Philips Hue Vs Yeelight

Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.
(1 vote)
Page 8 of 8 First ... 5678

1. Post
    Mean, the latest hue update allows zones. So I can finally add more than 4 bulbs to a single zone, rather than a scene.

2. Post
    Haisley wrote:
    Mean, the latest hue update allows zones. So I can finally add more than 4 bulbs to a single zone, rather than a scene.
    I haven't really explored that yet - what does it do? Does it let you control the same bulbs in different ways? Like have the same bulbs in multiple groups/zones?

Wife bought an essential oil humidifier/diffuser thing. It has an app. It also has an Alexa skill. Didn't mention it to the wife, and as we're going to bed last night she goes "Oh damn I forgot to turn the humidifier off". I say "It's okay, I'll get it babe - Alexa, humidifier off". Her mind = blown!

3. Post
    HELL KNIGHT wrote:
    Just used Aliexpress for the motion bulbs as well. Only had one die after a couple of years use, they are cheap enough that it was hardly a big deal.

Only thing with these is you can't have a light fixture that covers the sensor part of the bulb - you can also get fancy replacement ceiling lights with the sensor built in if you want to spend a load more money.

I am thinking about getting one of these Xiaomi smart celing lights for my lounge. They had it on special for $175 at Easter, should have grabbed it then.
    Bought the first one in that link, and it arrived a couple of days ago. USD$6.85 for the 18w one. Not only is it bright af, it works really well. Going to get a few more for other areas around the house.

So yeah, a couple of months down the track, and we're really happy with our new Hue down lights. They work well, and we've noticed a significant reduction in our power bill. I think that stems from less power consumption by the lights themselves, and also because heat isn't escaping through the vent holes like it was in the old down lights - place is quicker and easier to heat, and heat retention is better.

4. Post
    Cool. Hard to beat for ~$10 eh.

You can change the currency to NZD on there by the way, you might have to pay a conversion fee by leaving it in USD??

5. Post
    Anyone ever use smart sockets?

Currently using Kogan smart lights and my smart sockets have LEDs on them, when I say ask Google to turn off all my lights, my smart sockets turn off too (thinking that its a light as it has an LED on it).

Not sure how to get around this, I tried to remove it from Google Home (as in the LED function) but it only has the option to remove the whole Smart Home app.

Anyone can help?

6. Post
    I use Broadlink smart sockets and if there is a light assigned to one it will turn it off, but not if there isn't. I'd create a routine in GH that is triggered by a different command and assign the devices to it that you want it to turn on and off.

I for example have individual routines to control each individual light or the rooms they are in, as well as the inbuilt command that you are having issues with that controls them all.

7. Post
    HELL KNIGHT wrote:
    I use Broadlink smart sockets and if there is a light assigned to one it will turn it off, but not if there isn't. I'd create a routine in GH that is triggered by a different command and assign the devices to it that you want it to turn on and off.

I for example have individual routines to control each individual light or the rooms they are in, as well as the inbuilt command that you are having issues with that controls them all.
    So best / easiest way to go is set up routines on GH? Will look in to that thanks.

8. Post
    Hell Knight, are you having any issues with your Broadlink stuff and GH?

I went to turn on the TV, Alexa said there was an issue with the Skill, and to disable then re-enable it. Disabled it, but now can't re-enable it due to not being able to link the Broadlink account to the Skill. I think it's the Broadlink login site that is causing it, does nothing when you enter your email and password. Latest reviews of it from late August are complaining of the same thing. Frustrating!

9. Post
    Stand down - it's fixed itself

10. Post
    I joined the GH sub-reddit and it is full of people having issues, the thing is getting dumber by the week it seems. I've lost the ability to get GH to control everything but smart plugs through my RMPRO at the moment, and it has been going on for weeks. No amount of removing and resyncing is fixing it.

It is turning into a bit of blood pressure boiler with its constant stupidity and sudden lack of ability to answer and execute commands that it could do perfectly well before

The Broadlink app is still working perfectly fine however. Though Broadlink own servers have been down as well a couple of times over the last few years I've had it.

11. Post
    I'm only using the Pro to control a TV, and the Mini to control a TV and Receiver. It seems to have come right.

Alexa was displaying the light that indicated it was doing an update, and then the issue started. A few recent reviews of the Broadlink Skill going back to August are complaining about not being able to enable the Skill because you can't link your Broadlink account to your Amazon account. That's what I was having, but a couple of hours later it let me do the linking. Has been fine since.

If it's happening on GH as well, it's an indication it's Broadlink rather than the platform you're using.