Page 1 of 2 12 Last

1. Post

heatpumps with wireless

Since Auckland can be both hell on earth as well as a frozen palace, the whanau has decided to go with some heatpumps. I was wondering if anyone has got some recommendations on wireless controllable heatpumps?

Or if you haven't gone with a wireless solution, how have you made it smarter so, for example, if someone wants to have the house nice a cozy, we can do so, remotely?

Any help/guidance on this will be greatly appreciated.

Churr.

2. Post
    These are a cheap way to add smarts to an existing heatpump. Or there is this method if you're a bit more hardcore.

Don't buy a new heatpump without wifi.

3. Post
    I have a ducted system (Mitsubishi PEA-RP100EA2) which uses some proprietary interface, no IR that I can see, and not compatible with their official wifi controller. Won't work with e.g. Nest either.

Tempted to resort to one of these: https://www.androidpolice.com/2018/0...h-button-home/

4. Post
    I have a futijitsu one, though I barely ever use the wireless bit, works perfectly whenever I do
    FUJITSU ASTG09KMCB WIFI E3

5. Post
    I have a $20 Broadlink RM Mini 3 which works with google home as well.

6. Post
    I have the RM Pro and it doesn't work properly with my heatpump for some strange reason.

7. Post
    I'd look into Mitsi and their wireless hardware. Their app seems pretty good, with added options for setting rules as well as monitoring house temp and turning it on and off remotely.

Demo here: http://www.mitsubishi-electric.co.nz...?demo=1#online

8. Post
    We had 4 heat pumps installed for the home in April this year.

2 of these for the lounge and man cave
    https://www.fujitsugeneral.com.au/pr...0kw(c)-6.0kw(h)

2 of these for my son's room and the master bedroom.
    https://www.fujitsugeneral.com.au/pr...5kw(c)-3.2kw(h)

The Fujitsu wireless app works really well and we rarely use the remotes. Easy to program schedules from the app and convenient being able to control all 4 anywhere in the house or offsite from our phones.

The plan was to get 1 wireless and 3 non wireless models but decided to go full wireless and wife agrees was the best decision.

Last edited by Kidona; 4th June 2018 at 8:27 pm.

9. Post
    Sigh... the father has gone and bought some panasonic ones without wireless. Ah well. Time to get that pod and try to do it using that

Thanks guys.

10. Post
    try sensibo... seems to work with my mitsubishi electric heatpump and Alexa...

11. Post
    Can confirm Fujitsu heatpumps are awesome, about the same price as other brands as well. Got a wireless E3 one with 6KW of heating for $2400 installed earlier this year

12. Post
    hamsap wrote:
    try sensibo... seems to work with my mitsubishi electric heatpump and Alexa...
    Thanks for the heads up. Working mint with Google Home.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

13. Post
    How do you get google home ? Everytime I try it's like its restricted to the US.
    I even tried a US VPN & youshop address, but it doesn't go through on the google store.

14. Post
    Unsettled wrote:
    How do you get google home ? Everytime I try it's like its restricted to the US.
    I even tried a US VPN & youshop address, but it doesn't go through on the google store.
    I grabbed a home speaker off Trademe. The guy lived down the road so drove over there and picked it up. Followed instructions to setup and seemed to work using my Gmail email address which is set to NZ location.

Some stuff not working in NZ like making calls etc and you can't pair with a Harmony Hub if set to NZ Location/Language, had to change to Aussie initially to pair with my Harmony Hub.

I'm testing with an Alexa also and the response times to carry out a command seem to be much faster on an Alexa but each has their strengths so probably best to have both units sitting in your room to be honest. Better to have 2 friends then one

15. Post
    I found it on the dick smith website, so got one from there. Thanks!

16. Post
    Unsettled wrote:
    I found it on the dick smith website, so got one from there. Thanks!
    Oh mint, let me know how you find it once you've got it up and running.

17. Post
    I bought mine from the states, but that was a year and a half ago. I noticed BH Photo now won't send them here. Never had any localisation problems with it.

New favourite thing is controlling my Chromecast Ultra with it. I like that you can just ask it to play a show and it knows whether it is on Netflix without you having to specify that. If you ask it to play something from Youtube it gives you a bunch of numbered options.

I wouldn't really bother with my Heatpump as it is usually set and forget and is on 24/7 most of the year.

18. Post
    HELL KNIGHT wrote:
    I bought mine from the states, but that was a year and a half ago. I noticed BH Photo now won't send them here. Never had any localisation problems with it.

New favourite thing is controlling my Chromecast Ultra with it. I like that you can just ask it to play a show and it knows whether it is on Netflix without you having to specify that. If you ask it to play something from Youtube it gives you a bunch of numbered options.

I wouldn't really bother with my Heatpump as it is usually set and forget and is on 24/7 most of the year.
    I'm using an NVIDIA shield and Google Home can only cast Youtube to it. Unfortunately Netflix and Plex not supported yet which is a shame, you have to use the Shield Remote or Controller to activate voice commands on Shields built-in Google Assistant which works natively for all those applications but defeats the purpose of the Home Speaker so hopefully Google can release a fix for that soon.

As a work around Alexa seems to be working for Plex casting to Shield but still need to get netflix working.

19. Post
    Home Assistant, broadlink RM Mini3 and google home with a non-smart IR remote heatpump

Have voice control and away from home control, as well as automatic shutdown etc. Adding reminders to close the doors if they are left open while the heat pump is running.

Phone screenshot:

20. Post
    I looked at using Home Assistant awhile back when the RM Pro wasn't natively supported by Google Home. Might need to give it another look, because even though I can voice control my Broadlink Smart Plugs with it. It has stopped working with the RM Pro.

Broadlink's app is still able to control everything - even telling Google Home to sync with it doesn't fix it, despite in not giving any error response, though it does when I try to control my Broadlink light switch interestingly enough.

I wish I could wind back the update that caused it to break. Also, Broadlink needs to hire better coders and test things properly before releasing them, they have a lot of complaints about breaking peoples perfectly functioning systems after updates.

I now have to push a button on a remote to open my driveway gates, instead of just giving a voice command! - first world tech-head problems.

21. Post
    I got the sensibo. Works a treat from my phone, without any other 'smart home' stuff.

22. Post
    I've got some older Panasonic ones in the house I've moved too. Big units outside (heats about 100sqm up stairs and around 80sqm down).

Can you just buy updated heat pump inside units without changing the outside bits? Is it worth it?

These are around 5-7yrs old. Timing function sucks, no wifi. They go really well however.

23. Post
    MysticNZ wrote:
    I've got some older Panasonic ones in the house I've moved too. Big units outside (heats about 100sqm up stairs and around 80sqm down).

Can you just buy updated heat pump inside units without changing the outside bits? Is it worth it?

These are around 5-7yrs old. Timing function sucks, no wifi. They go really well however.
    You could just keep them and buy a sensibo or two

24. Post
    zippy wrote:
    You could just keep them and buy a sensibo or two
    Well that's easy...

25. Post
    Looking a getting a heatpump for a new build.

Anyone had any experiences with Fujitsu Cassettes.
    Quote from building company was for a FUJITSU AUTG18LVLA Cassette System - $4.3k installed.