1. Post
    Valeyard wrote:
    It was probably a creative decision request from Sony. Remember they still have final say over everything creative re spider-man. So maybe for whatever reason they didn't want anyone at the school get snapped/not snapped? maybe they felt it would have been too dark who knows.
    Definitely could have been that, nobody has ever accused Sony of thinking things through. I’m still hoping in the actual movie that some people were snapped, but none of them his direct friends as obvious the trailers can’t show everyone.

2. Post
    Rambaldi wrote:
    Facepalm nobody is talking about them not looking older, so why do you keep repeating the 5 minutes thing? We already know time barely passed for the snapped people. We’re questioning why there doesn’t seem to be a single non snapped person in his school/class. And yes I agree it seems to be a very convenient cop out.
    I dunno. From a class of 30 or so kids, seems reasonable that 4-5 of them got snapped (Peter and his closest mates).

If it was the entire school that got snapped, that'd be pretty suss and convenient plot wise.

3. Post
    Rambaldi wrote:
    Definitely could have been that, nobody has ever accused Sony of thinking things through. I’m still hoping in the actual movie that some people were snapped, but none of them his direct friends as obvious the trailers can’t show everyone.
    If they show it at all it will probably be a passing line in the opening monologue or something like "the school setup counselling for those who got dusted" and they show a group of students getting counselling or something.

4. Post
    Valeyard wrote:
    If they show it at all it will probably be a passing line in the opening monologue or something like "the school setup counselling for those who got dusted" and they show a group of students getting counselling or something.
    100% agree

5. Post
    What do you all make of mysterio being from another earth? Is he bullshitting or is this our first glimpse into the MCU multiverse?

6. Post
    I'm assuming his immediate mates were in the snap and got dusted along with PP.

Do we know for a fact which were and which weren't?

The whole trailer reeks of misdirection. Certainly something iffy going on.

7. Post
    Rambaldi wrote:
    Facepalm nobody is talking about them not looking older, so why do you keep repeating the 5 minutes thing? We already know time barely passed for the snapped people. We’re questioning why there doesn’t seem to be a single non snapped person in his school/class. And yes I agree it seems to be a very convenient cop out.
    Maybe Thanos was doing us a favor and snapping all the Millennials in 1 go!

8. Post
    You guys somehow forgetting that it was 50% of everyone? Not like 2%?

9. Post
    Bloody wrote:
    Maybe Thanos was doing us a favor and snapping all the Millennials in 1 go!
    Millennials are all in their 20s/30s.

10. Post
    Valeyard wrote:
    What do you all make of mysterio being from another earth? Is he bullshitting or is this our first glimpse into the MCU multiverse?
    It will be the MCU multiverse, however Mysterio won't actually be from somewhere else. At least that's what the majority of people who's comments/videos I check out seem to believe. I love Kevin Smith, who has written Mysterio comics before and his very first thought was yeah this'll be how they get in Fantastic Four & X-men but Mysterio is definitely lying, as that is what he does.

11. Post
    I hope if Mysterio is a bad guy, we don't find out until the next Avengers movie, or at least Holland's 3rd solo Spidey film.

12. Post
    Hopefully Jacob Batalon can control his weight and not put on 2kg everytime we see him.. rofl.

13. Post
    Hoping to go see this today.

14. Post
    Have my tickets for 5pm after work!

15. Post
    I think I'll watch this on Friday.

16. Post
    I was going to go watch it on Sunday, but just saw that school holidays start at the end of Friday...

17. Post
    Oh heck so that's why there's heaps of "saver" sessions at my local cinema

18. Post
    Least favourite Spider-Man movie so far. Critics are way overhyping it imo. Some cool sequences here and there. But I think I prefer Homecoming. Mysterio is an ok villain. But next one needs a new director. Maybe I'll enjoy it more on a rewatch but did not come away enjoying it that much on 1st viewing.
    Last edited by Valeyard; 3rd July 2019 at 5:32 pm.

19. Post
    Valeyard wrote:
    Least favourite Spider-Man movie so far. Critics are way overhyping it imo. Some cool sequences here and there. But I think I prefer Homecoming. Mysterio is an ok villain. But next one needs a new director. Maybe I'll enjoy it more on a rewatch but did not come away enjoying it that much on 1st viewing.
    Yeah have to agree. This was pretty disappointing

20. Post
    Enjoyable, same as the first one, nothing amazing just good.

Spoiler:

Marissa Tomei is fineeeeeee

21. Post
    Thought it was far too much teenage drama nonsense to be honest. Peter should be much more mature and grown up by now. Mysterio illusions and stuff was great, as was Spiderman's fight scenes.

22. Post
    .....Because he is a teenager....in school with other teens?

Guy also just lost his biggest mentor and has had wait of world placed on his shoulders and just wants to be...a teenager?

23. Post
    jords wrote:
    .....Because he is a teenager....in school with other teens?

Guy also just lost his biggest mentor and has had wait of world placed on his shoulders and just wants to be...a teenager?
    Yes he's a teenager but are we actually suppose to believe he is 16? This was clearly not aimed at audiences of over 20+ if that's the case because it was a lot of teen drama shit and I was yawning a lot.

I thought the way they did him in civil war and homecoming were much better, young and quirky but not too young he was useless.

24. Post
    Haven't seen it yet...But Peter is still just a teenager, despite having been involved in saving the world.

He's not the grizzled old Peter we see in into the spiderverse.

25. Post
    Haisley wrote:
    Haven't seen it yet...But Peter is still just a teenager, despite having been involved in saving the world.

He's not the grizzled old Peter we see in into the spiderverse.
    Yep I know that but after civil war, homecoming, infinity war, end game etc you clearly see a difference in this movie compared to how they portrayed him. He's my favourite spiderman played, this one just felt so weak compared to the others he's been in.

It's like they went backwards with his character, in the other movies you saw him maturing and becoming an actual hero, becoming spiderman.