1. Post

Posts in this thread appear as comments on the following Gameplanet article:

Read article...

2. Post

COD 2019 is Modern Warfare 4 and has a Campaign

Back in March Gaming INTEL’s sources contacted us with information regarding not just the state of Black Ops 4, including its similarity to Overwatch and lack of a campaign, but also information about Infinity Ward’s next release in 2019. One of Gaming INTEL’s exclusive sources has said that Call of Duty Modern Warfare 4 will be the next title, by Infinity Ward, to release in 2019.

Our sources stated that Modern Warfare 4 would release as a “fully fledged” Call of Duty title, with a campaign that is already being worked on, the customary Call of Duty Multiplayer experience and the return of its Zombies mode. This source also said that Battle Royale was being discussed for Modern Warfare 4, but at that point, it was merely discussions.
    https://gamingintel.com/2018/05/20/l...9-release/amp/

If this "Leak" is real it does appear that Blops4 not having a campaign really was just a time constraint thing. But I imagine Activision will be paying close attention to the sales to see if a lack of a campaign really does effect it.

3. Post
    I hope so, But i think they're 4/5 years to late with MW4.

4. Post
    The campaign will probably be the only good part of the game because Infinity Ward make shit MP.

5. Post
    Could be keen if the game stays true to the original MW games. Have spent more hours in those three games than the rest of the franchise combined.

The only COD MP I've enjoyed in recent years has come from Sledgehammer Games though, with AW and WW2. BLOPS3 was mediocre, and I didn't bother with IW at all.

6. Post
    MW was the best, the series and story line was fantastic. It still upsets me that Ghost and Roach died.

7. Post
    What happened in MW3?

8. Post
    jords wrote:
    What happened in MW3?
    Russia launches an invasion upon major American and European cities. UK SAS and US Navy SEALs fight the Russians forces. Task Force 141 had been disavowed after they killed General Shepherd. Price and co. are hunting Makarov. It's a good campaign with memorable set-pieces IMO.

9. Post
    Does make me curious if any of the major characters will be returning for Modern Warfare 4. Or whether they'll be mentioned in name only, but mostly a new cast of characters.

10. Post
    DeltaTenNZ wrote:
    Does make me curious if any of the major characters will be returning for Modern Warfare 4. Or whether they'll be mentioned in name only, but mostly a new cast of characters.
    The voice actor for Gaz was teasing his involvement on Twitter.

11. Post
    Several original Infinity Ward developers, who were part of the original team since the earliest days of the studios and left for Respawn after what happened during the 2010 debacle between Infinity Ward and Activision, have returned to Infinity Ward recently to work once again on Call of Duty
    https://charlieintel.com/2018/05/20/...infinity-ward/

12. Post
    Guess they saw that Activision was the lesser of two evils.

13. Post
    fuzzy2308 wrote:
    I hope so, But i think they're 4/5 years to late with MW4.
    Better late than never

14. Post
    Not really some things should just die like Independence Day and cod

15. Post
    and your ability to post on this forum

16. Post
    w0lfbrains wrote:
    and your ability to post on this forum
    That was incredible

17. Post
    Fingers crossed that Infinity Ward are balls deep in the MW2 remaster so that it can be released with MW4; only then will I but another COD game...

EvaUnit02 wrote:
    The campaign will probably be the only good part of the game because Infinity Ward make shit MP.
    You must be smoking something. Infinity Ward MP > Treyarch MP (same goes for campaign).

Treyarch will be banking on Blackout mode but who wants to play a battle royale in FPS only?

18. Post
    gooseman77 wrote:

You must be smoking something. Infinity Ward MP > Treyarch MP (same goes for campaign).
    lol you must be on crack thinking the devs that brought you garbage like MW3, Ghosts & Infinite Warfare are better than Treyarch lol. You must also be a fan of quickscoping & death streaks and other shit they have in IW games.

Hope gay quickscoping is as nerfed in BO4 as it was in BO3.

19. Post
    gooseman77 wrote:
    LMAO. Did you stop playing CoD around CoD around 2008 or so? Infinity Ward have been a B to C tier developer since half the original team left in late 2009/early 2010 to form Respawn Entertainment. Even MW2 was utter shit, it's just remembered fondly by 20—something because it let them as skilless teenage console tard f*ckbois feel good about themselves by exploiting unbalanced cheap shit. Explosive spamming; stacking kill streaks to get a dozen planes in the air; 1 metre radius knife lunges; etc. They only ever did ONE balance for that shit game, probably because the team was a skeleton staff in 2010.

Ever since 2008 Treyarch has been untouchable. Superbly written campaigns, balanced MP which focused on gun on gun combat. Get some better taste, heathen.

20. Post
    Ins0mn1ac wrote:
    lol you must be on crack thinking the devs that brought you garbage like MW3, Ghosts & Infinite Warfare are better than Treyarch lol. You must also be a fan of quickscoping & death streaks and other shit they have in IW games.

Hope gay quickscoping is as nerfed in BO4 as it was in BO3.
    It's only gay if it's actually gay or are you just perpetuating hate speech, lol..?

EvaUnit02 wrote:
    LMAO. Did you stop playing CoD around CoD around 2008 or so? Infinity Ward have been a B to C tier developer since half the original team left in late 2009/early 2010 to form Respawn Entertainment. Even MW2 was utter shit, it's just remembered fondly by 20—something because it let them as skilless teenage console tard f*ckbois feel good about themselves by exploiting unbalanced cheap shit. Explosive spamming; stacking kill streaks to get a dozen planes in the air; 1 metre radius knife lunges; etc. They only ever did ONE balance for that shit game, probably because the team was a skeleton staff in 2010.

Ever since 2008 Treyarch has been untouchable. Superbly written campaigns, balanced MP which focused on gun on gun combat. Get some better taste, heathen.
    So I take from that you were a "highly skilled" not-20-something who wasn't able to adapt their play style to suit, berating a game because it didn't have the generic cookie cutter mechanics of other FPS clones..?

COD Modern Warfare and COD Modern Warfare 2 are universally recognised as pinnacle titles by the industry and community. MW and MW2 are consistently ranked in the top 3 COD games of all time with the original Black Ops being the only other title to consistently make the list (but never in the number 1 spot); your warped and expletive laden rants have zero impact on that.

Jason West and Vince Zampella's departure from Infinity Ward to form Respawn Entertainment did have an impact but what have they done since? Titanfall marginal success piggybacked off the launch of the Xbox One and if rumours are true it would seem that a number of key developers from Respawn are heading back to Infinity Ward...

As for Treyarch being untouchable? You seem to have forgotten about COD Black Ops 3...

21. Post
    This forum is very Simpsons crazy cat lady lately

22. Post
    The Infinite Warfare campaign was pretty solid. And I enjoyed Ghosts. wouldnt be mad if we got a sequel to ether of those. MW4 is a strange one. But I guess it could be good if they got the OG Infinity Ward team back.

23. Post
    Wouldn't go near another Treyarch COD after BO3.

Hoping for a stripped down/simplified perk system like previous MW games and larger maps. TDM Express mode from MW2 would be nice as well.

24. Post
    InvisibleShadow wrote:
    Wouldn't go near another Treyarch COD after BO3.
    Huh? How can you hate BO3 when you like that pos AW? BO3 did the advanced movement shit properly whereas in AW everyone was jumping around like hyperactive crackheads and camping on rooftops not to mention the skill based matchmaking. AW =worst CoD of all time

25. Post
    BO3 felt like I was running through sewage with a tiger tank strapped to my back. I've always preferred faster movement/higher jumping in fps, dating all the way back to using speed modifiers in UT. I played 2 weeks of AW again before buying BO3 on special, and couldn't believe how sluggish and crap the whole experience felt.

Worst COD of all time is COD3. Coming off the back of the IW's COD2, Treyarch took every single thing they'd done and made it worse.

The only good game Treyarch made imo was WAW.

26. Post
    Oddly I've never been a huge fan of the Treyarch CODs ether. Only played them because they were the COD that year. BLOPS3 was the first one I properly enjoyed. I find Infinity Ward's CODs appeal to me more.