Next Xbox codenamed "Scarlet"

Thread Rating: 5 votes, 5.00 average.
(5 votes)
Page 5 of 5 First ... 2345

1. Post
    Sounds quite similar. Both are ryzen 2 based, both have an SSD / optane drive, both have Ray tracing, diff will be how custom they make their chips and I guess cooling and clock speed

2. Post
    It's cool AMD is getting the attention it needs again, Intel held the high ground for too long and things started stagnating.

Also those game/demo clips in that reveal video looked terrible for something they were hyping a ton.

3. Post
    ludez wrote:
    Remember mainstream people can barely afford $500 for a new console.
    The same people who spend $1000+ on the latest flagship model phones. Sure bro.

4. Post
    I'm pretty sure "mainstream people" are kids and teens in the US, which is their biggest market, not adults. Hell even in Mexico I saw no one over the age of 20 playing Xbox, it's all kids and teens below that and xbox is massive there compared to PS and PC.

The majority of kids and teens aren't rocking the latest phones unless they're from wealthier or stupid families.

5. Post
    EvaUnit02 wrote:
    The same people who spend $1000+ on the latest flagship model phones. Sure bro.
    As I said earlier most people who do get $1000 phones get them on plans, and when the new one comes out roll them over. I work in a game shop I understand the audience pretty well to be fair

6. Post
    Pxndx wrote:
    I'm pretty sure "mainstream people" are kids and teens in the US, which is their biggest market, not adults. Hell even in Mexico I saw no one over the age of 20 playing Xbox, it's all kids and teens below that and xbox is massive there compared to PS and PC.
    How do those kids afford clothes and food?

Oh yeah, those adults that live with them and earn all the money.

7. Post
    Isn't the average gamer like 32ish?

It's a hobby with a distinctly aging population: which is cool I reckon..more mature games to mix with the lighter family orientated stuff.

Best of both worlds.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

8. Post
    According to gamefaqs as of a year ago "Gamers age 18 or older represent 72 percent of the video game-playing population, and the average gamer is 35 years old."

And it was 37 (in the US at least) a few years ago.

9. Post
    ludez wrote:
    As I said earlier most people who do get $1000 phones get them on plans, and when the new one comes out roll them over. I work in a game shop I understand the audience pretty well to be fair
    Have you brought a $1000 phone lately?

Not much discount unless you are going onto a massive plan

10. Post
    Pennywiser NZ wrote:
    Have you brought a $1000 phone lately?

Not much discount unless you are going onto a massive plan
    Nope I never spend much on phones. My manager worked and managed at noel leeming and has managed eb for over 10 years so gave me a big insight into the modern way of purchasing phones and the trend of console buyer etc