Assassin's Creed Odyssey

Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.
(1 vote)

1. Post
    Odyssey is so progressive, it has representation of autistic people.

2. Post
    This game is fantastic.

El Penor needs help getting stains out.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Assassin's CreedŽ Odyssey2018-10-4-18-14-5.jpg 
Views:	36 
Size:	381.5 KB 
ID:	224008

A smug Applebee's waiter.

Name:	Assassin's CreedŽ Odyssey2018-10-7-2-22-33.jpg 
Views:	40 
Size:	151.2 KB 
ID:	224009

Assassin's Creed and Splinter Cell are in the same universe, confirmed.

Name:	Assassin's CreedŽ Odyssey2018-10-10-2-34-38.jpg 
Views:	43 
Size:	130.3 KB 
ID:	224010

Still better than Isohunt.

Name:	Assassin's CreedŽ Odyssey2018-10-19-18-36-18.jpg 
Views:	40 
Size:	312.5 KB 
ID:	224011

Name:	Assassin's CreedŽ Odyssey2018-10-19-18-41-43.jpg 
Views:	37 
Size:	475.0 KB 
ID:	224012

There is an actual dildo FedEx quest in this game. This isn't it.

Name:	Assassin's CreedŽ Odyssey2018-11-15-20-40-39.jpg 
Views:	41 
Size:	734.3 KB 
ID:	224013

Objective marker of the beast.

Name:	Assassin's CreedŽ Odyssey2018-11-18-1-21-52.jpg 
Views:	38 
Size:	525.8 KB 
ID:	224014

3. Post
    I just finished the main story after about 73 hours. One of the best games I ever played. Shame it won't win GOTy cause everyone is up Rockstars ass

4. Post
    IMO even Origins is better than RDR2, this is still on my to play list

5. Post
    I'm sure RDR2 will be better once it's playable on KB+M in 2019. I've heard so many nightmare stories about the controls on console.

6. Post
    I took about 80 hours, and finished it last week. Was great fun. Was a bit origins+ i think, but if it had come out next year i wouldn't have felt that way.

Certainly a fun game, no regerts, but i have to be honest and say it didn't feel assassins creedy. Much like Black Flag, this could / should have been a new franchise.

7. Post
    Yes, Its does not feel that much like AC Game but still, Ubisoft has to developed them self in the gaming industry that's why they are trying new things in their games. Without changing the name of franchise

8. Post
    one_red_god wrote:
    Certainly a fun game, no regerts, but i have to be honest and say it didn't feel assassins creedy. Much like Black Flag, this could / should have been a new franchise.
    I dunno about Origins but backstabby stealth is very much a valid play style in Odyssey. Parkour is still king as well. That's pretty much peak Assassin's Creed IMO.

In terms of the storyline? Not so much but I've always thought that series' overarching story was shit and have never cared about it. Only about 3% of the game is the modern day setting filled with a bunch of nobody characters, you can largely ignore them so I'm happy.

9. Post
    Damn I regret buying Origins over the weekend even though it was on sale. I usually hate the Ass Creed games but everyone said this was much better but I don't think it is. Only played a few hours & bored already. Probably bad idea playing it right after the masterpiece that is RDR2 lol. Origins is just so dull & generic in comparison.

10. Post
    Origins is a masterpiece in it's own right bro. Its a fanstastic game, give it another go

11. Post
    Far from dull and generic.

12. Post
    Ins0mn1ac wrote:
    Damn I regret buying Origins over the weekend even though it was on sale. I usually hate the Ass Creed games but everyone said this was much better but I don't think it is. Only played a few hours & bored already. Probably bad idea playing it right after the masterpiece that is RDR2 lol. Origins is just so dull & generic in comparison.
    Then post in the origins thread?

It's a good game, but if you have played other Assassin's creed games and didn't enjoy them, why would you bother?

Maybe AC games arnt for you

13. Post
    ^Couldn't be assed searching for it lol. I heard they changed lots of things & made it alot better than the older games. Plus RE2 remake is the only game I'm looking forward to in the near future so there is a bit of a drought for me until then.

@ludez & jords - I think I'm just suffering a bit from open world fatigue and should've waited a bit before playing another open world game so soon after rdr2 lol. I wont give up on it just yet, I might just need to give it more time to get into it.

14. Post
    I can dig that, i felt the same playing rdr2 after odyssey, played a few hours and was meh, will try again after summer, or maybe when it comes out on pc

15. Post
    Just picked up Origins right after RDR2 as well (down to $35 at JB hi-fi). Having a blast so far, looking forward to Odyssey even more.

16. Post
    Even I am not brave enough to play 2 Open World RPG's in a row.

17. Post
    I did Shadow of Tomb Raider then into Odyssey. Now back into forza horizon for a change. But i really asked for some punishment by pre ordering just cause 4, on PC. What could possibly go wrong?

18. Post
    Heard this game is too grindy

19. Post
    If you literally want to smash out just the story then you'll need to grind abit, but if you explore do a few side missions, you won't have a problem, I was often a level or two above where I needed to be without too much work

20. Post
    I didn't find it too bad, certainly not as bad as I'd imagined based of some of the reviews, but there is a bit of a grind there.

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

21. Post
    I didn't find it grindy. In fact I'd say this was my favourite game this year (unless you include the re-release of Original Sin 2)

22. Post
    Can someone pls explain to me whats so great about Origins and why its stands out over other open world games? I'm just not seeing is so far lol. It seems pretty formulaic & standard to me so far after about 5 hours play time.

23. Post
    It's more to do with the fact it's a big open world and it's Egypt which hasn't really been in many games. I wonder why did they remove the shields and stuff in odyssey tbh.

24. Post
    Ins0mn1ac wrote:
    Can someone pls explain to me whats so great about Origins and why its stands out over other open world games? I'm just not seeing is so far lol. It seems pretty formulaic & standard to me so far after about 5 hours play time.
    Stop pushing it if you don't like it. Seems your not a fan of AC anymore. Origins and Odyssey amazing, to you there not. *shrug*

25. Post
    jords wrote:
    Stop pushing it if you don't like it. Seems your not a fan of AC anymore. Origins and Odyssey amazing, to you there not. *shrug*
    I'm not pushing it, I'm trying my best to like it. I'm just asking for people to list a few reasons that make this game so good to them & what differentiates it from every other open world game.

I've never been a fan of AC games btw (tried 1.2 & 4 and didnt like them) but was willing to give this a go based on all the praise for it.