Guns!

Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.
(2 votes)
Results 1,151 to 1,166 of 1166

1. Post
    Mufasanz wrote:
    I can. Give it six months someone will import the AR style rifles they use in the U.K.
    Shhhh..... Don't let them know. Need to wait until we can see the grey areas of the rushed law.

MegaManX wrote:
    Because there is no register or log of who owns these "MSSA" type guns or whatever, does that mean people can just hold on to them? If the government doesn't know you own it, then I guess some more hardline people won't feel the need to hand them in?

Also, how much compliance can we expect from a Hand back now, Reimbursement later at whatever value the government decides approach?

I just can't figure out how effective this new law will be, if its so reliant on people being honest and not being able to put an accurate value on the buy back scheme.

The UK government did the same thing. They gave a third of the rifles value. That'd go done like a cup of cold sick.

Vulcan wrote:
    Wow it sounds like the vetting process was a complete failure for this guy, no at home interview, and referees were a couple of guys he met in a chat room. Police will have a lot to answer for if this is the case.

Lol. The police failed in aramoana. They came out Scott free. They'll do it again.
    swazi wrote:
    Guess Ill be buying a pump action and lever action, unless theyre on the shit list too.
    Same. Until the gun grabbers come for them. See Australia right now.

2. Post
    Guess I'll be getting a glock and a mech tech unless the government decides to lol pistols are banned too.

3. Post
    Semis, shotguns, pistols, jesus are there even any guns left by this point?

4. Post
    CODChimera wrote:
    I'd rather some nut job comes at me with his bare hands than a gun. I may still die. But I like my odds more.

5. Post
    Paddles wrote:
    I'd rather some nut job comes at me with his bare hands than a gun. I may still die. But I like my odds more.
    What if he has a crossbow?

6. Post
    CODChimera wrote:
    What if he has a crossbow?
    Ban them after I die to honour my needless death and prevent further similar crossbow death cases please.

My father wanted me to have a crossbow when I was younger. Think he just wanted it for himself under excuse but answering to a wife in marriage.

He had firearms. :P He's a good marksman. Never got that crossbow. But I'd sacrifice the right to have it so as to not die.

Heck - I'd sacrifice a longbow too.

7. Post
    Paddles wrote:
    Ban them after I die to honour my needless death and prevent further similar crossbow death cases please.

My father wanted me to have a crossbow when I was younger. Think he just wanted it for himself under excuse but answering to a wife in marriage.

He had firearms. :P He's a good marksman. Never got that crossbow. But I'd sacrifice the right to have it so as to not die.

Heck - I'd sacrifice a longbow too.
    Alright I'll get started on the paperwork now.

8. Post
    CODChimera wrote:
    No. That's the whole point. Monopoly on violence.

9. Post
    Mr sika wrote:
    Monopoly on force by "the coercive arm of the state" Chris Cahill, 2018.

That man is really a piece of work...

10. Post
    kierbear wrote:
    Trust a gun supporter to make what sounds like a threat in response to legislation.
    I clearly meant by vote you retard, specifically the "after her term is up". Get a grip of yourself.

11. Post
    Th3WhiteKnight wrote:
    Monopoly on force by "the coercive arm of the state" Chris Cahill, 2018.

That man is really a piece of work...
    Yup. He's a liar alright. The worst of th eloloce all concentrated in one idiot.

12. Post
    Mr sika wrote:
    That's what a state is. Every single democratic state.

If you're not at declared war with that state - what's the problem?

You need guns to protect yourself from government soldiers in helicopters with tanks and thermo with radar tech? Really?

13. Post
    Paddles wrote:
    That's what a state is. Every single democratic state.

If you're not at declared war with that state - what's the problem?

You need guns to protect yourself from soldiers in helicopters with tanks and thermo with radar tech? Really?
    My issue is with Chris Cahill's comment that "police are the coercive arm of the state". That is disgusting, people are protesting against Nazis well Chris Cahill is clearly one of them given that attitude. That man is dangerous.

14. Post
    Th3WhiteKnight wrote:
    My issue is with Chris Cahill's comment that "police are the coercive arm of the state". That is disgusting, people are protesting against Nazis well Chris Cahill is clearly one of them given that attitude. That man is dangerous.
    HC sheriffs, police and military are the strong arm of the law. Every single politics student in this country is taught that as a fact from the leftist, liberalist - most cuddly liberal academics you can imagine.

The state has a legal monopoly on violence. This is a fact in democratic theory.

Else sovereignty is just a dream.

The physical winners write the laws. This is law. It is politics. We just typically root for and support the democratic freedom fighters...

If 1688 hadn't happened, we may still have a Queen (or king) with serious powers... It's how it works...

15. Post
    Interesting. The arms act was amended to revoke e and c category endorsements on 17 January

16. Post
    Paddles wrote:
    You need guns to protect yourself from government soldiers in helicopters with tanks and thermo with radar tech? Really?

Guerilla warfare doesn't work like conventional warfare. There's many modern examples of that kind tech failing to win wars. Also, you can add in the military fracturing due to beliefs of government and the people.