Assassin's Creed Odyssey

Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.
(1 vote)

1. Post
    Ubisoft’s mostly annual Assassin’s Creed series is taking next year off, CEO Yves Guillemot said in an interview with Gamespot.

Guillemot said “we are not going to have a full-fledged Assassin’s next year” and explained that the publisher will instead focus its efforts on developing new content for Assassin’s Creed Odyssey, which is scheduled for release on Oct. 5.

Ubisoft released a new entry in the Assassin’s Creed franchise every year between 2009 and 2015. The company took a year off in 2016, after the bug-plagued launch of Assassin’s Creed Unity and a tepid reception to Assassin’s Creed Syndicate. At the time, Ubisoft said the development teams were “stepping back and re-examining the Assassin’s Creed franchise.”

Assassin’s Creed returned in 2017 with Origins, a well-received game that was strongly supported with post-release content for the better part of a year. According to Eurogamer, Ubisoft may have something similarly substantive for Odyssey, with a rumored Atlantis-themed expansion in the works.

This year’s Assassin’s Creed Odyssey takes the series to ancient Greece. It stars Alexios and Kassandra, a pair of Spartan warriors, and will include a strong role-playing element through dialogue choices and customizable combat with an expanded skill tree.
    https://www.polygon.com/2018/8/22/17...g-2019-ubisoft

2. Post
    Probably for the best. Yearly franchises tend to lose their impact.

3. Post
    Odyssey looks dope can't wait for that after Spiderman and Red Dead, and Tomb Raider and Dragon Quest, and Horizon and God of War

*tears*

4. Post
    Haven't been this hype for an AC since AC3 (which ended up ultimately being dissappointing).

I can't deal with all the games coming out in the next couple of months though.

D2: Forsaken, Spiderman, Dragon Quest, Odyssey, Red Dead 2. What the actual ****.

5. Post
    Ramza wrote:
    Haven't been this hype for an AC since AC3 (which ended up ultimately being dissappointing).

I can't deal with all the games coming out in the next couple of months though.

D2: Forsaken
    What's kept you invested in Destiny 2? Are you going to get the Year 2 season pass?

6. Post
    EvaUnit02 wrote:
    What's kept you invested in Destiny 2? Are you going to get the Year 2 season pass?
    Several things, previous investment which includes friends, clan mates, love of the original game.

That said, I take regular long breaks from Destiny whenever I get burned out on it. Once the D2 honeymoon phase ended and all my friends quit I essentially dropped the game until Warmind came out and Bungie began fixing its mess. It's still a work in progress, but Forsaken actually looks really good with the opening of weapon slots and the return of random rolls, essentially Bungie have spent the year from May onward slowly readding features from the original that they never should have removed. They're also improving their communication with fans although they are no Digital extremes.

To answer your other question, no. I haven't even pre-ordered though I probably will pick it up before launch. The season pass doesn't appeal to me in the slightest after the debacle that was Curse of Osirus. As far as I'm aware, the two releases are small pieces of non story content. I need way more information than that before I plonk money for them. If its anything like the first two expansions, Bungie has no idea what that content even is yet.

7. Post
    IST wrote:
    I wish there was an AC style game set in Rome (about the time of Julius Caesar) where you play an angry Gaulish infiltrator who murders his way up the ranks after taking the place of a legionary in the sacking of some town...so pretty much Assassins Creed Asterix: The Game
    Ancient Rome will very likely feature at some point, it's too obvious to overlook that.

Although of course Origins took place during the roman era, just not in Rome itself.

Anyway, this game looks great. The classical era is my favourite historical time period so the more the merrier. Fallout becomes less of an RPG by the year while AC becomes more of one.

8. Post
    Fallout becomes less of an RPG by the year while AC becomes more of one.
    This is 100% true, it's quite uncanny.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

9. Post
    Bobs wrote:
    Ancient Rome will very likely feature at some point, it's too obvious to overlook that.
    I wouldn't be surprised. They'd have so many art assets that they could just copy-paste from the Ancient Egypt and Ancient Greece games.

10. Post
    I feel the season pass is going to be quite extensive imo

11. Post
    Name:  ac-1130351.jpeg
Views: 347
Size:  92.3 KB

12. Post
    PC specs for AC: This is Sparda. Less than a month until release!
    We are very pleased to share with you today some more information on the PC specs for Assassin's Creed Odyssey. As was already the case for Assassin's Creed Origins, the PC version is not a port of the console versions of the game, but a tailored experience developed by a dedicated team at Ubisoft Kiev in close collaboration with Ubisoft Québec, the lead studio on Odyssey. Having a dedicated team on the PC version allows us to offer the level of customization that PC players expect, which will enable them to adapt the experience to their PC configuration. The PC version of Assassin's Creed Odyssey will also include unique features not found in the console versions, such as benchmark tools to test the different graphics settings, and a toggle option for dynamic resolution rendering to uncap the framerate.

Minimum Requirements

OS: Windows 7 SP1, Windows 8.1, Windows 10 (64-bit versions only)

Processor: AMD FX 6300 @ 3.8 GHz, Intel Core i5 2400 @ 3.1 GHz, Ryzen 3 - 1200

Video: AMD Radeon R9 285 (2GB VRAM with Shader Model 5.0) or NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660

Memory: 8GB RAM

Resolution: 720p

Targeted framerate: 30 FPS

Video Preset: Low

Storage: 46GB available hard drive space

DirectX: DirectX June 2010 Redistributable

Sound: DirectX 9.0c compatible sound card with latest drivers

Recommended Specification

OS: Windows 7 SP1, Windows 8.1, Windows 10 (64-bit versions only)

Processor: AMD FX-8350 @ 4.0 GHz, Intel Core i7-3770 @ 3.5 GHz, Ryzen 5 - 1400

Video: AMD Radeon R9 290X (4GB VRAM or more with Shader Model 5.0) or better or NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970 (4GB) – See supported list*

Memory: 8GB RAM

Resolution: 1080p

Video Preset: High

Recommended 4K Configuration

Processor: AMD Ryzen 1700X @ 3.8 GHz, Intel Core i7 7700 @ 4.2 GHz

Video: AMD Vega 64, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 (8GB VRAM with Shader Model 5.0)

Memory: 16GB RAM

Resolution: 4K

Video Preset: High

*Supported video cards at time of release:

AMD Radeon R9 285/R9 380/RX 460/RX 560 or better, AMD Radeon 200/300/Fury X/400/500 series, Radeon Vega series: RX Vega 56 or better, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660/760/950/1050 or better, GeForce GTX 600/700/900/10-Series series.

Assassin's Creed Odyssey launches on PC, PS4, and Xbox One on October 5. For more information on the game, check out our previous coverage.

https://news.ubisoft.com/article/Ass...ments-Revealed

13. Post
    Wow this one crept up on me! Looking forward to release - I should be able to pick up Origins pretty cheaply!

14. Post
    Its weird that AMD FX still gets support.

15. Post

16. Post
    Madness? THIS. IS. SPARTA!

17. Post
    https://opencritic.com/game/6222/ass...-creed-odyssey

Currently tracking at 87%. Cant wait to play after RDR

18. Post
    Looking forward to it. I think it's bizzare that they released the gold edition 3 days earlier then the std edition.

19. Post
    It's the new pre order bonus. Thats what companies are doing now.

20. Post
    Watched one or 2 reviews of this. Looks like another good Assassin's Creed game with the same fighting mechanics as Origins which I enjoyed. I'll pick this up on Friday.

21. Post
    WarZoner wrote:
    Watched one or 2 reviews of this. Looks like another good Assassin's Creed game with the same fighting mechanics as Origins which I enjoyed. I'll pick this up on Friday.
    What do you do for a living brah?

Keen to get this - but too many open world games at the moment, will grab this after Red Dead

22. Post
    OMG, this is playable NOW for Aus/NZ customers!

23. Post
    EvaUnit02 wrote:
    OMG, this is playable NOW for Aus/NZ customers!
    ok, calm down

24. Post
    SirGrim wrote:
    ok, calm down