Guns!

Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.
(2 votes)

1. Post
    7 sounds reasonable. It sounds like he had an A cat, but was able acquire E cat magazines/drums?

2. Post
    ClavulanateV2 wrote:
    bump.... to avoid shitting up the Chch thread

3. Post
    Indigo1 wrote:
    7 sounds reasonable. It sounds like he had an A cat, but was able acquire E cat magazines/drums?
    Yeah so as it stands I believe that you can just order high capacity magazines over the internet without verification, not sure how it would work in store. And it's not like an A cat AR is any different to an E cat in terms of magazines it will accept.

4. Post
    I believe these kind of rifles that allow this kinda of high capacity mag should be gone also. I know the few ruin it for the many, most AR-15 users are law abiding like reb, I respect that. But it only takes one for this shit to happen and it should never ****ing happen. Look I get it , he could just use something else but I don't know. Shit has to change. These guns at least need to be policed a lot more. Limited ammo or something. High capacity mags should be out right banned off the face of the planet for Joe public.

My little cousin was down there, saw a lot of shit. So my feelings towards it are wound up pretty tight.

5. Post
    New Zealand shooters manifesto

he posed the question "Why did you choose firearms?". His response? "I could have chosen any weapon or means. A TATP filled rental van, Household flour, a method of dispersion and an ignition source. A ballpeen hammer and a wooden shield. Gas, fire, vehicular attacks, plane attacks, any means were available. I had the will and I had the resources.

I chose firearms for the effect it would have on social discourse, the extra media coverage they would provide and the affect it could have on the politics of the United States and thereby the political situation of the world. The US is torn into many factions by its second amendment, along state, social, cultural and, most importantly, racial lines.

With enough pressure the left wing within the United states will seek to abolish the second amendment, and the right wing within the US will see this as an attack on their very freedom and liberty. This attempted abolishment of rights by the left will result in a dramatic polarization of the people in the United States and eventually a fracturing of the US along cultural and racial lines."

the ****er choose NZ because NZ is a relatively peaceful and harmonious country in order to cause as much anger. It was all aimed at the general culture war

6. Post
    It will be interesting to see how he got an FAL. It would seem he also has a fair bit of disposable income. Bluffing his way through a FAL and money would indicate he is smarter than your usual skinhead.

While I agree with reviewing the firearms laws (the A-cat with an e-cat mag has always been ridiculous) I hope the Police (and government) don't go charging after firearms to cover up potential police and government (intelligence) failings.

It would not surprise me if centerfire semis become straight up E-cat, high capacity mags like those drums get banned. tbh I'm ok with this. That said the ban-guns-outright brigade will be out there big time. So there is gonna be a shit-fight.

7. Post
    His manifesto implies he made enough money off the Bitconnect ponzi to quit his job and travel.

8. Post
    I honestly don't know why magazines that fall into Ecat aren't restricted to holders of an Ecat license. License would just need to be sited at the point of sale.

9. Post
    I'm kind of tempted to walk down the road and see if I can buy a high cap mag over the counter from the local gun city so I can see if they've 1) changed their policy 2) understand wtf they are thinking when they sell it to an A cat holder/without checking license... it's madness tbh

also not keen to go on a watchlist though so might give it a miss

10. Post
    An AR-15 was used in Tasmania's Port Arthur killings, as well as the Sandy Hook, Las Vegas and San Bernadino massacres in the United States.
    https://www.stuff.co.nz/national/111...-terror-attack

When one type of gun is the weapon of choice in some of the world's worst mass shootings I think you need to seriously consider banning it.

11. Post
    brand wrote:
    When one type of gun is the weapon of choice in some of the world's worst mass shootings I think you need to seriously consider banning it.
    You mean handguns right?

12. Post
    Vulcan wrote:
    You mean handguns right?
    The worlds worst shootings more often than not involve AR-15s since the lifting of the assault weapons ban

But you & I have done this argument ad nauseam and will continue to do so, so whatevs.

13. Post
    Vulcan wrote:
    You mean handguns right?
    Mass shootings, not shootings.

14. Post
    KevinL wrote:
    Mass shootings, not shootings.
    Yup mass shootings, iirc the worlds worst school shooting (Virginia Tech) was done with 2 handguns. AR-15 styled rifles grab the news headlines, handguns do not. I have posted the stats before, handguns dominate mass shootings.

15. Post
    ClavulanateV2 wrote:
    But you & I have done this argument ad nauseam and will continue to do so, so whatevs.
    Yeah but facts are facts, so whatevs. I'm no AR-15 fan by the way, all my firearms are bolt and a single pump 22 (handed down through the family).

Banning AR's would not bother me. It's just I preferred we got things right from the get go, ie police worried about pistol grips over drum mags.

16. Post
    What's coming? Sensible restrictions on 8+rd magazines for sure. Perhaps making semi rifles B endorsement?

17. Post
    Blue Vein CHEESE wrote:
    What's coming? Sensible restrictions on 8+rd magazines for sure. Perhaps making semi rifles B endorsement?
    Why B and not E?

18. Post
    NZ Herald is reporting that the Attorney-General wants a full ban of semi-automatic rifles

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/a...ectid=12213269

19. Post
    that's some nice reactionary, public appeasement politics. if they really cared that much they would have done it ages ago.

20. Post
    JRS wrote:
    that's some nice reactionary, public appeasement politics. if they really cared that much they would have done it ages ago.
    this will go down like nz's port arthur most likely. dont think anyone is surprised really

21. Post
    KevinL wrote:
    NZ Herald is reporting that the Attorney-General wants a full ban of semi-automatic rifles

I think that's a good start.

22. Post
    KevinL wrote:

From the article
    "The fourth person who was arrested yesterday was a member of the public who was in a possession of a firearm, but with the intention of assisting police," Ardern said.
    I understand he actually discharged a couple of shots at the Subaru with a shotgun.

The comments from Attorney General are disappointing, someone in his position should have the sense to look at a problem critically instead he comes our with an emotional statement calling for a ban on all semi-automatic firearms.

23. Post
    her position*

24. Post
    Mek7 wrote:
    From the article

I understand he actually discharged a couple of shots at the Subaru with a shotgun.

The comments from Attorney General are disappointing, someone in his position should have the sense to look at a problem critically instead he comes our with an emotional statement calling for a ban on all semi-automatic firearms.
    Is this the same as the report I heard that someone had just picked up a shooters gun and started shooting back?

25. Post
    Mek7 wrote:
    I agree - I hope he isn't, but he is possibly politicising it and using yesterdays events to adopt a preconceived agenda...