Star Wars: Episode IX [2019]

Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.
(1 vote)
Page 2 of 6 First 12345 ... Last

1. Post
    Ins0mn1ac wrote:
    Just heard the Boba Fett movie has been cancelled. Is anyone actually upset about this lol
    I wouldn't really care if they cancelled IX lol.

2. Post
    Boba Fett is probably the coolest character in the universe, and he's the son of Uncle Temuera Jake the Muss, so yes I am pretty gutted there will be no Boba Fett movie.

3. Post
    CODChimera wrote:
    I wouldn't really care if they cancelled IX lol.
    cool bro, you're in the wrong thread

4. Post
    Valeo wrote:
    cool bro, you're in the wrong thread
    Nah this is the Star Wars XI thread ie the right thread.

5. Post
    CODChimera wrote:
    Nah this is the Star Wars XI thread ie the right thread.
    Nah bro it's Star Wars IX

6. Post
    Valeo wrote:
    Nah bro it's Star Wars IX
    Wait isn't this the Boba Fett thread?

7. Post
    Gonna be a lot of work for JJ to unravel the mess RJ made.

8. Post
    Necriss wrote:
    It's only one film.

9. Post
    Necriss wrote:
    JJ started the mess

10. Post
    clockblock wrote:
    JJ started the mess
    Eh. I disagree. JJ had a solid setup and I think everyone was excited to see what happened next and had a good amount of mystery. Who are rey's parents etc Anakins saber, Han's connection to Rey, Rey's vision, Luke in exile, then Rian had to be all like hahahah im just gonna subvert your expectations. And screw everything up. After VIII I really don't care what comes next. The trailer will have to convince a lot of people.

11. Post
    JJ should just play it like Highlander 3, and pretend the second one never happened.

12. Post
    Force Awakens undermined the original trilogy (which admittedly i never watched) even more than The Last Jedi by basically reskinning A New Hope and rendering everything that happened in the first trillogy futile, given that an even bigger threat to the galaxy emerged anyway, with an even bigger death star, etc.

13. Post
    GaR wrote:
    JJ should just play it like Highlander 3, and pretend the second one never happened.
    That might actually be the best idea, it's not like RJ gave him much to work with anyway with that dumb ending anyway.

14. Post
    clockblock wrote:
    the original trilogy (which admittedly i never watched)

15. Post
    CODChimera wrote:
    That might actually be the best idea, it's not like RJ gave him much to work with anyway with that dumb ending anyway.
    Have Rey wake up on the Falcon as shes arriving on the island. Tells luke she had a bad dream luke tells her it was a vision of the future from the force. one possible future if the force remains out of balance. easy.

16. Post
    Valeyard wrote:
    Have Rey wake up on the Falcon as shes arriving on the island. Tells luke she had a bad dream luke tells her it was a vision of the future from the force. one possible future if the force remains out of balance. easy.
    That would be so ****ing hack, but I really want it to happen.

17. Post
    Valeyard wrote:
    Rey had a bad dream, Finn had a nightmare. I like it.

18. Post
    clockblock wrote:
    Force Awakens undermined the original trilogy (which admittedly i never watched) even more than The Last Jedi by basically reskinning A New Hope and rendering everything that happened in the first trillogy futile, given that an even bigger threat to the galaxy emerged anyway, with an even bigger death star, etc.
    u wot mate

19. Post
    i wont be watching this at a theater. I hope it fails ( it wont ) but maybe after this and the less than expected returns forces the bean counters at Disney to have a good look at their target audience and return to writing good relatable characters in my space wizards soap opera.

20. Post
    Bloody wrote:
    i wont be watching this at a theater. I hope it fails ( it wont ) but maybe after this and the less than expected returns forces the bean counters at Disney to have a good look at their target audience and return to writing good relatable characters in my space wizards soap opera.
    Who exactly do you think is their target audience?

The characters are fine and good. Nothing much wrong with them at all.

21. Post
    JoeSkie wrote:

Rose.........

22. Post
    JoeSkie wrote:

Facepalm

23. Post
    JoeSkie wrote:

i cannot really convince you then if you believe Rey or Rose etc were all fine and good . /shrug , and before you start on the you hate them because they are female, just think if Rey was written as a male character, he would have gotten the same treatment.

https://youtu.be/BI2lCUHOWSo

24. Post
    I think the more interesting star wars stories going forward will be on Disneys streaming service. They seem to be doing some really cool different stuff there. The Mandalorian, The Cassian Andor prequel series etc. I guess the benioff and weiss films could be good if it is the old republic like some are saying.

25. Post
    they are definitely pulling the plug on all the movie releases except for 9 and putting them onto their streaming service. The execs definitely know that after killing off all the original characters and the failure of Solo to convince the older audience to return, the best bet is to fold the current characters into the dust bin and go with other characters and angles.