Page 1 of 4 1234 Last

1. Post

The Predator [2018]

First footage! It's not the best trailer I've seen but I trust in Shane Black.

2. Post
    This might be ok bearing in mind the original is perfect and can't be bettered

3. Post
    This might be the case where the trailer is doing more damage than good.

4. Post
    I'm keen, that looks like a good mix if no story and action

5. Post
    Tormenta wrote:
    This might be ok bearing in mind the original is perfect and can't be bettered
    If I could change anything in the original, it'd be the part when they assaulted that little base. Either make it less 80's pew pew shoot from the hip and throw ma rubber knife...or just remove the scene altogether.

6. Post
    That scene is amazing, it serves to set up just how badass the team is.

7. Post
    mintyOnion wrote:
    This might be the case where the trailer is doing more damage than good.
    I also see it's being dumped in September, which isn't a major vote of confidence by the studio.

8. Post
    Haisley wrote:
    If I could change anything in the original, it'd be the part when they assaulted that little base. Either make it less 80's pew pew shoot from the hip and throw ma rubber knife...or just remove the scene altogether.
    Blasphemer!! 80's pew pew is best pew pew lol. There was absolutely nothing in the original that needs to be changed.

For the love of god I hope they don't have forced jokes in this which seems to be the modern way. There was 1 joke in this which was pretty lame.

Also there better be a bro fist in this lol

9. Post
    Haisley wrote:
    what the ****

10. Post
    Black is a better writer than leaning into hackneyed nostalgic references and signifiers instead of subverting expectations and adding something new to the mythos

Inb4 I'm totally wrong

11. Post
    Aw shit...I poked the Arnie fans nerves eh.

12. Post
    Can anyone name 1 remake that is better than the original especially when it comes to 80's movies?

13. Post

Hue

14. Post
    Haisley wrote:
    Aw shit...I poked the Arnie fans nerves eh.
    Yeah everyone is really angry.

15. Post
    CODChimera wrote:
    Yeah everyone is really angry.
    Calm down bro.

16. Post
    Gwarden wrote:
    Black is a better writer than leaning into hackneyed nostalgic references and signifiers instead of subverting expectations and adding something new to the mythos

Inb4 I'm totally wrong
    no your not wrong , the Last Boy Scout a case in point.

17. Post
    That looked terribad!

You know your movie is trash when you cast Olivia Munn.

18. Post
    Yeah wasn't happy to see that dude off Key & Peel either. Bet its going to be toned way down from the original with lots of humour & OTT action to make it "fun" like every blockbuster movie tries to be these days. Is this even going to be R rated? Looks like a PG13 movie to me.

19. Post
    Ins0mn1ac wrote:
    Yeah wasn't happy to see that dude off Key & Peel either. Bet its going to be toned way down from the original with lots of humour & OTT action to make it "fun" like every blockbuster movie tries to be these days. Is this even going to be R rated? Looks like a PG13 movie to me.
    Yeah key or peel (whichever one he is) is the reason I haven't bothered watching the trailer.

Shit cast is shit.

20. Post
    Did people like the last one, 'Predators'? I thought it was okayish but pretty forgettable.

21. Post
    Haisley wrote:
    Yeah key or peel (whichever one he is) is the reason I haven't bothered watching the trailer.

Shit cast is shit.
    So you waltz in here, criticize the original, slam the actually damn good cast in this one, don't even bother watching the footage, then act like everyone else is the problem. Nice contributions.

22. Post
    Gwarden wrote:
    Did people like the last one, 'Predators'? I thought it was okayish but pretty forgettable.
    Yeah I actually enjoyed it apart from that "That 70's show" dude who was on it. Was pretty decent.

23. Post
    Gwarden wrote:
    So you waltz in here, criticize the original, slam the actually damn good cast in this one, don't even bother watching the footage, then act like everyone else is the problem. Nice contributions.
    Oh, you don't like my opinions?

K.

24. Post
    I could care less about your opinions but your attitude is needlessly hostile and baiting.

25. Post
    Gwarden wrote:
    I could care less about your opinions but your attitude is needlessly hostile and baiting.
    lol, ok.

The best thing about the predator movies is the predator. It's never been about the shite acting from the human cast.

Make me a predator movie with no humans. Just chuck him on a hostile alien planet and let him earn his right to adult hood by killing all the game.

Will be a 1000x better than all the predator movies we've had so far.