Results 51 to 75 of 82

  1. Post
    #51
    ^ Both are epic ideas tbh

    I ain't got time to bleed

  2. Post
    #52
    Ins0mn1ac wrote:
    Can anyone name 1 remake that is better than the original especially when it comes to 80's movies?

    Mad Max 2?

    And that Comedy Central comedian does take me out of the movie. Movie's going to suck.

  3. Post
    #53
    arr wrote:
    Mad Max 2?

    And that Comedy Central comedian does take me out of the movie. Movie's going to suck.
    Mad Max 2 is a sequel not a remake.

  4. Post
    #54
    Ins0mn1ac wrote:
    That's pretty spot on although I could also see Dave Bautista as Blain. I'd also cast Olivia Munn as that latin chick they capture.
    Oh **** yeah Bautista would be sweet as Blain.

    Munn could pull off the Latina too.

  5. Post
    #55
    Ins0mn1ac wrote:
    Mad Max 2 is a sequel not a remake.
    And better than The Road Warrior

  6. Post
    #56
    Haisley wrote:

    Munn could pull off the Latina too.
    Munn could pull off me too.

  7. Post
    #57
    Tormenta wrote:
    And better than The Road Warrior
    Mad Max 2 is The Road Warrior.

  8. Post
    #58
    *better than Mad Max. Only saying since its fairly rare for a sequel to be better than the original. Inb4 everyone posts obvious exceptions

  9. Post
    #59
    Ins0mn1ac wrote:
    Mad Max 2 is a sequel not a remake.
    Doh. I thought I read sequel.

    John Carpenter's The Thing then.

  10. Post
    #60


    New trailer looks A LOT better. Clearly they listened to the complaints when making this one but hopefully it carries over to the actual film and they removed the questionable stuff.

  11. Post
    #61
    Yeah a definite improvement. Still not a fan of the humour but at least it looks like its gonna be R rated

  12. Post
    #62
    good, Predator movies should be part horror , part action , part gore etc. R should be the minimum

  13. Post
    #63
    Action looks great, story and acting look F grade, I see it bombing.

  14. Post
    #64
    That should have been the first trailer, I would have been keen to see it if that's all I got to see beforehand.

  15. Post
    #65
    Comedy confirmed lol


  16. Post
    #66
    ^ Jesus what an annoying ****wit

  17. Post
    #67
    That not nice calling Ins0mn1ac that.

    He tries.

    Sometimes...

  18. Post
    #68
    I'm sure he was referring to the reviewer in the vid lol. I don't get the hate. I guess some people just want to watch some crusty old critic who's dead serious & doesn't joke around.

  19. Post
    #69
    No, I don't want to watch some crusty old reviewer at all. I just found him and more to the point the quick-fire cutting/editing to be really irritating.

  20. Post
    #70
    Just watched this flick. It wasn't too bad lots of references to the older flicks. Heaps of one liners and action.

  21. Post
    #71
    Annoying Youtube guy is mostly on the Money IMO. There's actually a lot of enjoyable action, and character humor. The first half especially sets up the tone and the characters nicely, and some neat shout-outs to the previous movies..

    Theeennn the second half seems like it's been edited to hell & back. Characters turn up with vehicles and items that they just happen to acquire off camera, or more likely, on the cutting room floor - a lot of the stuff shown in the trailer isn't there anymore. The epilogue especially reeks of executive meddling, It's obviously been changed at the last minute to something truly nonsensical for the sake of avoiding a downer ending (from what I got to see a previous ending cut) and a cheesy af sequel hook. Two of the ragtag team could probably have been cut out completely without affecting the story at all really, and we would have had more time to stay with the rest of the characters, or just get those missing story beats back in there.

    6/10, mostly, sorta, enjoyable silly gory action-comedy romp, but best bet is to hope like hell for a director's cut Blu-ray...

  22. Post
    #72
    5/10 form me, some nice dialogue, some decent action but a missed opportunity. The Predator was always about Stealth, gory results and whodunnit serial killer stuff with a final 1 on 1 take. This.. this is average alien action flick. Some of the action sequences was too much CGI and blurry dark scene smokescreen. Again the original flick showed why less is more, you dont actually need to see the gore all the time, best to set it up and then leave it to the audience imagination .

    the final gundam suit really left me going eh?

  23. Post
    #73
    Feliz wrote:

    Theeennn the second half seems like it's been edited to hell & back. Characters turn up with vehicles and items that they just happen to acquire off camera, or more likely, on the cutting room floor - a lot of the stuff shown in the trailer isn't there anymore. The epilogue especially reeks of executive meddling, It's obviously been changed at the last minute to something truly nonsensical for the sake of avoiding a downer ending (from what I got to see a previous ending cut) and a cheesy af sequel hook. Two of the ragtag team could probably have been cut out completely without affecting the story at all really, and we would have had more time to stay with the rest of the characters, or just get those missing story beats back in there.
    It was heavily changed. I haven't seen it and it's getting pretty savaged but the leaked script was way worse.

  24. Post
    #74
    Hmm, I see there was a link to the script leak earlier in the thread but it appears to have been taken down
    There was an alternative epilogue that was 100% effects complete that's a billion times better than the corny one that made it to theaters.. Although that one I saw didn't feature the pod at all, so the nonsensical iron-man-suit ripoff may still have been planned for after that even..

  25. Post
    #75
    Feliz wrote:
    Annoying Youtube guy is mostly on the Money IMO. There's actually a lot of enjoyable action, and character humor. The first half especially sets up the tone and the characters nicely, and some neat shout-outs to the previous movies..

    Theeennn the second half seems like it's been edited to hell & back. Characters turn up with vehicles and items that they just happen to acquire off camera, or more likely, on the cutting room floor - a lot of the stuff shown in the trailer isn't there anymore. The epilogue especially reeks of executive meddling, It's obviously been changed at the last minute to something truly nonsensical for the sake of avoiding a downer ending (from what I got to see a previous ending cut) and a cheesy af sequel hook. Two of the ragtag team could probably have been cut out completely without affecting the story at all really, and we would have had more time to stay with the rest of the characters, or just get those missing story beats back in there.

    6/10, mostly, sorta, enjoyable silly gory action-comedy romp, but best bet is to hope like hell for a director's cut Blu-ray...
    I agree with ya. I'm glad I didn't pay full price for this.