(1 vote)

1. Post
    • New Combat system
    • fleshed out weapons system
    • better mission structure
    • more open world
    • Best story since AC2 trilogy
    • Bayek is a great lead.

Those are just some of the things i liked.

2. Post
    Ins0mn1ac wrote:
    I'm not pushing it, I'm trying my best to like it. I'm just asking for people to list a few reasons that make this game so good to them & what differentiates it from every other open world game.

I've never been a fan of AC games btw (tried 1.2 & 4 and didnt like them) but was willing to give this a go based on all the praise for it.
    It's no one here's responsibility to try to prove Odyssey to you. If your mind is already made up then there are plenty of other games out there for you to try. It really does come across like you're pushing it.

3. Post
    I like it because: it's fun.

There ya go, there's your list.

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

4. Post
    I have a copy of Assassin's Creed Odyssey from a promotion, but it's locked to Australia (and maybe NZ, but I can't guarantee how they do it- anybody know for sure?).

If anybody wants it, I'd be happy to trade or sell it, but you do need an Australian Uplay account. Please PM me if you do.

5. Post
    Orz wrote:
    I have a copy of Assassin's Creed Odyssey from a promotion, but it's locked to Australia (and maybe NZ, but I can't guarantee how they do it- anybody know for sure?).

If anybody wants it, I'd be happy to trade or sell it, but you do need an Australian Uplay account. Please PM me if you do.
    Is it full disc and cover and box etc? with pictures (saying this I won Order 1882 and Disc was blank)

6. Post
    jords wrote:
    Is it full disc and cover and box etc? with pictures (saying this I won Order 1882 and Disc was blank)
    No, it's a digital copy.

7. Post
    I'm really enjoying the game so far, but I'm not sure if it beats Black Flag for my favorite AC yet..

8. Post
    One way It beats Black Flag for me is just because it doesn't have those shitty tailing missions.

9. Post
    Still have a promotional copy of this to trade/sell if anyone is interested (Uplay, needs an Australian account)

10. Post
    So I gave Origins another chance & I'm actually enjoying it quite a bit now. I think I just needed to give it more time & stop comparing it to RDR2. Once I started judging the game on its own merits I started enjoying it. Anyway I'm happy to say I finally like an Ass Creed game & will most likely get Odyssey once I've finished this
    Last edited by Ins0mn1ac; 4th December 2018 at 10:49 pm.

11. Post
    Anyone played the DLC in Odyssey yet? I still havent completed the base game but i'm tempted to get this DLC as i'm still enjoying the game. But its quite pricey.

12. Post
    NOMIS wrote:
    Anyone played the DLC in Odyssey yet? I still havent completed the base game but i'm tempted to get this DLC as i'm still enjoying the game. But its quite pricey.
    I think I'm about 60%-70% through the campaign, the game won't let me play the DLC at this point.

EDIT: you can't play it until you hit chapter 7.
    https://www.vg247.com/2018/12/04/sta...creed-odyssey/

13. Post
    Game is $55 today at EBGames.

14. Post
    jords wrote:
    Game is $55 today at EBGames.
    Tempting, but backlog says no

15. Post
    I have a copy from a Samsung SSD promotion I'd be willing to sell, but it needs an Australian Uplay account - I'm not sure if NZ counts as Australian in uplay or not

16. Post
    Enjoying odyssey so much has got me interested in getting some other AC games. Some deals on steam at the moment. the bundle seems pretty good value to get Black flag, rogue, unity and syndicate but are they all good? I was just going to get black flag at first

17. Post
    NOMIS wrote:
    Enjoying odyssey so much has got me interested in getting some other AC games. Some deals on steam at the moment. the bundle seems pretty good value to get Black flag, rogue, unity and syndicate but are they all good? I was just going to get black flag at first
    Out of those I thought syndicate was ok and black flag was amazing

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

18. Post
    Black Flag was great till it deleted my 50 hour save - still mad!

19. Post
    I picked up Unity from Dick Smith when it was going under, something like $6. It was okay, but still buggy as. Haven't played Syndicate, but i hear it's better.

Black Flag on the other hand, is my fave AC or all time. The vibe of exploring a tropical paradise was really well done, likable main character with a bit of personality, and great naval combat.

20. Post
    Coming from someone who never really like the AC games Black Flag was pretty good but for some reason I lost interest 3/4 of the way through. Should go back sometime & finish it.

Much to my surprise I'm really enjoying Origins atm as well.

21. Post
    My only advice is do not attempt all the map filler. There is too much game outside of the main quest line. I would focus on that. It's pretty lengthy and you can always go back to the other stuff. I know a few people who got open-world fatigue before finishing the story (for both Origin, and Odyssey) which would be a shame as they are really good stories.

22. Post
    After over 200 hours I've beaten the game and all current DLC. What a game, certainly my GotY. The first paid DLC "Legacy of the First Blade: Hunted" was high quality stuff, unlike the rather shit DLC which Far Cry 5 received. The next lot of free DLC is speculated to drop on Jan 10th, including the 3rd copypasta cyclops boss and the next "Lost Tales of Greece" quest.

I've started up Origins, as expected it's much of the same as Odyssey, which is fine by me. The skill tree certainly looks messier in this game and I think there might be less focus on active abilities and cooldowns in this game, still very early days.

23. Post
    ^remember which one came first. The tree in Odyssey seemed to me like they found what they didn’t like and fixed it.

24. Post
    I'm about 6 hours into Odyssey. So far It's more like the Witcher than AC. It's really fun & compulsive & the graphics are sensational.

25. Post
    gneiss wrote:
    ^remember which one came first. The tree in Odyssey seemed to me like they found what they didnít like and fixed it.
    I'm well aware of that. Odyssey is certainly more of a proper RPG than Origins. Origins game systems feel like they took an action game and shoehorned in some RPG leveling for enemies and gear. You can do one hit kills with bow headshots or assassination takedowns on yellow elite enemies if they're within your current level. The game feel like Witcher 3-lite married with skill progression from Far Cry 3/4. The fact that one of the DLCs includes a free booster to lv 45 is very telling.

Bear in mind I'm not saying that the game is bad, it's very much the opposite (very good). I'm already enthralled by it and can see myself investing more 200+ hours into it like I just did with Odyssey.
    Last edited by EvaUnit02; 1st January 2019 at 7:09 pm.