1. Post

Wonder Woman 1984 [2019]

Wonder Woman 1984 is an upcoming American superhero film based on the DC Comics character Wonder Woman. It is intended to be the sequel to Wonder Woman (2017), and the eighth installment in the DC Extended Universe (DCEU). The film is directed by Patty Jenkins, with a screenplay by Geoff Johns, Dave Callaham and Jenkins. The script is adapted from a story written by Johns and Jenkins, and stars Gal Gadot as the titular character, with Chris Pine, Kristen Wiig and Pedro Pascal as supporting characters.
    Diana Prince conflicts with the Soviet Union during the Cold War in the 1980s, and finds a formidable foe in Barbara Ann Minerva as an antagonist.
    Wonder Woman is easily the best DCEU film so far and I'm looking forward to this sequel, the setting should be pretty interesting.

Production on the film is in full swing and we now get our first two glimpses. Chris Pine is back somehow!

2. Post
    Cautiously optimistic.

3. Post
    Beat me to it lol. I was about to post up the same stuff. Pretty sure Steve Trevor is just in Wonder Woman's head or there's some magic shit going on (if someone like Circe is in it). Looks awesome

4. Post
    Gwarden wrote:
    Wonder Woman is easily the best DCEU film so far and I'm looking forward to this sequel, the setting should be pretty interesting.
    The way you couch your opinion as objective fact is really quite amusing.

5. Post
    Shut up, Tormenta. No need for sniping.

6. Post
    Not sure about calling it Wonder Woman 1984. Why not just call it Wonder Woman 2?

7. Post
    Ins0mn1ac wrote:
    Not sure about calling it Wonder Woman 1984. Why not just call it Wonder Woman 2?
    Meh, I like it, it's a bit more creative. Plus the whole Orwellian angle might play into things.

8. Post
    I have to agree WW was the best DC movies since the second Nolan Batman.

9. Post
    Rii wrote:
    Shut up, Tormenta. No need for sniping.
    Um, eat me

10. Post
    Ins0mn1ac wrote:
    1984 is powerful number

11. Post
    Looks more 70s than 84.

12. Post
    Digging the more brightly coloured version of Wonder Woman's outfit

13. Post
    Tormenta wrote:
    The way you couch your opinion as objective fact is really quite amusing.
    He's right though.

14. Post
    Can anyone explain why all super heroes in DC (Movies and TV) always have costumes that makes them look like there wearing armour or robot skins? Always looks big and bulky.

15. Post
    ^WW looks svelte AF, wtf are you smoking

16. Post
    jords wrote:
    Can anyone explain why all super heroes in DC (Movies and TV) always have costumes that makes them look like there wearing armour or robot skins? Always looks big and bulky.
    Superman & Batman's costumes are all good & WW's outfit makes sense since shes from an ancient warrior race. I admit Flash's outfit looked like shit and they should've made it more like the TV show instead of that armoured shit. Cyborg's should've been more streamlined but wasn't that bad. I don't see a problem with the TV shows although Black Lightning's costume looks pretty shit.

17. Post
    Yea Flash always caught me as weird, the guy was supposed to be quick as **** and is wearing something unpractical. Always felt the minimalist approach worked.

18. Post
    jords wrote:
    Yea Flash always caught me as weird, the guy was supposed to be quick as **** and is wearing something unpractical. Always felt the minimalist approach worked.
    I liked how Quicksilver from Age of Ultron looked, basically like an eastern european chav coming home from soccer practice.

19. Post
    Picking it will receive great feedback about the visuals and recreation of 80's setting, and that will silence the lack of substance/plot critics.

20. Post
    Picking Lynda Carter is in it

21. Post
    Looking forward to this.

22. Post
    Ins0mn1ac wrote:
    Pretty sure Steve Trevor is just in Wonder Woman's head or there's some magic shit going on (if someone like Circe is in it).
    If he's a hallucination then I'm curious about him being decked out in 1980's fashion. Wouldn't his Great War military uniform make more sense? He's full Marty McFly here.

23. Post
    EvaUnit02 wrote:
    If he's a hallucination then I'm curious about him being decked out in 1980's fashion. Wouldn't his Great War military uniform make more sense? He's full Marty McFly here.
    Yeah that's true. If it was a hallucination she would remember him the way he looked in WW1, not in something she's never seen him in before. Would most likely be the work of some god or sorcerer then, taking on his form or resurrecting him from the dead.