Rage 2 officially announced with terrible song trailer

Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.
(1 vote)
Page 2 of 2 First 12

1. Post
    EvaUnit02 wrote:
    Google Tank Girl. The punk rock + post-apocalyptic setting aesthetic that the Rage 2 marketing campaign is going for has been established for decades.
    Looks cool. I think the thing that gets me though is just how bright it is. If it was a darker pink, it would probs be fine, but the pink in the trailer is WAY to bright for the rest of whats going on.

ChrisB wrote:
    All I smell is bullshit. It means nothing with no context. Literally thought nothing of it until you mentioned it.
    So why are you wondering, more importantly, what are you thinking it might mean?
    I don't really know what it means. Which is why I said, "Makes you wonder what they're doing." It's an open statement.

The better question is, why are you singling me out for this question? Other people in this thread/comments have said the same as myself, as I pointed out, and yet you seem to only be interested in coming after me. I kinda think the bullshit you smell is you're own. :P

ChrisB wrote:
    He's chosen to avoid answering. And I have no intention of dealing with your bullshit.
    Nope. Just don't watch the comments all day waiting for someone to reply. Been watching The Office on Stan and playing AC:Orgins. Once again, seeing things that are not there. Well done. lol

ryrynz wrote:
    ****in hell, could that bit rate be ANY LOWER? WTF Gameplanet.
    I would like to see the trailers thing keep your settings. I have to up it to 720 every time I go to a new vid. And turn the sound down. Its ok once and a while, but if you are trailer binging, its not the best thing.
    Last edited by Jagji56; 16th May 2018 at 1:27 am. Reason: Forgot to reply to Eva lol

2. Post
    The pink smoke is the least of that trailers problems.

3. Post
    Wow this thread...this is why we can't have nice things.

4. Post
    That was a horrible trailer

5. Post
    You could say the trailer is RAGE inducing

6. Post
    Actual gameplay trailer is much better, I'm pretty sure they put out that hot trash trailer on purpose to rile people up.

7. Post
    Man Beth really have become to go to for game these days. They really aren't afraid of taking risks now.

8. Post
    yeahboiwahoo wrote:
    Actual gameplay trailer is much better, I'm pretty sure they put out that hot trash trailer on purpose to rile people up.
    Agreed, looks like they could be taking a Sunset Overdrive approach to the writing, which would be cool.

SirGrim wrote:
    never played rage 1 but I was under the impression that it was not a good game
    It definitely wasn't as bad as people made it out to be, but it wasn't memorable to me either, just kinda bland more than anything else. Not an IP I'd pick for a sequel over starting fresh (which they seem to be doing here anyway, I suppose) or putting resources into a more successful IP.

9. Post
    the game was really bland

and you could not lose, everytime you died you just respawned , had the same stuff and .. that was it

not that it was even remotely difficult. Pretty sure i clocked the game on the hardest setting easily. And i am not even that good of a player in FPS!

10. Post
    I have been playing the first game recently, I found it pretty boring sauce (probably spoilt after playing the recent iterations of Doom and Wolfenstein, Shadow Warrior etc and given this game was released many years ago now).

That said after seeing that gameplay trailer I am looking forward to the new game with hopefully more fun kinetic gunplay with rage's world as a background for it.

11. Post
    Doom was awesome, I went back and tried to play wolfenstein after it as I never played it and found it pretty slow going. I tried the original Rage yonks ago and it felt arse even then, boring and I died when I tried to jump over a crate and got flung sideways off an edge to my death...

With ID involved in this one I'm hoping some new doom has rubbed off onto it as that was super solid and had some downright fantastic gunplay going on.

12. Post
    The combat looks quite aerial like Doom so it looks like they've definitely incorporated a lot of that game's gunplay.

13. Post
    I was confused why everybody here is calling the trailer bad, then I realised that it's not the same as the gameplay trailer I saw earlier today. The bold pink is an interesting choice, and I could see it working. The gameplay one looks totally fine to me, and enough for me to keep my eye on this. Seems they've picked up a bunch of the action from Doom; hopefully it translates ok into a more open area.
    As always, waiting to see more of what it's like hands-on before making judgment.

14. Post
    I swear some of the shots look semi cell shaded.... you probably could have shown me some of the screens and said it was the borderlands 3 trailer and I'd believe you

15. Post
    ClavulanateV2 wrote:
    I swear some of the shots look semi cell shaded.... you probably could have shown me some of the screens and said it was the borderlands 3 trailer and I'd believe you
    only nothing would be familiar to BL. And it doesnt really look like it.

16. Post
    SJW's taking over gaming. I think I'll pass.

17. Post
    arr wrote:
    ???

18. Post
    arr wrote:

19. Post
    jords wrote:
    The perfect gif for GP.