Philips Hue Vs Yeelight

Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.
(1 vote)
Page 8 of 8 First ... 5678

1. Post
    Mean, the latest hue update allows zones. So I can finally add more than 4 bulbs to a single zone, rather than a scene.

2. Post
    Haisley wrote:
    Mean, the latest hue update allows zones. So I can finally add more than 4 bulbs to a single zone, rather than a scene.
    I haven't really explored that yet - what does it do? Does it let you control the same bulbs in different ways? Like have the same bulbs in multiple groups/zones?

Wife bought an essential oil humidifier/diffuser thing. It has an app. It also has an Alexa skill. Didn't mention it to the wife, and as we're going to bed last night she goes "Oh damn I forgot to turn the humidifier off". I say "It's okay, I'll get it babe - Alexa, humidifier off". Her mind = blown!

3. Post
    HELL KNIGHT wrote:
    Just used Aliexpress for the motion bulbs as well. Only had one die after a couple of years use, they are cheap enough that it was hardly a big deal.

Only thing with these is you can't have a light fixture that covers the sensor part of the bulb - you can also get fancy replacement ceiling lights with the sensor built in if you want to spend a load more money.

I am thinking about getting one of these Xiaomi smart celing lights for my lounge. They had it on special for $175 at Easter, should have grabbed it then.
    Bought the first one in that link, and it arrived a couple of days ago. USD$6.85 for the 18w one. Not only is it bright af, it works really well. Going to get a few more for other areas around the house.

So yeah, a couple of months down the track, and we're really happy with our new Hue down lights. They work well, and we've noticed a significant reduction in our power bill. I think that stems from less power consumption by the lights themselves, and also because heat isn't escaping through the vent holes like it was in the old down lights - place is quicker and easier to heat, and heat retention is better.

4. Post
    Cool. Hard to beat for ~$10 eh.

You can change the currency to NZD on there by the way, you might have to pay a conversion fee by leaving it in USD??