately. But you can still get 15% off at Mitre10.

Sent from my MI 5 using Tapatalk

2. Post
    Dre wrote:
    They do have them, just not in the starter pack unfortunately. But you can still get 15% off at Mitre10.

Oh, so which model is the RGB bayonet bulb on their website? This one?

https://www.bunnings.co.nz/philips-h...b-bc_p00311634

3. Post
    Yeah that's a bayonet bulb right?

(Edit) I see what you mean now. yes that's the Color/RGB one. It's not very clear though, but it is. Just look for the purple looking light on the packaging.

4. Post
    I already have the switch and bridge, but could do with some more Edison/screw-in lamps - don't need colour; are the white ambiance's on spesh at all?

Bunnings had them for $29.60, Mitre 10 had them for $29.70, and as M10 were more expensive, i got them for $25.16 after i used the 15% thing - they any cheaper than that?

5. Post
    The ambiences are 49, whites 29. It doesn't appear these have been put on special, just the color ones.

I mean if you wanted like 3 extra bulbs and wanted the novelty of Color for no extra costyou could buy the starter kit, sell the bridge for like 50 bucks and have 3 Color bulbs same price roughly as the ambiences (ambiences 3x $49 - 15%)

6. Post
    Dre wrote:
    Anyone looking to get the Hue range should take a look at pulling the trigger now.

Bunnings just dropped the price on their color bulbs and starter kit on their website. The color starter pack (3 bulbs + bridge) is $207 - mitre10 will then beat this by 15%, so you get it for $176 instead of usual $299. They'll beat them on 15% on everything else still also.

All in all I got 3 Color bulbs, 1 white bulb, bridge, switch for $232.
    Oh gutted just kitted out my man cave with the hue lights over the last 2 weeks.

Grabbed 6 of the Aphelion down lights, Colour starter pack, 2 Go Lights, 2 RGB bulbs and a sensor.
    Looking at getting the light strips though for my DJ desk and maybe another for my TV cabinet.

Are you guys using Amazon Echo or Google Home for automation?

Be good to put see pics up of your RGB lights to see what shades and lamps everyone is using. Just picked up a shade and lamp base from Lighting Plus today so going to see what it looks like with a HUE bulb.

7. Post
    Thoughts on NanoLeaf?

https://nanoleaf.me/en/

Name:  Capture.JPG
Views: 372
Size:  55.9 KB

8. Post
    Pretty sweet as long as you can hide the powercord.

9. Post
    Kidona wrote:
    Oh gutted just kitted out my man cave with the hue lights over the last 2 weeks.

Grabbed 6 of the Aphelion down lights, Colour starter pack, 2 Go Lights, 2 RGB bulbs and a sensor.
    Looking at getting the light strips though for my DJ desk and maybe another for my TV cabinet.

Are you guys using Amazon Echo or Google Home for automation?

Be good to put see pics up of your RGB lights to see what shades and lamps everyone is using. Just picked up a shade and lamp base from Lighting Plus today so going to see what it looks like with a HUE bulb.
    Be keen to see your set up

10. Post
    Dre wrote:
    Be keen to see your set up

I'll take pics once I get the rest of the lights setup hopefully this evening.

Just got back from Mitre10 with some light strips for the entertainment unit and DJ table so thanks for the heads up on the discount.

I went to get another 3 pack rgb kit and they only had the older models in the 3 pack which have the silver base on the bulb. New ones have the white base on the bulbs and green sticker top right indicating brighter colours. Which kit did you grab from mitre 10?

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

11. Post
    Ah yeah I got the green one/updated one. Had no idea there were differences till I loaded up the app and he singular bulb I got gave me warnings that it's doesn't have the same colour range.

12. Post
    Set mine up yesterday, pretty cool, but you really need some accent lighting to take advantage of the scenes etc. Looks like I'll need to to grab one or two shade/lamp holders for the corners of my lounge etc. LED strip behind the TV would be good.

Of course I'll need to grab an Alexa too.

Damn this could be an expensive rabbit hole lol.

13. Post
    Too late now, you're halfway down the hole LOL.

14. Post
    Yeah lol. Grabbed another pack, however this time I got the 2nd gen lamps as the manager at this mitre10 was switched on (excuse the pun) and realised Bunnings are selling the 2nd gen.

Definately a difference with the greens and blues between 2nd and 3rd gen.

15. Post
    Dre wrote:
    Yeah lol. Grabbed another pack, however this time I got the 2nd gen lamps as the manager at this mitre10 was switched on (excuse the pun) and realised Bunnings are selling the 2nd gen.

Definately a difference with the greens and blues between 2nd and 3rd gen.

I also picked up another set yesterday from Bunnings as all the Mitre 10's I visited yesterday only had the 2nd gen packs Bunnings did have the 3rd Gen's in stock so didn't get the 15% discount I would have received if purchased from M10.

Haven't setup the strips yet so haven't taken pics but here's the shades I purchased for 2 of my bulbs.

https://www.thewarehouse.co.nz/p/liv...r+lamp&start=1

The above is a knock off of the Ikea equivalent lamp and gives a nice spread of light in an area and you can adjust the height of it by leaving out one of the base poles as there are 5 of them you join together.

https://www.ikea.com/ca/en/catalog/products/10139879/

The other shade I got for my desk

http://www.lightingplus.co.nz/lighti...ouch-base.html

It's a standard e27 touch base and you pick the shade colour / style of your choice and also looks really nice.

16. Post
    Here's a pic of the 2 lamp shades and the 2 go lights I use for the TV. Using the go lights as an alternative to strips behind the TV as the strip power supply would be visible hanging down so didn't want that as power in recessed wall only enough room for TV power.

Going to test strips behind entertainment unit though to see what that looks like.

The Go lights are great for reducing glare from the TV when all the lights are off so that is another plus on having the go lights in that position.

Excuse mess on desks lol.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Kidona; 28th May 2018 at 9:20 am.

17. Post
    Those gos look nice. Once you get your led strips on the entertainment unit you should try the gos on the floor on each corner of that wall pointing upwards at the corner, I reckon that'd look good.

I want to find rectangle/square shaped tall floor shade that can fit 2-3 bulbs.

18. Post
    I bought 5 bulbs for my hub. Man, having some fun using Google Assistant on my phone to control the lights

19. Post
    Haisley wrote:
    I bought 5 bulbs for my hub. Man, having some fun using Google Assistant on my phone to control the lights
    Been meaning to get an Alexa but maybe I need to do this also!

20. Post
    Dre wrote:
    Been meaning to get an Alexa but maybe I need to do this also!

I might look at getting Google home or Alexa. So the household isn't dependent on my phone to do voice commands.

21. Post
    Dre wrote:
    Anyone looking to get the Hue range should take a look at pulling the trigger now.

Bunnings just dropped the price on their color bulbs and starter kit on their website. The color starter pack (3 bulbs + bridge) is $207 - mitre10 will then beat this by 15%, so you get it for $176 instead of usual $299. They'll beat them on 15% on everything else still also.

All in all I got 3 Color bulbs, 1 white bulb, bridge, switch for $232.

While Color is probably a novelty really, at this price you basically pay the same as the white ambiance if you're getting the starter kits and switch so why not.

This still going i can't find the said bulbs on bunnings website

22. Post
    huntakillaz wrote:
    This still going i can't find the said bulbs on bunnings website
    Looks like price has gone up to 238. Still good deal with mitre10 beating it though

https://www.bunnings.co.nz/philips-h...pack_p00311608

23. Post
    Dre wrote:
    Looks like price has gone up to 238. Still good deal with mitre10 beating it though

https://www.bunnings.co.nz/philips-h...pack_p00311608

Dick smith have it for $199
    https://www.dicksmith.co.nz/dn/buy/p...3-set-philips/

24. Post
    Shit even better.

25. Post