Page 1 of 2 12 Last

1. Post

Merch by amazon

Hi

last week I started uploading my designs to the platform and I only watched few videos on youtube and how people can make money from it. I have plenty of free time during and after work and can put in the hours to make T shirts designs..

any1 here using it?

is it worth it?

thanks

2. Post
    t shirt sells = you get royalty

hope this helps

3. Post
    Just signed up. Up to 60 day wait for approval, so... will wait and see.

4. Post
    Aren't there a tonne of t shirt sites like that? Threadless, Spreadshirt, CafePress, Zazzle, Redbubble etc. How is this one different?

5. Post
    new to me ^

@mancubus: I requested invitation 10 days ago and within 2 days I got accepted. I thought it would take months..

6. Post
    link to designs?

7. Post
    still under review by amazon staff, i only did 2 designs

8. Post
    My "would you do a jailbait?" design is still pending. Wtf is taking so long?!

9. Post
    Just got approved. So you can only upload 1 submission per day and have 10 products on sale at any one time - I can understand the whole submission limit, but only 10 products? Laaaaaaame.

10. Post
    I think once you sell 10 shirts they will let you upload 25, then 50, 100 then all the way to 1000 (I think) at any one time..

looking at merchinformer.com and some shirts are averaging 2500 sold units per month, thats like around 6000USD from a single design per month...

Find a top selling shirt, redesign it, sell it for $12.99 with almost no royalty for you to get people to buy your design and get reviews so you move up in the ranks..

11. Post
    Uploaded my first image. Now we wait for the millions to roll in.

12. Post
    lol

Im not expecting a single sale the first few months tbh

13. Post
    Jeez they take their time reviewing designs!

14. Post
    TECHNOVIKING wrote:
    Aren't there a tonne of t shirt sites like that? Threadless, Spreadshirt, CafePress, Zazzle, Redbubble etc. How is this one different?
    Exposure to biggest online market place, more distribution capabilities. Although some of those T shirt makers, perhaps one or two you mentioned are quite decent.

Looks like some set rules so no confusion about what I assume is copyright/IP issues. (Also general restricted content too I guess).

Anyone had a design fail the checks, what happens if you just put a character from a video game on it for example ?
    How about fan art and that whole debate regarding copyright ?

I think some of you might be going into the T Shirt industry blissfully unaware, having the best looking design at damn near any price point probably attributes to a minute fraction of converting sales. I think it would be extremely tough to sell something like four T shirts per week. Keen to be proven wrong though tbh, and kudos for attempting.

15. Post
    First submission accepted and now live.

Only took me 10 minutes to design, so absolutely nothing to lose tbh.

16. Post
    How naive to think you can just copy an existing design and become a millionaire.

There is a very clear content policy of which the very first point is about copying existing trademarks and such.

17. Post
    Until this thread has links its a bloody disgrace.

18. Post
    Whats the pay compared to Redbubble

19. Post
    Unsettled wrote:
    Until this thread has links its a bloody disgrace.
    People get pretty lame about that stuff around here, I'd be keen to see some too though

20. Post
    Bump. I made a cheesy name and shop. Buy my shit I'm poor. Swedish swear words are fun.

https://shop.spreadshirt.com/doomcatcult

21. Post
    "My "would you do a jailbait?" design is still pending. Wtf is taking so long?!"

This is against their Terms Of Service, anything even mildly offensive, swear words etc etc
    So easy to get your account banned, need to read up on what you can and can't post there.

To be any kind of successful on Merch, expect to have 100-200 or even better 1000 unique designs up.
    Good luck not being banned, and they have an itchy trigger finger. Don't even get near the line, let alone cross it.
    You can be banned for having the wrong words in title or bullet points once too often.

There's a merch subreddit.

22. Post
    When I made my eshop with Spreadshirt it was instant, just have to tick a box saying it's a non copyright image.

23. Post
    Mancubus wrote:
    Jeez they take their time reviewing designs!
    how much money did you make?

24. Post
    Zero dollars.

25. Post
    I'm supposed to make $1 per shirt. I ordered one and a friend ordered one. Yay.