1. Post

W40K: Inquisitor - Martyr

Surprised no one talked about this yet.

Have put abour 33 hours into the game so far, and finished the campaign.

Very polarising ARPG- you'll either love it or hate it.

If this is compared to other Fantasy ARPG like Diablo, Grim Dawn, Divinity: Original Sin, and Titan Quest, then there is much to be desired. Very little ability-based attacks, levelling/point system that is not meaningful enough, etc. Also, takes a while for crafting to be meaningful. Almost as if crafting is meant for end game builds.

On the other hand, this is a very good WH40K game. Very good attention to lore and the grimdark nature . Also, I enjoy the suppression mechanic, the healing mechanic, the random map generator (which you can customise your loot), and the community events.

AI is iffy. On one hand, they know to put melee tanks in front of you while shooters chip at you from behind. On the other, the AI can be easily baited.

The price is a big ask. Cheapest way to get it is humble bundle, but because of the hit-or-miss appeal of the game, the wallet safe-way is still through STEAM. But two hours are only enough to unlock portions of the game.

I can easily see someone either ranking this a 4/10 or 7/10.
    Drives like an Asian till he gets behind the wheel of a holden

2. Post
    I was very interested in this, I'm a huge fan of ARPGs going back to the original Diablo. I actually love the idea of a slower paced ARPG, while I still love Path of Exile and am enjoying the current league it would be nice to take a break from the current "zoom zoom go fast" meta that PoE currently has.

But when I was researching this game post release it seems to lack build diversity and an end game like maps or rifts. I can live without one or the other but not both.

I will continue to follow the game to see how it evolves, I will likely pick it up in a sale but can't justify a full price game that doesn't really offer me much after a one time campaign playthrough at the moment.

3. Post
    Yeah I really want to try this but it's far too expensive for what it is.

4. Post
    I am holding off until the "full" release. Seems like a lot of tweaking, balancing, and feature sets are still being worked on.

5. Post
    I just rolled my eyes at the price. I haven't got it, but I'm interested, maybe next year when its 75% off.

6. Post
    another bad thing is the need to all ways be connected to the internet ala D3.

7. Post
    To be fair, on the end game stuff:

1) the main campaign is intended to be episodic. There are at least 6 subsectors and only one is available so far. The Drukhari and Night Lords are planned for next.

2) the "tarot" random mission generator with specified reward.

3) community events geared towards mission

4) co-op.

5) "The Last Stand" mode(tho just yourself atm)

There is also include the gear crafting and modding system and the need to hunt blueprints + relic.

Edit: Also see https://steamcommunity.com/app/52743...9513769751339/

8. Post
    What's the issue with the price? Looks like a normal price for a game to me. What am I missing?

9. Post
    Gilby wrote:
    another bad thing is the need to all ways be connected to the internet ala D3.
    How is this an issue Now? I mean really. What pc gamer isn't always online. With internet being cheap for even an unlimited plan these days. Non issue.

10. Post
    ChrisB wrote:
    What's the issue with the price? Looks like a normal price for a game to me. What am I missing?
    On my end: it's a AAA title pricing, and no promises on value of future content. The last ARPG I've played through fully was Grim Dawn + AoM expansion, and I easily squeezed 100 hours out of that iirc.

11. Post
    Amoki wrote:
    On my end: it's a AAA title pricing, and no promises on value of future content. The last ARPG I've played through fully was Grim Dawn + AoM expansion, and I easily squeezed 100 hours out of that iirc.
    Its not AAA pricing though. On Steam AAA is $90-$100 NZD+
    Your call obviously, but seems fair to me. This is a fairly large team and publisher and is a multi-platform release. The cost is what I would expect.

12. Post
    Will wait for patching and some deep discounts for this one me thinks.

Amoki wrote:
    Very polarising ARPG- you'll either love it or hate it.

If this is compared to other Fantasy ARPG like Diablo, Grim Dawn, Divinity: Original Sin, .
    Original sin is turn based combat right? Not sure its fair to consider it as an ARPG. Certainly some of it predecessors like Divine Divinity and Beyond divinity were ARPGs.