Philips Hue Vs Yeelight

Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.
(1 vote)
Page 7 of 7 First ... 4567

1. Post
    HELL KNIGHT wrote:
    I have a Harmony 880, I liked it so much I bought another one when the first one wore out after many years of use and abuse. I really don't like the design of their new stuff, it is less ergonomic and the 880 is also more intuitively laid out.

I also like the tactile feedback to just pick the thing up and press a button without looking at it and the fact it also has the backlit buttons for when you need to and a screen for the less used functions.
    Yea other than the shape and smartphone controls the elite is quite similar to the 880

2. Post
    HELL KNIGHT wrote:
    My $40 IR/RF transmitter does the job, can use the app if you want to control things via a remote. I've integrated everything through it with my Google Home devices and just do it by voice, which is way more convenient.

I bought a WIFI dongle for my LED strip lighting and can control that via its app and by voice through Google also.
    I really just want to be able to use Alexa to control the TV, not worried too much about the actual remote itself. Tell me more about this IR/RF transmitter please?

3. Post
    I have the Broadlink RM Pro. I'll let this video answer that question for you

4. Post
    ^ Cheers man! $67 on TardMe - think ima get one!

5. Post
    No worries, there is an updated version called the Broadlink RM PRO+. There is also the RM Mini3 that just doesn't have RF and is cheaper and a different form factor- you can get the Mini3 for ~28 from Alliexpress.

You can control it from outside your home WIFI from your phone as well without having to set anything else up. I can use it for example to let someone in through my electric driveway gates when I am not home, which is handy when I don't want to give someone the pin code to the gate opener keypad.

6. Post
    Actually, i think this will be a better option;
    https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Broa...f-db0a407605da

7. Post
    Buying both of what I listed above? Sure if you have TV's in more than one room you want to control and still have RF capability from the RMPRO+.

8. Post
    HELL KNIGHT wrote:
    Buying both of what I listed above? Sure if you have TV's in more than one room you want to control and still have RF capability from the RMPRO+.
    Yeah, TV in an open plan living area, plus bedroom TV and Mancave TV, so will probably be living area and bedroom. The Mancave TV automatically comes on when I switch on the PS4 anyway, which is predominantly what it’s used for.