1. Post
    Gwarden wrote:
    Did people like the last one, 'Predators'? I thought it was okayish but pretty forgettable.
    Yeah I liked it. At the very least it did something different and it was a hell of a lot better than the AvP movies.

Haisley wrote:
    lol, ok.

The best thing about the predator movies is the predator. It's never been about the shite acting from the human cast.
    The 'human cast' has actually been pretty good for the Predator series.

2. Post
    Haisley wrote:
    lol, ok.

The best thing about the predator movies is the predator. It's never been about the shite acting from the human cast.

Make me a predator movie with no humans. Just chuck him on a hostile alien planet and let him earn his right to adult hood by killing all the game.

Will be a 1000x better than all the predator movies we've had so far.

See I like your posts when you bother to give them some content and not just bash everything like cynical internet cool guy #26337782

I'm not sure if I agree about focusing on the Predators themselves though - like other movie monsters, I think they work better with a bit of mystery. I will say though that if the kid featured in the trailer has a prominent role it could be the downfall of the entire film.

CODChimera wrote:
    Yeah I liked it. At the very least it did something different and it was a hell of a lot better than the AvP movies.
    To be fair that is not a very high bar.

3. Post
    Gwarden wrote:
    I will say though that if the kid featured in the trailer has a prominent role it could be the downfall of the entire film.
    I cringed a bit when I saw that kid. They better not turn this into some PG13 shit.

4. Post
    Gwarden wrote:
    See I like your posts when you bother to give them some content and not just bash everything like cynical internet cool guy #26337782
    To be fair, my first post had content, and I meant it.

I cringe at the sight of re-watching that base assault scene in the original predator.

All my other replies were piss takes at the nostalgia of 80's action flicks.

5. Post
    I dunno, the cast was perfect in the first movie. It's all over the top, but it's honest about it and belongs in it's era. Watching just CGI fights is not the same.

6. Post
    I dont like the kid either but Ill def give this a go when it comes out on DVD since I watched all the rest

7. Post
    This will suck, which is sad as the predator universe has so much potential.

8. Post
    Wouldn't get hyped for this, just like most modern remakes/sequels of old movies it could end up being trash, but i'll probably watch it anyway.
    Last edited by |icED-e@RtH|; 12th May 2018 at 3:11 am.

9. Post
    It's a sequel not a remake, just checked the wiki but also found this:
    A young boy accidentally triggers the Predators to return to Earth. The universe’s most lethal hunters have genetically upgraded themselves with DNA from other species. Only a crew of former soldiers and a disgruntled science teacher can stop the hunters before anybody becomes their prey.
    Yikes

10. Post
    Just remember that Black is all about subverting them tropes

11. Post
    From this leaked script it would seem he's not: https://pastebin.com/Nxf52mGT

Please everyone pray to god it isn't true because that could actually be worse than the FIRST AvP. It's SO bad that it has to be fake but this was written before the trailer was released and there are leaked set pics that look scarily accurate, also Arnie said he read the script and didn't like it or want to be involved. That's coming from a guy who got involved in the latest Terminator.

12. Post
    Hope for the best but don't expect a miracle I guess

13. Post
    Why? My one gives more details.

Kinda confused by what you mean though because the 'broad strokes' link up pretty nicely with the leak I posted. And on your link there's several more posts from the OP that also link up with everything else although the English is really broken so I didn't fully read them. Even reading them once was....painful.

14. Post
    jords wrote:
    That looked terribad!

You know your movie is trash when you cast Olivia Munn.
    You know it's bad when the only reason I would watch this is Olivia Munn. Hnnngggg.

15. Post
    Strangely, I had just watched this

16. Post
    Oh god that plot is terrible, and matches the trailer.. not looking good if thats the case.

17. Post
    Gwarden wrote:
    Did people like the last one, 'Predators'? I thought it was okayish but pretty forgettable.
    I liked Predators. I liked Brody as the marine fella. But this one sounds like a M rated flick like Aliens Vs predator 2 was. I'll still watch this on the big screen even if it won't be as good as the original flicks.

18. Post
    I could not resist; played the trailer and it's all your fault!

19. Post
    Eclectic Gamester wrote:
    I could not resist; played the trailer and it's all your fault!
    Read the leak script, look for the leaked set screens....you know you want to.

20. Post
    New trailer out. Still looks a bit crap. Also at one point it looks like 2 Predators are facing off against each other. Hope its not an AVP situation where a Predator helps the humans Maybe it befriends the little boy & they become bff's lol

21. Post
    PvP?

22. Post
    I like the idea of a super predator

need a predator movie where the good guy is Chris Hanson

23. Post
    stacrafty wrote:
    I like the idea of a super predator

need a predator movie where the good guy is Chris Hanson
    I always liked the idea that the predators we'd seen were all like weekend hunters, and there was a whole society of other predators like more badass soldiers and such that could clean them up. I still don't think the movie will be good.

24. Post
    I was on a plane this afternoon and randomly thought of predator remake.

Who would you cast?

Dutch - Dwayne Johnson
    Dillon - Michael B Jordan
    Hawkins - Paul Rudd
    Blain - John Cena
    Mac - Terry Crews
    Billy - Jason Momoa
    Poncho - Oscar Isaac

25. Post
    Haisley wrote:
    I was on a plane this afternoon and randomly thought of predator remake.

Who would you cast?

Dutch - Dwayne Johnson
    Dillon - Michael B Jordan
    Hawkins - Paul Rudd
    Blain - John Cena
    Mac - Terry Crews
    Billy - Jason Momoa
    Poncho - Oscar Isaac
    That's pretty spot on although I could also see Dave Bautista as Blain. I'd also cast Olivia Munn as that latin chick they capture.