Assassin's Creed Odyssey

Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.
(1 vote)
Page 1 of 13 123411 ... Last

1. Post

Posts in this thread appear as comments on the following Gameplanet article:

Read article...

2. Post

Assassin's Creed Odyssey

Ubisoft posted a "See you at E3" teaser on twitter. Thus confirming the existence of AC: Odyssey. Most likely coming in late 2018.

https://twitter.com/assassinscreed/s...31391789617152

3. Post
    Oh good I was just thinking the world did not have enough Assassins Creed games

4. Post
    Gwarden wrote:
    Oh good I was just thinking the world did not have enough Assassins Creed games
    At least they are mixing it up a bit. Last game was pretty good, this one almost sounds like an RPG.

5. Post
    Name:  1sRD.gif
Views: 1040
Size:  459.9 KB

6. Post
    i'm keen

Played every other one, so, what's one more !

7. Post
    Assassins Creed vs Mario

8. Post
    They should put out a new prince of persia game. Hasn't been a new mainline one since 2008 instead of putting out yet another AC game.

I'll prolly still pick this up even if there's been countless AC games.

9. Post
    Maybe they should just make watch dogs creed already

10. Post
    Must be time to pick up fully patched versions of Syndicate and Origins.

11. Post
    Apparently, you'll be able to play as either a male or a female protagonist

So, what do they mean by this? Like, creating a character does not really gel well with the lore of the game being you are using DNA to see someone else life. But if they're doing it like they did with Syn, where you had two main characters, then am all for it. I just don't think a player making characters, really fits with AC, but I guess we will see how it goes.

12. Post
    Do they really want to run the series into the ground yet again by going back to annual releases, eh?

It'll be funny if Assassin's Creed has evolved into a proper RPG but Fallout has devolved into an old formula Ubisoft open world game.

Jagji56 wrote:
    Apparently, you'll be able to play as either a male or a female protagonist
    I hope this means that there'll be no character statue. I don't want to buy another shelving unit.

13. Post
    EvaUnit02 wrote:
    I hope this means that there'll be no character statue. I don't want to buy another shelving unit.
    Didn't stop Syndicate. They will replace a statue of the male protag.

14. Post
    If they get rid of the Animus bullshit I might start playing them.

15. Post
    arr wrote:
    that's not gonna happen

16. Post
    arr wrote:
    Dude, that's half the point of them. What do you have against the modern stuff anyway? Some of the best parts of AC have happened becuse of the moden stuff.

17. Post
    I enjoyed the new character in ACO.

18. Post
    arr wrote:
    True!!! Thankfully they've been scaling it back of late.
    The "real world" bullshit is by far the worst part of all of the games. Woefully executed hokey sci-fi. It's so badly written in most of the games that it actively detracts from the universe they've built.
    The silly factor in the ancient settings is much easier to digest due to the disconnect between the fantasy they're building, but when they try to fold in the modern stories it all falls apart because it's far more familiar to the player. The juxtaposition between the two settings and the jarring nature of the transition between them actively detract from the overall fantasy.
    If it was written more intelligently it may work better, but they've embraced the pulpy side of sci-fi instead. Which is a shame.
    The only reason it's there is to explain the "gamey" restrictions, and tbh it's not needed.

19. Post
    I wish there was an AC style game set in Rome (about the time of Julius Caesar) where you play an angry Gaulish infiltrator who murders his way up the ranks after taking the place of a legionary in the sacking of some town...so pretty much Assassins Creed Asterix: The Game

20. Post
    IST wrote:
    I wish there was an AC style game set in Rome (about the time of Julius Caesar) where you play an angry Gaulish infiltrator who murders his way up the ranks after taking the place of a legionary in the sacking of some town...so pretty much Assassins Creed Asterix: The Game
    So long as you can have Dogmatix as a companion

21. Post

22. Post
    Looks great, wonder how it ties into the creed.

23. Post
    I'm in

Is it pre or post origins?

24. Post
    Not feeling it feels too much like origins but I’m sure it will be an awesome game on its own but I’m still burnt out from origins maybe I will recover in time for this

25. Post

26. Post
    Preferred this one

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eSw6JeHge1Y

looks nice though