Xbox Series (X)

Thread Rating: 6 votes, 5.00 average.
(6 votes)
Page 8 of 9 First ... 56789 Last

1. Post
    Is Microsoft heading down the same first party road again?

343, the developers of Halo Infinite has recently lost of its Creative Director and Lead Producer after both resigned from the company while the game is still in production.

Hopefully not a sign of things to come. The last thing we want from Microsoft is another generation of cancelled and mediocre titles

2. Post
    Say hello to 400mm2 dies of next gen silicon

3. Post
    We need a petition to change the name of the the thread to "Xbox (no, not that one!)"

4. Post
    BURN_BABY wrote:
    We need a petition to change the name of the the thread to "Xbox (no, not that one!)"

5. Post
    What we need is a Chinese version, so we get Xbox SeXC !

6. Post
    Looks like someone at Microsoft got sick of all the fake Series X pictures and has leaked the real deal.

Hilariously the back has a serial number sticker - which means whoever was given this machine is about to get fired as they will be tracked down.

Rear

Name:  gizj55znl8c41.jpg
Views: 468
Size:  181.3 KB

Front

Last edited by SirGrim; 22nd January 2020 at 7:35 pm.

7. Post
    it really is meant to be stood up eh look at the xbox logo,

8. Post
    This is the first console that I'm hyped for since the 360.

9. Post
    Rii wrote:
    This is the first console that I'm hyped for since the 360.
    I loves the 360 also, but can't see what has you so hype.

If I do indeed pick one of these up, All I see is me having to buy a new entertainment unit because my OCD would never allow a 90 degree Xbox logo.
    Last edited by matt8485; 23rd January 2020 at 6:33 pm.

10. Post
    The 360 was a gem of a console too bad Microsoft ****ed it up after that.

11. Post
    Kinda get the feeling that most Xbox games would come to Windows, so it makes more sense to get the PS5.

12. Post
    Bobs wrote:
    Kinda get the feeling that most Xbox games would come to Windows, so it makes more sense to get the PS5.
    PS exclusives looking to come to PC too. Makes more sense to get a Switch.

13. Post
    EvaUnit02 wrote:
    PS exclusives looking to come to PC too. Makes more sense to get a Switch.
    Years after the fact.

By that time the hype is gone.

Switch is cool but man does it lack games, mine gathers dust for 11 months of the year

14. Post
    SirGrim wrote:
    Years after the fact.

By that time the hype is gone.

Switch is cool but man does it lack games, mine gathers dust for 11 months of the year
    Who cares about hype? Are you perpetually 15 years old?

Switch gets cool games regularly. GetSwitch gets cool games regularly. Eg Steins Gate 0, Digimon Cyber Sleuth Complete, Trails of Cold Steel 3. The first party games are mostly boring stuff for 8 year olds.

15. Post
    Some interesting words coming from EA's CEO.

Next gen consoles are a substantial increase in performance. What we've seen will blow people's minds, and what we've been able to accomplish so far. It a going to lead to big innovations not just in our games but the whole industry

16. Post
    I would ignore anything EA has to say. They only release the same games year after year, they're just hyped they'll have a new reason to sell Fifa again. That they'll end up selling two copies in some situations where some people havent upgraded and their friends need the old version as well.

No one at EA cares about the games, just how much of a bigger wallet they'll have to buy.

17. Post
    KaskadeNZ wrote:
    No one at EA cares about the games, just how much of a bigger wallet they'll have to buy.
    Agreed, They stop patching the previous EA Sports titles fairly soon after the next one, yet they release them every year. Really sucks, there's tons of bugs on NHL 19, and they would be so simple to fix, and they cause massive errors, e.g - you just spontaneously lose all your saved progress, or skip through entire seasons/years kinda bugs.

It's crazy they are still able to release EA Sports titles year after year, and the consumers aren't demanding a "FIFA Global" or "NHL Global" or whatever you would title it as. Where they would patch the game on a monthly basis, run up some cosmetic micro transactions and keep the online player base in one spot, with a nice regularly patched game, instead of just patching the game and releasing it as 'next years game' - I'd even be willing to just pay $5-10 per month as a subscription to EA Sports, and just have one solid release for each of the sports, say every 3-5 years, and actually diligently patch the game. Would do wonders for their online amateur&competitive scene, and i think it would open up opportunities for the EA Sports franchise.

They don't really respond on their dedicated bug submit forum area either.
    Screw EA.

18. Post
    BattleCrap wrote:
    It's crazy they are still able to release EA Sports titles year after year, and the consumers aren't demanding a "FIFA Global" or "NHL Global" or whatever you would title it as. Where they would patch the game on a monthly basis, run up some cosmetic micro transactions and keep the online player base in one spot, with a nice regularly patched game, instead of just patching the game and releasing it as 'next years game' - I'd even be willing to just pay $5-10 per month as a subscription to EA Sports, and just have one solid release for each of the sports, say every 3-5 years, and actually diligently patch the game.
    Because normies and/or console jockeys keep buying the annualised traditional retail games.

19. Post
    For people that spend hundreds of hours playing them every year, the $80-100 per year is nothing. The reality is from a value perspective there is nothing wrong with the current model for those that play them regularly ("normies" apparently). They typically patch them for several months after release (can only speak for FIFA and NBA 2K, both of which are patched throughout the year).

From a development perspective and user experience a single subscription-based model would be probably be far superior in the longer term, they wouldn't have to maintain servers for every iteration of the game, no fragmented player base across versions etc. Its just such a big shift that I'm sure its full of challenges/its own downsides, if they did want to go down that path.

20. Post
    Money. That is all.

They make squillions off of micro transactions for people who play Myplayer religiously each year and fork out for the next iteration of the same game and start the process again.

Why would EA fix something that ainít broke.

21. Post
    https://answers.ea.com/t5/NHL-19/Be-...ht/false#M4678

My username is now "newname2007" , they decided to ban me 4 days after I posted.

Reason, exert from email:

"We want to notify you that we found your ID, osamadeadladen, to be in violation of our User Agreement.

We have temporarily renamed your username to “Newname2007”. You can change this to an alternative name by following the steps in this article: https://help.ea.com/en/help/account/...d-or-password/

Due to the severity of this User Agreement violation, we are suspending your account for 72 hours effective immediately."

Rest of email links to TOS and gives recommendations on how to choose a new name...
    It's funny too, when I tried to create username "BattleCrap" it was declined via the account creation stage, they haven't had a problem with my username "Osamadeadladen" until after I posted that forum post. I've had that username for about 8 years. I haven't played with an online player base on an EA game for at least 3 years either.

I mean come on, really? "Osamadeadladen", it's not sexist or racist, it's merely mildly inappropriate, yet somewhat topical.
    It's kinda pro Murica too. I'm surprised they went out of their way to ban me, yet still wont respond to the bug submit properly.

EA really, really do suck.

22. Post
    Welcome to the SJW era, where you get banned for even mildly edgy jokes because you hurt someone's fefes.

23. Post
    BattleCrap wrote:
    [url]
    It's kinda pro Murica too. I'm surprised they went out of their way to ban me, yet still wont respond to the bug submit properly.

EA really, really do suck.

Yeah there is the issue, saying pro merica things is a big no no in the woke world today.

24. Post
    I don't get it. You made a stupid offensive username and managed to fly under the radar with it until you made some noise that brought you and your username to EA's attention, and you're crying because they banned your username? Are you a teenager, because only some entitled teen would be stupid enough to think that way. Bin Laden may have been one of the most hated people in the history of the Western world, but to a lot of people he's a martyr and no company wants one of those people associating stupid usernames like yours with their company. Do you even watch the news and the sh!t that happens in this world? Christ, I really can't believe you and the 2 idiots that replied to you are so stupid, no wonder why this world is in the state it is with idiots like you three living in it.

25. Post
    GiantMartianTripod wrote:
    I don't get it. You made a stupid offensive username and managed to fly under the radar
    Offensive to whom? dead terrorists? Shameful