Page 2 of 2 First 12

1. Post
    Is it just doing living area or? I went ducted and love it. Not cheap mind you, but does offer a whole house heating solution. Have only seen two cassette heatpumps, ever. All I see is high wall units and ducted. Doesn't really answer your question I guess. But if you can tweak there budget a bit, it could be worth looking into.

2. Post
    Yeah if it's a new build I'd 100% go ducted.

I see the odd cassette system here, but it's generally in very low budget builds or retrofits where high wall/ducted won't fit. They're fugly af.

3. Post
    Tandarra wrote:
    Looking a getting a heatpump for a new build.

Anyone had any experiences with Fujitsu Cassettes.
    Quote from building company was for a FUJITSU AUTG18LVLA Cassette System - $4.3k installed.
    I got a fujitsu ARTG30LHTA ducted system in my new build for just under 10k including install so seems expensive for a cassette servicing a single room?
    When I got quotes from multiple places Oxygen Air were really good to deal with and price was competitive, maybe ask them for a quote?

4. Post
    Fragluton wrote:
    Is it just doing living area or? I went ducted and love it. Not cheap mind you, but does offer a whole house heating solution. Have only seen two cassette heatpumps, ever. All I see is high wall units and ducted. Doesn't really answer your question I guess. But if you can tweak there budget a bit, it could be worth looking into.
    The house is intended to be a rental whilst I keep working and traveling overseas and partner takes a gap year to teach in japan next year, so I had just asked about a rough quote of heatpump options and yeah the intent was just the main living area.

The same Fujitsu ducted system was quoted for 9.7k installed, where a quick look seems you could pick up a ducted ARTA30 4 bed kit for about 6.1k then installation on top.

Shame of it is if I was home I could install it myself,

Cheers for the heads up on ducted I'll do some more looking and quotes, maybe I'll can the idea till I can do it myself and i'm actually living in it.

5. Post
    zippy wrote:
    You could just keep them and buy a sensibo or two
    Just got these today. Will let you know how they go.

6. Post
    They are fairly good. be nice if they did all the features of the heat pump like quiet mode, etc.

7. Post
    Unsettled wrote:
    They are fairly good. be nice if they did all the features of the heat pump like quiet mode, etc.
    Yeah. Mine are pretty basic so all good. I set one up at work and it works well.

8. Post
    They're pretty great, I feel they should be cheaper though. But they $50.00 cheaper than pebbles which aren't as good

9. Post
    KevinL wrote:
    I have a ducted system (Mitsubishi PEA-RP100EA2) which uses some proprietary interface, no IR that I can see, and not compatible with their official wifi controller. Won't work with e.g. Nest either.

Tempted to resort to one of these: https://www.androidpolice.com/2018/0...h-button-home/
    I've been looking into some simple home automation (have some smart sockets and wireless security, but cbf interfacing with the c-bus system currently installed) and did some more investigating

Contacted the NZ developer and it turns out my 2008 AC system will work with the wifi controller, despite the Australian help desk's repeated assurances that it isn't supported - placed an order and should be here tomorrow. Integrates with Google Home too, which suits me just fine

Thanks straya, you cost me another year of having to get up off the couch to change the AC settings