Page 2 of 2 First 12

1. Post
    Bloody wrote:
    odd timeline and background

does that mean the transformers were already on earth? I mean they originally were sleek futuristic flying discs etc and only took on Earth shapes to hide and blend in. Some of the dialogue says they are still on Cybertron fighting their war? So they went to Earth, got changed to their human earth forms, and then went back?
    I thought Bumblebee was the scout for the Autobots on earth?

2. Post
    yes he was on earth way before all the other autobots. So that is fine but Ravage , Optimus etc was not on earth before that. I mean we SAW in the first movie Optimus crashing down and scanning the truck and trailer he was going to become.

3. Post
    Bloody wrote:
    yes he was on earth way before all the other autobots. So that is fine but Ravage , Optimus etc was not on earth before that. I mean we SAW in the first movie Optimus crashing down and scanning the truck and trailer he was going to become.
    Did you check out the international trailer?

Spoiler:

4. Post
    Actually looks pretty good. Comes out same day as Aquaman tho iirc so might see it the following week.

5. Post
    Valeyard wrote:
    International trailer has some different footage.

international trailer makes me hyped

6. Post
    Ins0mn1ac wrote:
    Actually looks pretty good. Comes out same day as Aquaman tho iirc so might see it the following week.
    DCU is dead now? ... so there is that as well … this will just make sure it is!

7. Post
    Anyone know whats going with the release date. Hoyts and Event Cinemas say December 20th but then i've seen adverts say December 12th. I know there's some advanced screenings today as well. I checked Event Cinemas and it seems they have limited screenings on the 12th. But then there's nothing on Hoyts for that day.

8. Post
    96% on rotten tomatoes. They actually made a good transformers movie.

9. Post
    Its a miracle!! Never thought I'd live to see the day lol.

10. Post
    AJ going against popular opinion & shitting on this movie. I actually agree with most of his reviews so not sure about this one.

11. Post
    So apparently the UK and AU got modified versions of the movie. Both countries ratings boards originally gave the movie an M before it got edited to be PG (skipped a few details). I wonder if ours is cut too.

12. Post
    Ins0mn1ac wrote:
    AJ going against popular opinion & shitting on this movie. I actually agree with most of his reviews so not sure about this one.

Stop! he's gross.

13. Post
    Saw it today, definitely better than typical bayformers. I regret not seeing it in imax though, it was very very badly edited. Multiple scenes had transformers or humans talking with half their heads missing because certain scenes clearly were made for imax. Either that or the projectionist at hoyts did something wrong (if that’s a thing, dunno how things work up there).

14. Post
    Rambaldi wrote:
    Saw it today, definitely better than typical bayformers. I regret not seeing it in imax though, it was very very badly edited. Multiple scenes had transformers or humans talking with half their heads missing because certain scenes clearly were made for imax. Either that or the projectionist at hoyts did something wrong (if thatís a thing, dunno how things work up there).
    I think you had a shitty projectionist. I just watched it today at Hoyts Wairau. (Didn't see anything with half of their heads missing) It's much better than any of the transformers that Bay directed.

15. Post
    WarZoner wrote:
    I think you had a shitty projectionist. I just watched it today at Hoyts Wairau. (Didn't see anything with half of their heads missing) It's much better than any of the transformers that Bay directed.
    Oh that’s the same cinema I saw it at, in cinema 4. I’ll have to go mention it to them I guess. And yes, definitely much better than Bayformers

16. Post
    I was in cinema 3

17. Post
    Ahh yup, I prefer 3 to 4 but was a last minute call and that’s where it was

18. Post
    I saw it in 4 on Sunday, can't say I noticed anything.. although 8 year old me was in charge and smiling the whole movie

19. Post
    This is the movie we should have got right from the start.

I was in my happy place for the entire time.

And the soundtrack well it was perfect

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

20. Post
    Rambaldi wrote:
    Oh that’s the same cinema I saw it at, in cinema 4. I’ll have to go mention it to them I guess. And yes, definitely much better than Bayformers
    I saw it at Hoyts Whangaparaoa, and it was clipping the top of the screen as well.......... wonder if they have a dodgy copy......

21. Post
    so many tropes.

22. Post
    You know it's interesting when the first 3 minutes of a film is better than the entire 5 films that preceded it. Not that it was a high bar. It wasn't a great film but it was a fun good one. I agree with gikar slightly, if this had been the first transformers film originally it would have been perfect.