Fallout 76

Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average.
(3 votes)

1. Post
    meh

2. Post
    Online survival game.

#NotMyFallout

Then again, it's not been my Fallout for a while now. Obsidian did what they could, but Bethesda have very different ideas about what Fallout is. Sadly they get to dictate the direction even though they've made the worst 2 games in the core series. Which are not bad games, and certainly have their merits, but Bethesda has no intention of making deep RPGs anymore.

3. Post
    ChrisB wrote:
    Online survival game.

#NotMyFallout

Then again, it's not been my Fallout for a while now. Obsidian did what they could, but Bethesda have very different ideas about what Fallout is. Sadly they get to dictate the direction even though they've made the worst 2 games in the core series. Which are not bad games, and certainly have their merits, but Bethesda has no intention of making deep RPGs anymore.
    Feels like they have left that to other companies now.

4. Post
    gikar wrote:
    Feels like they have left that to other companies now.
    Very true, I just wish they didn't have control of one of my favourite franchises.

5. Post
    yeahboiwahoo wrote:
    Sandbox multiplayer survival game done by a studio that has some semblance of ability sounds pretty good to me.
    Yeah it has potential and giving the main Faillout series a break could be a good idea.

6. Post
    CODChimera wrote:
    Faillout
    Can't tell if pun due to hating the series or just a typo

7. Post
    Will judge when the truth comes out.

8. Post
    would be super keen for a Fallout meets DayZ type game tbh

9. Post
    Gwarden wrote:
    Can't tell if pun due to hating the series or just a typo
    Shieeeeet that is a typo lol.

10. Post
    ^Lol I thought it was deliberate lol. It would be accurate for FO4 lol.

ClavulanateV2 wrote:
    would be super keen for a Fallout meets DayZ type game tbh
    Yeah agreed. Fallout would be the perfect setting for a survival game.

11. Post
    There was a post on 4chan 6 months ago they correctly predicted the name fallout 76 so they have inside information

They said this game was a fallout themed rust copy

So think of games like rust, ark dayz etc thatwhat this game is however expect there is some story in there itís not 100% just pvp

12. Post
    sounds like it could be fallout battle royale. base building could be similar to fortnite.

13. Post
    Bloodline wrote:
    Will judge when the truth comes out.
    Very much this: if done well, the essence of the Fallout universe has always been survival and such, building from the rubble...it fits it in theory at least.

If it's fun and has cool lore to fill in the 2097->FO1 gaps...****ing mint if you ask me.

I know ESO cops a lot of shit everywhere, but it's got some of the coolest lore and story elements out of any TES game, and I stand by that being a TES mega veteran.

14. Post
    ClavulanateV2 wrote:
    I know I could just google this, but with the goal of getting a comprehensive answer: is there anything like EasyTuTu for fallout 1 & 2? Secondly, are there any essential mods (other than that, if it exists) that one should look into before playing the games. Have never played the originals outside of the demos as far as I remember
    The Steam and GOG version work perfectly in Windows 7,8,10 (for me)

Fallout - http://www.nma-fallout.com/resources...es-and-mods.8/

Fallout 2 - http://www.nma-fallout.com/resources...-installer.10/

15. Post
    I feel like publisher meetings must go like that comic strip where the one guy gets thrown out of the building at the end..

CEO: all the kids are into unknown player royal battles, zombies and mining crafting these days! what franchise can we tap to get in on this low-effort gravy train!
    Dev1: Call of Duty!
    Dev2: Fallout!
    Dev3: I don't think we should be watering down our tentpole franchises to jump on some multiplayer flavour of the month when we could be bringing more of what players loved about them, and coming up with new creative ways to push them further...

16. Post
    Lol you say that like there is even a glimmer of a chance the fallout fanboys wouldnt have a huge sook over anything bethesda makes.

17. Post
    Bet it wont be as good as Interstate 76

18. Post
    ChrisB wrote:
    #NotMyFallout

I knew this thread would turn into a whinge fest. We haven't seen anything except a CGI trailerfor god sake!

19. Post
    ChrisB wrote:
    Very true, I just wish they didn't have control of one of my favourite franchises.
    Feel the same. Loved Fallout 2, Fallout 3 was meh, New Vegas was better and I didn't bother with 4.

20. Post
    TLoU Factions multiplayer is still my #1 multiplayer game of all time, and if you told me that before I purchased TLoU I would of laughed my ass off.

Me: "Multiplayer in TLoU? Get that ****ing shit out of my SP game!"

Me after 100 hours with TLoU MP: "****, this is some dank ass multiplayer...holy shit I love nail bombs and combat shotguns."

21. Post
    jords wrote:

I knew this thread would turn into a whinge fest. We haven't seen anything except a CGI trailerfor god sake!
    Because their track record has been so stellar with the franchise since they purchased it? The ONLY way this will be any good is if they literally completely change how they make, design, and publish their games. Their 2 entries are literally the very worst in the core series. What credit should I be giving them?
    Should I also give Ewe Boll credit for any upcoming movie because I've not seen it?

22. Post
    Opinions are a funny thing. People tend to think that they are fact.

23. Post
    Indeed.
    Your/My/That person over there's reality is not anyone elses.
    Bethesda makes terrible RPGs. Its made the only disappointing core Fallout games. Brotherhood of Steel and Fallout Tactics are a whole different kettle of fish.

24. Post
    jords wrote:

How dare people be passionate about things, gaiz.

25. Post
    ChrisB wrote:
    Indeed.
    Your/My/That person over there's reality is not anyone elses.
    Bethesda makes terrible RPGs. Its made the only disappointing core Fallout games. Brotherhood of Steel and Fallout Tactics are a whole different kettle of fish.
    But there are a lot of people on the other side of the fence also. So which reality is It?