Fallout 76

Thread Rating: 9 votes, 5.00 average.
(9 votes)
Results 1,126 to 1,150 of 1264

1. Post
    hahaha Badsesda just cannot help themselves anymore

https://youtu.be/RZ_gitrVffk

2. Post
    Meh, this is a non-story. If you buy cosmetics you deserve to be ripped off imo. They can charge whatever they want.
    No one is being taken advantage of. This is entitlement rage. You're not owed anything here. If the cost is too high then dont buy it. The market will eventually decide. Beth will not want to dam the ongoing revenue stream, in fact they are likely relying on it.
    If they want to charge $100 for a glossy skin they can. You can choose not to buy it. Not buying is the best protest.
    Last edited by ChrisB; 19th December 2018 at 2:59 pm.

3. Post
    ChrisB wrote:
    If they want to charge $100 for a glossy skin they can. You can choose not to buy it. Not buying is the best protest.
    Then I would promote outcry if it helps deter people from throwing money at these sorts of micro transactions and practices. Kind of comes under the same banner of not letting publishers/devs get away with these practices. Especially if there's some kind of fraud involved (if what YongYea is reporting is true, artificial pricing etc.).

Sometimes people need to have a little fuel thrown on the fire. Awareness etc.

4. Post
    imagine if parents didn't give their credit cards to kids, no one would be able to sell micro transactions anymore

5. Post
    The real crime here is that they haven't added more dumb poses for photomode

6. Post
    Rii wrote:
    Then I would promote outcry if it helps deter people from throwing money at these sorts of micro transactions and practices. Kind of comes under the same banner of not letting publishers/devs get away with these practices. Especially if there's some kind of fraud involved (if what YongYea is reporting is true, artificial pricing etc.).

Sometimes people need to have a little fuel thrown on the fire. Awareness etc.
    The thing is what YY is saying is not fraud. It's not even dishonest. If the intended or RRP is X then you can promote it as being x% discounted if you are below that. It's only problematic if it never gets to that retail price, or was never intended to.
    What he is complaining about it basically how EVERY retailer markets items with "introductory" "seasonal" or "new release" prices.

By all means decry the cost, but this level of outrage is silly. Just don't buy it. YY too often becomes a rage tuber. It hurts him in terms of trust, but I assume viewers eat it up.

I think the prices are utterly insane, but I also have no issue with Bethesda asking whatever they want for them. The market will sort it out eventually. They either wont sell so prices will drop, or Bethesda prove that the price is right and people buy them.

I expect they're making decent money in the Atom store because we've seen no shift in pricing, or any special sales outside of these themed items.

7. Post
    If you're dumb enough to buy this shit or let your kids buy it you deserve to get ripped off.

8. Post
    SirGrim wrote:
    imagine if parents didn't give their credit cards to kids, no one would be able to sell micro transactions anymore
    You'd still have thousands of grown ass adults dropping money to buy premium currency and card packs in sports games every year. I know a guy in his 40's who spent $600 USD buying loot crates in both PS4 and Xb1 versions of Destiny 1.

9. Post
    https://fallout.bethesda.net/article...cember-19-2018

FALLOUT 76: INSIDE THE VAULT – DECEMBER 19, 2018
    2018 is coming to a close, but we’re excited to share a little more with you about what you can expect in 2019. Today’s hotfix was the last planned update of the year, but we are still actively investigating and addressing issues and listening to your feedback. In January we’ll be back with more updates and news on what new content we’re excited to share with you.

A LOOK AHEAD TO 2019
    Our sights are set for future updates. In mid-January, we will be releasing another patch that contains many fixes, including fixes for the Lever-Action Rifle reload animation, some perk cards, and we’re dealing some crowd control at the Whitespring by implementing a fix for the robots duplicating on the resort grounds. Full patch notes will be available at a later date that covers all the fixes featured in this update.

We understand that sometimes the patch notes themselves aren’t enough, and you want to know why we’re making certain balance changes or adjustment. Beginning in 2019, patch notes will include some brief thoughts from our developers that hopefully gives the community more insight into the changes we’re making and why.

We’re also hard at work on a new mode where you can work together, or not, without PVP restrictions. We’re already having fun playing it at the office and we’re hopeful to roll it out to all of you sometime in the first quarter of the year.

This is just the beginning of new content and continued updates. We’ll have a lot more to share throughout 2019.

10. Post
    Beth giving away the classic FO games for free if you logged in to FO76 https://www.pcgamer.com/fallout-76-p...ee-next-month/

They've been given away many times before (I got them thru the GOG giveaway) and apparently were a pre-order bonus for FO76 so... yay, I guess?

11. Post
    something something you get a real fallout game with fallout 76 now

12. Post
    Hey now, Fallout 76 is a real Fallout game. It's just a really shit one but that hardly makes it unique. Maybe Brotherhood of Steel should be added just to make people feel better and see that maybe 76 isn't the worst thing to happen to the franchise. Although I guess that point could be argued.

13. Post
    I tried to track down a copy of brotherhood of steel but it goes for silly money these days

14. Post
    The XBox version is much cheaper than the PS2 version. I've owned both (but never owned either system at any point in my life), but sold them years ago when I ditched all my retro console crap.

15. Post
    PS4 version is now down to $48 on Mighty Ape. How low can it go?

16. Post
    Wait till it goes F2P

17. Post
    Bethesda cheapening out even on booze bottles. Fallout themed rum, "Nuka Dark". The drink comes in a standard liquor bottle with a plastic shell around it.

18. Post
    Must suck for the team at Bethseda. I fully believe they wanted create something unique and exciting. No one goes into this wanting to make a bad game. Sometimes it just doesn't work.

19. Post
    Valeyard wrote:
    Must suck for the team at Bethseda. I fully believe they wanted create something unique and exciting. No one goes into this wanting to make a bad game. Sometimes it just doesn't work.
    I think you're being way too over generous lol. It was nothing but a cash grab lol. Also "unique" is the last word I'd ever use to describe a BGS game lol

20. Post
    Ins0mn1ac wrote:
    I think you're being way too over generous lol. It was nothing but a cash grab lol. Also "unique" is the last word I'd ever use to describe a BGS game lol
    Oh please continue with you inside knowledge at Bethesda.

21. Post
    Ins0mn1ac wrote:
    I always find the use of the term "cash grab" to be problematic. It's dismissive and in almost every case woefully inaccurate. I am not fan of Fallout 76, in fact I recently discovered my review is the most critical out there and has the lowest score. So it's safe to say I am not about to defend Bethesda for the shitshow that 76 is.
    That being said, the whole cash grab line is utter bullshit. Ignorant, dismissive, utter bullshit.

Every commercial game is a product the producer wants the consumer to buy. they're not developed and released as a favour to gamers. They are strictly made as a form of entertainment that the consumer pays for so the company making it can earn an income and all going well a profit. The idea that any game is more or less targeted than any other in this regard is idiotic. EVERY game is about making money for the company that released it. EVERY SINGLE ONE!

But we're not done yet. EVERY game is also hoping to exploit a niche, trend, demographic, under-serviced area, or something else. This goes back to the making money part. They want an audience to engage and invest time and money in their product. Every game does this. EVERY SINGLE ONE! Fallout 76 is no different.

The notion of cash-grab insinuates that it was a low effort endeavour. The (at least) three years in development shows that to be untrue.

76 is the result of a developer doing what it's always done while inserting a feature set they've never dealt with before. This provided a whole bunch of new challenges it was unable to deal with causing the whole thing to fall over. They did try to make something unique and different. Sure its leveraging the popularity of the online survival game genre, but so what? Its new to Fallout and Bethesda and it's the real reason the game failed. Their inexperience, or misjudging of what people wanted is the real problem here. The technical failures are a different issue entirely. 76 could have worked. In fact it should have worked, but too many compromises were made, or they hit issues they were not able to completely (or partially) resolve.

Lastly the notion that BGS games are not "unique" is ignoring reality or at least slanting it. Unique games are rare, but Bethesda does make games that are different to everyone else. Or to be more accurate, Bethesda made games that were unique to them and overt the past decade other developers have taken aspects of the Beth formula and inserted them into their own games. Give credit where it's due. Bethesda is the reason why open-word RPGs exist. They did not invent them, but they refined them and popularized them. Morrowind, Oblivion, and Fallout 3 provided something that really did not exist in the RPG space. So in that regard they were unique.

by all means give 76 shit, it deserves it but don't conflate its failings beyond what they actually are. BGS ****ed up a lot of things, and have a number of things to be called out for, and a number of years they've been doing it, but don't invent bullshit to throw at them there is more than enough they've actually produced themselves.

22. Post
    ^ok "cash grab" may not have been the right words but to me they are milking the Fallout name for all its worth & don't seem to have any intention of making their games better.

Anyway I don't take this shit as seriously as you & cbf'd so I'm done lol.

23. Post
    The guy is a couple dollars off, but his point is pretty clear.

Name:  Capturemmmmmmmmmmm.JPG
Views: 81
Size:  86.0 KB

24. Post
    Here's the personal experiences of a Youtuber who ordered that Fallout rum in a cheap shit bottle.

25. Post
    i'm only playing this game again once several major updates happen