Assassin's Creed Odyssey

Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.
(1 vote)

1. Post
    Yeah I'm keen as for this

2. Post
    (thisissparta.gif)

3. Post
    I think it looks good. Deftly more RPG than Origins. And I like the way they're doing the male and female thing. It's not totally custom, so it will still work.

4. Post
    one_red_god wrote:
    I'm in

Is it pre or post origins?
    Before

5. Post
    ineresting. Wonder how it ties into the assassins. Or does it just not, and uses the precursor weapon (the spear) as it's macguffin

6. Post
    Yea it's about the first civilization I think.

7. Post
    That's a preorder.

8. Post
    pyronical wrote:
    That's a preorder.
    I thought you called EB and just told them to put a pre-order on E3?

9. Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	AssassinsCreed_Medusa_ZOOM.png 
Views:	99 
Size:	602.1 KB 
ID:	222243

10. Post
    Gwarden wrote:
    Oh good I was just thinking the world did not have enough Assassins Creed games
    YOU DONT LIKE A THING I DO! WORD VOMIT.....
    Is that how I do it G?

So this has branching dialogue... interesting. Very interesting.

11. Post

Name:	EveryThreadEver.gif 
Views:	88 
Size:	902.5 KB 
ID:	222244

12. Post
    pyronical wrote:
    That's a preorder.
    liar

13. Post
    Ok, so it looks like they're really pushing the RPG elements this time. I wonder if that means they will be pulling even further away from the modern day shenanigans. I certainly hope so.
    I am intrigued about this new direction. I was so very done with this series but Origins sucked me back in, and this looks like it may keep me in for another spin. If they keep evolving the series that should help to keep it fresh for me at least.

14. Post
    ChrisB wrote:
    Ok, so it looks like they're really pushing the RPG elements this time. I wonder if that means they will be pulling even further away from the modern day shenanigans. I certainly hope so.
    I am intrigued about this new direction. I was so very done with this series but Origins sucked me back in, and this looks like it may keep me in for another spin. If they keep evolving the series that should help to keep it fresh for me at least.
    Origins was great for me till I realised how shallow the rpgness was like gear and weapons. A lot locked behind a paywall

15. Post
    ludez wrote:
    Origins was great for me till I realised how shallow the rpgness was like gear and weapons. A lot locked behind a paywall
    I never engaged with the store at all, and had more than enough gear to dominate. Not a fan of stores at all, but in this case it had no effect on my game.
    I had no issue with the "rpg depth" as I was expecting none at all. This was always a pure action/stealth adventure series. So I only saw them as ad-ons, but I understand the frustration.

16. Post
    ChrisB wrote:
    I never engaged with the store at all, and had more than enough gear to dominate. Not a fan of stores at all, but in this case it had no effect on my game.
    I had no issue with the "rpg depth" as I was expecting none at all. This was always a pure action/stealth adventure series. So I only saw them as ad-ons, but I understand the frustration.
    I was meaning more like clothing customisation etc.

17. Post
    ludez wrote:
    I was meaning more like clothing customisation etc.
    never cared about the cosmetics. The upgrades I got for my armour suited me just fine.

18. Post
    ChrisB wrote:
    never cared about the cosmetics. The upgrades I got for my armour suited me just fine.
    I'm all for the cosmetics and making my character look cool.

19. Post
    ludez wrote:
    All the best armour could be earned easily

20. Post
    jords wrote:
    All the best armour could be earned easily
    This, I dunno where the paywall comment comes in, I didn't spend a cent on the game and got awesome armour and weapons from playing, the paid stuff is basically just skins

21. Post
    The thing that annoyed me was assassinating some dude, then having him only lose half his health, turn around and smack you in the face.

22. Post
    I watched some game play. I think I will put this one on the wait list. Ubi look like they're falling into the old trap of releasing a game far too similar to their last entry. I am interested, but I will need at least another year before I wade back into this universe, especially when the gameplay is virtually identical despite the new rpgness of certain aspects.

23. Post
    EB Games stopped stocking PC CEs, they lost a customer.

Collector's Edition with statue on lock. PC version with all the DLC.

Name:	Capture.JPG 
Views:	109 
Size:	112.1 KB 
ID:	222607

24. Post
    EvaUnit02 wrote:
    I hope this means that there'll be no character statue. I don't want to buy another shelving unit.
    EvaUnit02 wrote:
    EB Games stopped stocking PC CEs, they lost a customer.

Collector's Edition with statue on lock. PC version with all the DLC.

Name:	Capture.JPG 
Views:	109 
Size:	112.1 KB 
ID:	222607

25. Post
    And? I've bought the AC Collector's Editions for the character statues consistently for the last 9 years. I'll now have to buy a book shelf for my game swag before year's end.