1. Post

Posts in this thread appear as comments on the following Gameplanet article:

Read article...

2. Post
    Wowww

3. Post
    mmmm..... Tencent... The REAL biggest games company.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m5yFhJFqw5w

4. Post
    Jian Yang will now be listening in as you play. Please stand and salute grand leader Xi Jinping.

5. Post
    This news makes me sad.

6. Post
    Anyone have any discussions on whether this is a good thing or a bad thing or just neutral?

7. Post
    I'm not too bothered by it, I doubt we'll be seeing stuff like exp boosters or even the extra inventory space the chinese version of poe has, still pumped for the upcoming incursion league (june 2)

8. Post
    Chris will have bulging pockets which is good because it will inspire others (much deserved as well).

Without knowing details it's impossible to know for sure, but I suspect their business model has proven successful and their new overlords respect that and are happy just to focus on increasing exposure. In other words more of a good thing.

My main concern is that the international version may eventually become more of an afterthought (the opposite of current situation).

9. Post
    Wallaraballo wrote:
    Anyone have any discussions on whether this is a good thing or a bad thing or just neutral?
    My take, I'm curious how others feel about this slant: less concerned for the game, more concerned around just how much of NZ is owned by other countries - land, houses, businesses, local politicians, construction work. GGG is the exact sort of cutting-edge, highly productive tech industry company that NZ keeps salivating over and harping on about, then it immediately gets bought out by foreign interests as soon as it takes off.

I don't blame the studio founders for taking one hell of a payday, would've done the same, every man has his price, but still concerning for long term future of this country.

10. Post
    all hail and bow down to your Chinese Overlords. Your children will eventually just be speaking Mandarin.

11. Post
    我已经在学习

But I agree with leopardsqueezy for whatever it's worth.

12. Post
    Who can blame them. They are probably multi millionaires now.

Like any of us would do any different.

Doesn't mean it doesn't suck though. NZ is effectively controlled by foreign companies. People ask why NZ doesnt have any multi-national companies...that's because they get bought out before growing to that size.

13. Post
    Bobs wrote:
    Who can blame them. They are probably multi millionaires now.

Like any of us would do any different.

Doesn't mean it doesn't suck though. NZ is effectively controlled by foreign companies. People ask why NZ doesnt have any multi-national companies...that's because they get bought out before growing to that size.
    And get bought out they do, as NZ has no spare capital to pump into any of these potential halo companies because it's all tied up in $1.1 million stacks of mouldy weatherboards. And whenever anyone campaigns to change the state of affairs, the critical mass of politicians all band together and say "nah, we're cool with how this is". NZ's barrier to progressing and improving anything will always be our rather tragic national attitude and personal values.