Xbox Series (X)

Thread Rating: 6 votes, 5.00 average.
(6 votes)

1. Post
    ludez wrote:
    Microsoft is going to come out swinging this Gen. I'm picking it's going to be like 360/ps3
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	tenor.gif 
Views:	226 
Size:	578.4 KB 
ID:	227822

2. Post
    I'm hopeful they will have the more powerful machine. As for who sells more consoles, I could care less. Given both will sell in the millions, it isn't a case of developers not wanting to develop on their platform.

3. Post
    Be interesting to see what happens. But saying they're a bit behind schedule doesn't sound so good.

4. Post
    ludez wrote:
    Microsoft is going to come out swinging this Gen. I'm picking it's going to be like 360/ps3
    I dunno man, the 360 had a full year headstart on the PS3 and still got beat.

5. Post
    They can come out with a machine that does 60fps 4k hdr11+ dolby 3.57 take the dog for a walk and make perfect fried eggs in the morning but they'll still get beat this next gen unless they got the shit hot titles to back it up.
    Halo 6-10 Forza 9 - 12 Gears 7-12 aint gonna cut it.
    Where's the Spidermans, the Bloodbornes, the Last of Us MS?

6. Post
    GeneralZod wrote:
    Halo 6-10 Forza 9 - 12 Gears 7-12 aint gonna cut it.
    Where's the Spidermans, the Bloodbornes, the Last of Us MS?
    Don't forgot about those smash hits Crackdown 3, State of Decay 2 and Sea of Thieves lol

7. Post
    I'd say they will keep the big names under wraps for now

8. Post
    They've been absorbing some really good studios.

They really need to sort out the xbox OS though, what a hot steaming pile of mess it has been.

9. Post
    3dfx_ownd_joo wrote:
    They've been absorbing some really good studios.

They really need to sort out the xbox OS though, what a hot steaming pile of mess it has been.
    Yep, coming from the PS4 one to that was a shock

10. Post
    Black Plague*** wrote:
    Yep, coming from the PS4 one to that was a shock
    Sony needs to sort out it's OS as well. It's become very slow, though I assume a hardware upgrade is all it needs which is coming

11. Post
    Great article from Windows Central on the specs of Scarlett.

Microsoft is gearing up to reveal Xbox "Scarlett" in full in the near future, and we've finally got some credible information on the target specs. We believe the information we've received below from multiple sources, but as always, take these rumors with a pinch of salt until we get official confirmation from Microsoft itself. Plans can and do change as we move towards production. Xbox Scarlett is due to launch in 2020, in time for the holiday season.

In the 2019 reveal video, Xbox cloud architect Kareem Choudhry said Scarlett could "eat monsters for breakfast," and indeed, Anaconda looks as though it will be able to. According to several sources familiar with Microsoft's plans, Anaconda is targeting around 12 teraflops (TF) of computing power, compared to the Xbox One X's 6TF, and the Xbox One S's 1.2. Lockhart conversely will sport around 4TF, and according to marketing materials we've seen previously, it is being positioned as the most-affordable entry point to next-gen experiences.

Both Lockhart and Anaconda reportedly sport eight CPU cores targetting around 3.5GHz, with Anaconda reaching a bit higher per core than Lockhart. The relatively modest increase in clock speed over the previous-gen systems may seem mild, but vast improvements to caching, new silicon architecture, and other general bespoke, proprietary optimizations will see Anaconda perform anywhere up to four to five times better than the Xbox One X, if targets are met. We're told that Scarlett will guarantee 13GB of RAM for games, with 3GB on the OS a total of 16GB. The X, by comparison, offered a "maximum" of 9GB for games, which often varied based on what the OS was doing.

Games with load times anywhere up to a minute will be reduced to mere seconds as a result of these SSDs, and the inclusion of Project XCloud across all Xbox systems will allow you to start gaming via streaming while waiting for games to download locally.
    https://www.windowscentral.com/xbox-...lockhart-specs

12. Post
    meanwhile developers are vomiting over themselves. having to build games for a base 4tf machine has them wanting to jump off buildings.
    I hope it's not true, a 4tf console is going to pull the whole industry down once again.

13. Post
    SirGrim wrote:
    meanwhile developers are vomiting over themselves. having to build games for a base 4tf machine has them wanting to jump off buildings.
    I hope it's not true, a 4tf console is going to pull the whole industry down once again.
    Yeah, hopefully they're not going to make Lockhart a 4k console if it has a weaker GPU than the One X

14. Post
    I want to pre-order NOAW!

15. Post
    Blitz^ wrote:
    I want to pre-order NOAW!
    Then do it?

https://www.mightyape.co.nz/product/...nsole/30472387

16. Post
    According Reddit this is it?

17. Post
    Quite a departure from the traditional look of a console, it looks like a Gamecube giving another Gamecube a piggyback.

18. Post
    Looks like a mini-itx case.

19. Post
    HELL KNIGHT wrote:
    Looks like a mini-itx case.
    Because it's just a PC with a locked down OS.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ELopfPIUEAA3d3z.jpg 
Views:	28 
Size:	63.1 KB 
ID:	227871

20. Post
    LMAO They manage to screw up the name and design

And the controller looks exactly the same

21. Post
    SirGrim wrote:
    LMAO They manage to screw up the name and design

And the controller looks exactly the same
    No point Changing the best controller ever made.

However yes what in the actual **** is Xbox series x. I mean Jesus.

Also it's basically a square Mac mini?

22. Post
    Christmas 2020?? Worry about that shit next year. Apparetly the GPU is only 2x the performance of the Xbox One X which seems a little low for 4k/120 which is what they're boasting about.

23. Post
    Looks like a mini itx PC or home theater PC.

24. Post
    Looks like a Corsair one. I dig it.

25. Post
    So some specs from gamespots interview

CPU: AMD Zen 2, no specs given - 4 times higher performance than Xbox One X CPU
    GPU: AMD Navi 2, only specs given is that it's 12 Teraflops, double Xbox One X Gpu
    Memory: GDDR6 no total or bandwidth given
    Storage: Nvme SSD

So the cpu is weaker than expected while the gpu is more powerful than expected.
    The GPU appears to faster than the 5700xt AMDs current fastest graphics card.
    While the CPU I guess is either limited to 8 threads or is clocked very low.

The design philosophy seems to be having just enough cpu power to bypass bottlenecks and putting the rest into the graphics card.